PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your lanterns

Default Re: Post your lanterns

This is my collection minus four that i forgot to add to the photo

Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Have you ever tried the black diamond lantern family version? Is it better then the rayovac one? I love my apollo one dimming feature is great.

Flashaholic

how do you like your n220?

Also, how do you like the mini hybrid lanterns? What type of solar panel does it use? Mono Poly etc...

What is the small orange lantern nest to the dynamo top one?

Also whats the light next to the nokero n200?

Nice collection by the way.
    "When you do something right, no one remembers. When you do something wrong, no one forgets."
    Edison was right with dc all along...

Quote Originally Posted by ama230 View Post
    how do you like your n220?

Also, how do you like the mini hybrid lanterns? What type of solar panel does it use? Mono Poly etc...

What is the small orange lantern nest to the dynamo top one?

Also whats the light next to the nokero n200?

Nice collection by the way.
    The Nokero N220 i haven't used that much lately since it had a sticker on it saying to only use it after its had 48 hours in the sun so for where i am i only get the sun in one window that faces east for a couple hour a day so i fully tried it. It lights up more than the little Nokero N200.

The Hybrid lights i have had for a few years and came in handy during Hurricane Irene when i lost power. There great cause they give both Ac-DC cords, then you have the solar panel and you can put regular alkaline's in it. The output is quite good, they say its 200 lumens but i think it looks more like 150. the panel on them does look like mono-crystalline when i compare it to my AE solar light that's next to the two.

The little orange one next to the dynamo is Highgear's dynamo crank lantern. you can use the dynamo or the provided usb to charge it. It has a high & low output is really quite good for its size and it was practically nothing. It can also be converted into a down light. Only negative to me is the long charge time via usb ( 15hrs) and it the led doesn't tell you when its done charging.

The white lantern next to the Nokero 200 is the Snow Peak Hozuki Lantern runs on two AA's has a neautral tint,Multiple modes & dimmable. It can also be powered by a mini usb port in the hook, just wish they gave you the cable with it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Id did purchase a couple of other lanterns, which i will put up later this week.
    Last edited by 276; 05-22-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Here's my flashlight/lantern combo. .

Pick the pooch!

don, what are those diffusion heads on your L2Ps? I like them better then the SF ones. Do they work well without artifacts?
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

And what are those lantern adapters on the S-Minis?

@phaserburn - those are from Fenix TK accessories. The best feature is its slipped on not unlike the screw on from SF. No artifacts and works well just like the LT-1.

@lanternlover - the S-mini's & Incendio have Fenix LD,PD... accessories too. Its slipped on just like the TK.

TM11 - also has a larger Fenix TK accessories just to add.
    Pick the pooch!

Thanks. I have a couple of Fenix AD501 lampshades. Good to know that they will fit the S-mini as well. Too bad the S-mini does not have a neutral white or warm white version.

Quote Originally Posted by don.gwapo View Post
    Here's my flashlight/lantern combo. .

how do you convert flashlight into lantern? what is that opague frosh plastic top ? where can I buy it ?
    Admiral of Starfleet Special Operation Forces. We are the vanguard of the Federation against hostile forces.

They are slipped on so your flashlight will convert into lantern in a snap.

Yes, they are opaque frost plastic top. I got all this accessories at BJ but other dealers also have it.
    Pick the pooch!

What is the smallest lantern with the best runtime that can be commercially bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    What is the smallest lantern with the best runtime that can be commercially bought?
    How much output is acceptable as runtime typically comes at the expense of lumen output.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Maybe from 40-60lumens. I intended it as a campsite lighter. Something that I will leave lighted up overnight while camping.

Maybe from 40-60lumens. I intended it as a campsite lighter. Something that I will leave lighted up overnight while camping.
    One night.... two nights.... give me your estimate in hours of total runtime off 1 set of batteries as a night could mean 6 hours or even 10 hours.
    The reason is that 40 lumens off stock lanterns takes enough power that it would tax AA batteries but D cells on a two level LED lantern could do it well enough
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Say from 7.30pm to 7am. That's about 11.5hours per night.
    Based on a single night camp out.
    I would be happy if the lantern can stay lighted the whole night on a pair of eneloops. I am prepared to bring in spare battery if I need to camp out for several nights.
    Also if the physical size of the lantern to be as small as possible since I don't get a lot of carrying capacity on an Atv.
    Last edited by BenChiew; 07-25-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Say from 7.30pm to 7am. That's about 11.5hours per night.
    Based on a single night camp out.
    I would be happy if the lantern can stay lighted the whole night on a pair of eneloops. I am prepared to bring in spare battery if I need to camp out for several nights.
    Also if the physical size of the lantern to be as small as possible since I don't get a lot of carrying capacity on an Atv.
    You aren't getting any 40 lumens for 12 hours off a pair of eneloops even with the most efficient LED emitter out there. We are probably talking 3-4 eneloops for about 40-60 lumens for about 4-6 hours. To get better you would need to go do something like the 3D rayovac lantern using alkaline D cells and I am not sure what the low mode is

I say for $28 you could probably shop around and get something cheaper and possibly better depending on where you are located.

