too lazy to change reflector

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a bunch of old brinkman lux 1 headlamps that I never modded. I tried a cree and seoul, but learned that the reflector needed replacing, cause the beam would get too difuse, ringing, and less throwy than the lesser lumen led. I just didn't fancy changing every reflector. And wasn't impressed with the throw of the rough reflector I matched with the seoul.

But what would a rebel, xpe, or xpg beam look like when used in the old lux1 reflector.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rebel has a bit narrower beam angle than the Lux I, so it will tend to have more spill and less spot. The K2 will have a nearly identical beam pattern and should give a very similar beam, just brighter.

Several places sell them, Futureelectronics.com. cpf r Phonton Fanatic, I think LED Dynamics, and some others.

wechnivag

Newly Enlightened
I still have a bunch of old brinkman lux 1 headlamps that I never modded. I tried a cree and seoul, but learned that the reflector needed replacing, cause the beam would get too difuse, ringing, and less throwy than the lesser lumen led. I just didn't fancy changing every reflector. And wasn't impressed with the throw of the rough reflector I matched with the seoul.

But what would a rebel, xpe, or xpg beam look like when used in the old lux1 reflector.

The Rebel, XP-E, XP-G and even Seoul P4 would work very well in the Lux 1 reflector; provided u get the focus height correct. The beam should be identical to the old lux 1 beam, only maybe the XP-G will have a 50% larger hotspot.

The trick is getting the new LEDs to be at the correct focus height, some shimming is required.