Re: WIP: Couple of Flame Colored Mokume Gane Lights
The second light took quite a different turn, due to some issues that arose while etching the Mokume Gane--seems that there was a particular layer that wanted to develop pits. I've induced pitting when it suits me, but usually all over the body of the light. This localized pitting just looked bad, so I had to turn the light down to remove the pitting for the most part.
Then I flamed the body and left the nickel silver black, rather than turning it down, as in the first one:
The head of the light is actually some tri-color Mokume Gane, consisting of copper, brass and nickel silver, although it is hard to see the brass. In addition, I decided to put some grooves into the head, for decorative effect and a better grip for turning the light on and off.
So here are the final two lights from the same bar of Mokume Gane:
I'll undoubtedly do a few more of these before too long, but I've got a bunch of Chad Nichols SS Damascus that needs to be turned (no pun intended) into lights first.