This takes 4xAA, but I have one and love it. Very much a "battery vampire" that lasts forever.

http://www.kelty.com/p-394-lumatrail.aspx

Flashaholic

Here's mine today, changes every weekend.......Missing from photo is a 07/1952 Coleman 220E, in the mail to me as we speak.

Top step, left to right
    1990's 2-mantle Coleman propane, 09/1976 Coleman 2-mantle 220J, 01/1965 Coleman 200A, & 01/1959 Coleman 220E

Middle step, 2 Century Tool/Primus 5400 Mighty Lights, 2 Campingaz Lumostar 270s, UCO Candle Lantern, Brookstone 4AA & 2 River Rock/Flavour Lights

Bottom step, Eddie Bauer 4D incan, Brookstone 4D incan, & Rayovac Sportsman 3D
    Greetings Professor Falken....

Unenlightened

Sssh Re: Post your lanterns

Those I have all restored/polished up. They're all Canadian, too.

Left to right: 4-66 model 200, 5-62 model 200, 3-73 model 335, 4-63 model 236 (500cp).

Those are before they were cleaned up.
    Top left to right: 1-45 model 168k, 2-84 model 625, 11-63 "nickel under paint" model 220E, 6-51 model 237 Empire, Bottom left to right: 2-86 model 325, 2-76 model 335, 1-65 model 200 and an unknown month 1970 200.

My pride, a seafoam 237 Empire from 1946.

I Have a few Dietz lanterns too...
    Last edited by Norm; 11-11-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Hi

A couple of Vapalux/Bialaddin, I bought the right hand one recently at a local bootsale for £3, it needs a new glass, mantle and pump seal..

Camping Gaz lantern, a bit rusty after hanging in the garage for years!!

Outwell 4D cell lantern that came with some fishing/camping gear that I bought second hand..

I had a really nice camping Gaz lantern with a large white globe type glass until it got knocked off the shelf in the garage

John

Duboost, how does the Coleman 8D High Performance Twin Led (4 XR-E) Lantern perform?

Karl

Flashaholic

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted this. My collection has grown along with my knowledge of Coleman liquid gas and LP lanterns and stoves. My lanterns are now about 4 to 1 in favor of liquid white gas/LP to battery powered lanterns. My collection is too large to display like this:

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg View Post
    Here's mine today, changes every weekend.......Missing from photo is a 07/1952 Coleman 220E, in the mail to me as we speak.

Top step, left to right
    1990's 2-mantle Coleman propane, 09/1976 Coleman 2-mantle 220J, 01/1965 Coleman 200A, & 01/1959 Coleman 220E

Middle step, 2 Century Tool/Primus 5400 Mighty Lights, 2 Campingaz Lumostar 270s, UCO Candle Lantern, Brookstone 4AA & 2 River Rock/Flavour Lights

Bottom step, Eddie Bauer 4D incan, Brookstone 4D incan, & Rayovac Sportsman 3D
    Greetings Professor Falken....

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMag_Crazy_Greg View Post
    Wow, it's been a long time since I posted this. My collection has grown along with my knowledge of Coleman liquid gas and LP lanterns and stoves. My lanterns are now about 4 to 1 in favor of liquid white gas/LP to battery powered lanterns. My collection is too large to display like this:
    Which is why I'm hoping Fenix is just "testing the waters" with their small 2aa lantern-ish light. I would love to see a good 1000+ lumen 4-18650 true lantern. If they used the same kind of tech they've used now in the LD50 and LD60 it would be perfect. It would be more consumer friendly too in that you wouldn't have to have exact matching voltages in your cells. Basically just put the TK61 on it's end Fenix, and put a good defuser over it. Oh and make it neutral. Actually put a secondary smaller defuser over the xm-l2 too to make the light softer.
    Last edited by martinaee; 10-24-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12