Poll: Would You Like to See Protected RCR2 batteries?

Would you like to see a protected Cr2 li-ion battery?

• Yes

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HarveyRich

Enlightened
There have been several great new Cr2 flashlights recently, e.g. the Nitecore EZ Cr2 and the Quark MiNi Cr2. Both operate successfully on RCR2 li-ion batteries. I use them, but would feel much more comfortable and safer with protected ones. AW, who used to make them no longer does and has told me in a private message that he has no plans to start manufacturing them again.

Perhaps if there is enough demand he might change his mind. To that end, I'm creating a poll to find out if there is any demand for Protected Cr2 batteries.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you sure they would fit? I know they have protected 10440's now, but they don't fit most lights.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Oh yeah, protected is the best way and safer to go. I have a mini cr2 on the way and want to run it on rechargeable li-ion. The sad part is cannot find a rcr2 elsewhere. :sigh:.

hotlight

Enlightened
I'd like the protected RCR2, or better yet(imo) a cr2 light with ODP that recognizes rcr2 or cr2.

I don't even have a cr2 light, yet.

DM51

Flashaholic
Harvey... you've been here long enough to know about the Batteries section, and that a post on this topic should have been made there... please take more care where you post. Moving the thread now.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I would love to see some protected RCR2's with a decent capacity, I've been looking for some for about 6months now but am still stuck with DX LiFePo4. I get about 15mins runtime on high on my EZCR2 atm.. :tired:

brh

Newly Enlightened
I voted yes, but I would also like to see more in the way of LiFePo4 RCR2s… Anyone else?