Mac SST-50 Titanium - WOW!

Holy Sh..... Mac, this thing is ridiculous! Easily the brightest of any of my Ti lights. For a 3.7V power source, this thing is rockin' bright. And I love the feel and build quality. Of course, as with all my lights, the first thing I did was remove the clip (even though it's a nice one). Just don't do clips. But WOW is this a great EDC. Carrying it as we speak! Thanks for a sensational product, Mac-ster. :twothumbs :bow::bow::bow:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy Sh..... Mac, this thing is ridiculous! Easily the brightest of any of my Ti lights. For a 3.7V power source, this thing is rockin' bright. And I love the feel and build quality. Of course, as with all my lights, the first thing I did was remove the clip (even though it's a nice one). Just don't do clips. But WOW is this a great EDC. Carrying it as we speak! Thanks for a sensational product, Mac-ster. :twothumbs :bow::bow::bow:

You finally got one :)

Mac

Ha ha. The beam does have a yellowish middle ring but the center hotspot, as well as the outer flood, more than makes up for it in brightness and whiteness. This light will definitely take its rightful place in my EDC rotation, especially when I need a raw blast of power. :D. Plus, the machining and quality of finish is a 10 out of 10. I'm really happy with this light. :grin2:

Barbarian

Enlightened
I'm glad you finally got one Troy. Now you know why I own so many. I love these lights!

I'm waiting for my first Ti version from the 4th run. You can order one in the 5th run without the clip. I'm sure I'll also be back for another in the 5th run.

I'm glad you finally got one Troy. Now you know why I own so many. I love these lights!

I'm waiting for my first Ti version from the 4th run. You can order one in the 5th run without the clip. I'm sure I'll also be back for another in the 5th run.
Excellent, Tim! That means that there will definitely be a fifth run? You're right: this is quickly becoming a serious contender for principal position in my rotation. :twothumbs

Barbarian

Enlightened
It's up to Mac, but the demand is there for a 5th run.

The warm tint is phenomenal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Barbarian

Enlightened
The beams on mine are pretty clean. I wouldn't own four if the beams had a lot of artifacts because I'm as big of a beam snob as anyone.

I'm assuming you are talking about right around the hot spot? I guess an argument could be made that there is the faintest yellow ring, but I had to put the beam about 2 inches away from a white piece of paper to find it because it flushes out nicely.

Do you have the cool or warm tint version?

The beams on mine are pretty clean. I wouldn't own four if the beams had a lot of artifacts because I'm as big of a beam snob as anyone.

I'm assuming you are talking about right around the hot spot? I guess an argument could be made that there is the faintest yellow ring, but I had to put the beam about 2 inches away from a white piece of paper to find it because it flushes out nicely.

Do you have the cool or warm tint version?
This has gotta be the warm version. It's phenomenal. :D

The Coach

Enlightened
:ohgeez: Well, I guess that settles it. If Troy has one, I'd better get one too, if there is a fifth run. I think I would go for the Ti with the 1.4 though.

The Coach

Enlightened
That's pretty high praise, there, Sal. :D

You can't go wrong. The thing is un-freakin'-believable.

:twothumbs I have the aluminum 2.8 from the last run with the 4500 warm LED. I think the next one will be the !.4 6500 white LED. I don't like to repeat lights. :devil: