3 headlights into 1.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
few months ago i picked up a husky 3aaa rotating diffuser light at home depot for 0.01c yes a penny, idk why it was that cheap, but i looked for more, however they only had 1.:(
the light is great as a flood light, enough output, however not waterproof, (fine with me as my experience showed, all headlamps that i wore in rain got water in, than they dried up and were fine), single level, also fine with me, not regulated, has only a resistor, some would think it is a downside, but i really don't care, as long as it works, simpler the better.

the only major drawback was, that it was not pivoted, it was really annoying to put my head down all the time, so luckily i was in a discount store once, picking up paper plates, and saw a $2.99 headlamp with 7 leds, crappy leds, crappy elastic band, but as a loaner, was just fine. and the best thing it runs on 3AA cells and pivots, and it has GLASS lens, not that it is important, but still. i got 3of them.

with dremel, epoxy, soldering iron, and few hours later husky was fixed, now it tilts, runs of 3aa cells, lithium's cells really make it lightweight.
the band i took off my energizer light, it works a lot better than original 2 bands, the energizer uses band that came with husky light.

here is a one of the donor\loaners (i swapped crappy white leds for bright green leds, not only it adds originality to a loaner, but i also will always know where it is , when it is on), and the fixed husky light.

P1050816.jpg

P1050817.jpg

P1050818.jpg

Last edited:

chenko

Enlightened
Way to go! Nice job, I like this kind of clever usage of what is available. Really, that's cool! :)

Randall

Newly Enlightened
That's nice! How many lumens is the led headlights?:thinking: