Quark MINI split rings-check yours!

dillyspam

Newly Enlightened
Just lost my Quark Ti. It appears that the split ring supplied with mine was only "doubled up" about 30-40% of the total diameter.

I checked my wife's (used to be mine) 123 al mini, and her's goes almost all the way around doubled up.

No, mine did not stretch to a larger size. both the remaining split ring (SANS MINI) and the still attached mini have the same diameter.

copperfox

Enlightened
Just lost my Quark Ti. It appears that the split ring supplied with mine was only "doubled up" about 30-40% of the total diameter...

Are you saying that this is why the Quark is missing, that the split ring somehow failed? What's your evidence?

Dan FO

Enlightened
The first thing I did with my Ti Mini was to replace the split ring with a heavy duty stainless steel split ring.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just checked the split ring on my Aluminum QMini 123. It is double wire around at least 95% of the circumference. Sorry for your bad luck.

Geoff

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
unique titanium has good split rings and keychain attachments

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Lighthound also has superior quality split rings of various diameters & thickness. Most stock split rings are just cheap inferior wire.

The machined hole on the mini's is so delicate I do not use them at all except for some mini woven cord.
I'd be curious to know if anyone is seeing any evidence of wear on the hole itself if you have been using it with a split ring.

May be too cautious, but I would be sick if I lost another light to a bad ring or the hole wearing through for them.

Sorry to hear about your loss, the little ti mini's are almost like useful pocket jewelry.

Zendude

Enlightened
Lighthound also has superior quality split rings of various diameters & thickness. Most stock split rings are just cheap inferior wire.

The machined hole on the mini's is so delicate I do not use them at all except for some mini woven cord.
I'd be curious to know if anyone is seeing any evidence of wear on the hole itself if you have been using it with a split ring.

May be too cautious, but I would be sick if I lost another light to a bad ring or the hole wearing through for them.

Sorry to hear about your loss, the little ti mini's are almost like useful pocket jewelry.

Any pics with the mini cord? I thought it was too thick.

I put the split ring from my ld01 on. I can't rotate it but I don't think it will come off without some effort. Same thing goes for the ones from Berkley Point.
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/splitrings.html:thumbsup:

I see no signs of wear on my Ti MiNi AA and I honestly don't think I will. If I do though I promise to report it.

Last edited: