K3400 Update

Reno

Enlightened
The new Wolf-Eyes Crocodile K3400 HID light has gone through some developmental changes lately.
Check it out here. Anybody know when this will hit the street, and what it will cost? I'm<font color="brown"> drooling in</font><font color="red"> ANTICIPATION!!</font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
3400 lumens x 2 hours
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

How does this compare to the X990?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
-It has the ability to strobe (Morse code)?!?!?!?!
-Lithium-ion rechargeable pack
-40W output!!!!!

These are the features that catch MY eyes. WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

daz

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Wolf-eyes regarding the K3400 HID and they said Because we do not know how long it will take to get CE approval before exporting,we cannot tell you the exact releasing time,and we will publish it on our website when we can sell it.
So i guess we will just have to keep checking their website.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

daz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mark,i got my wolf-eyes M90 from ph-import.It`s a German website and because like you i live in the UK there`s no customs duty to pay.It`s in German and you have to wire the money to him (bit of a pain).
You could check the cheers and jeers section there are dealers offering international shipping there.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Web site seems to be down. I'm waiting on this as it seems to be just what I might need for traffic stops.

Reno

Enlightened
Madecov,

Remind me to obey any and ALL traffic laws in your neck of the woods...

Good Lord, getting 3400 lumens through a side mirror would singe hair!!

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
CE is self certifying, it simply means the product complies with the relevant EU directives. There are some very substantive differences between the EU and the North American regulatory envirornment. To put it politely, the device cannot be commercially imported with just CE. It is going to require FCC Class A at the very mininum as a commercial import, and because of the voltages involved, anyone who imports it without getting UL,CSA or ETL listed status is asking for trouble.

Let me give you an example of the kinds of differences. In the EU, you can generate all the electrical noise you want, the requirement is that all devices must tolerate it, no matter how bad it is, or how long ago it was designed!

I'd like to know how you sucessfull design for every possible RFI/EMI problem years before they appear? Realistically you cannot. The Germans figured that out, and they have two standards, TUV-A and TUV-B, whice are essentially FCC Class B and Class A respectively (If have been out to a certified test facility and have verified compliance with for example FCC B, the odds are extremely high that if you go to Germany, and test for TUV-A compliance, you will pass, and FCC A will pass TUV-B). FCC A and B don't require immunity, because it isn't practical, they simply don't allow you to radiate or conduct inteference.

It is an inherently smarter rule, since older equipment can continue to work without interference. I.E. it is the equipment's responsibility to bottle up inteference it generates.

So unless somewhere is prepared to invest about 6 figures in regulatory compliance testing, this product isn't going to be officially imported into the USA any time soon.

I should point out that private imports are an entirely different matter.

Reno

Enlightened
Well, I guess I'm in the right place. How many of us are carrying around Glowrings, after all?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif