Diving light for camcorder

kubi

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a camcorder operating in wide angle with a 0.5x wide converter in this home made case: http://www.mht.bme.hu/~kubi/canon/kameratok/

I'm designing some light source for it. Currently I have 3 SSC-P7 at home, but a they have blueish tint, so I want to change.

I'm thinking about MCE4WT-A2-7B0-J0 STAR because they have quite good price in a local store and seems to have nice warm light (around 3000K).

I'm planning to have light on the flex arms. I'm also thinking about some just under the camera close to the front glass like Packhorse's "Ring of Light".

I'm thinking about the number of LEDs on the arms and under the tube. I know that the more is the better, but does it really worth it if I put more than 2-3 per arm?

What about the optics? The view angle of the camera is really big, I can't find a good opticfor ~80-90 degree. Moreover the normal characteristics of the LED is not too bad.

What about the canister? Currently I have one that has 16 protected li-ion cells. It is ~D7cmxL30cm so it should hang on the jacket. But for safety reasons it is not the best idea to connect myself to the camera case...

Any idea how li-ion cells resist pressure? What if I put then in a soft, water resistant case under the camera tube surrounded with FBS glue?

The last question is he near-far problem. The light will illuminate only close targets. For far shots I'll need to use some filter. But the filter will cause too many red on the close targets. Does anyone have experience if it is possible to remove the red fog by post-processing or I have to make removable filter?