BlackShadow
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your ideal watch?

Default Re: What's your ideal watch?

You must be so stoked, dude! Very nice, is that a ceramic bezel?
    I pledge to be Shelf Queen-free by 01/01/11. "Use 'em!"
    My Builds: Mag623 ; RoomSweeper Clone

Sure am!

Just on a month since I got it, and apart from work it doesn't come off!

It is the ceramic model... lots of people knock the ceramic bezel's but I think they look great!

Plus the new glide lock bracelet is just awesome!

I have a black NATO on the way to mix it up a little

Couple more pics from today.

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights

My ideal watch lately. So comfortable that its on my wrist almost 24/7:

Let there be light.

That´s mine, a Sinn U2 S.

Cheers

RBR

So far these two... Just got them today. Pretty much my first watches.

Hi all, my watch is a Traser Diver in Orange with Tritium H3 lume, bought it a couple of years back - wear it every day!

I also have a 10 year old titanium Seiko Chronagraph, which I bought when I was about 12, still love it but it doesn't see so much wrist time now, due to scratches which result from being worn everyday and no sapphire/titanium.

My next watch is the very watch which DimeRazorback has; whether that day will ever come remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsportmat View Post
    My next watch is the very watch which DimeRazorback has; whether that day will ever come remains to be seen.
    A Rolex Sub-C?

I hope to have one, one day as well. Perhaps 5 years after my new career takes off. That would be a realistic timeline. Ironically, I do know one Rolex A.D. willing to discount by 10% and work with customers to avoid paying state tax (legally) on a Rolex Sub. Not sure how long that deal will last. Possibly as long as they're in business since there are certain requirements customers must meet to get that sweet deal. If you're interested in the the details and the location of the A.D., PM me.

Also . . .
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    A Rolex Sub-C?

I hope to have one, one day as well. Perhaps 5 years after my new career takes off. That would be a realistic timeline. Ironically, I do know one Rolex A.D. willing to discount by 10% and work with customers to avoid paying state tax (legally) on a Rolex Sub. Not sure how long that deal will last. Possibly as long as they're in business since there are certain requirements customers must meet to get that sweet deal. If you're interested in the the details and the location of the A.D., PM me.

Also . . .
    Yeah, a Sub 116610 - can't put a date on when the day will come, however!

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I live in England!

I have an international contact if anyone is interested.

He does new and old for great prices.

Loving that traser btw Tsportmat, I'm always looking at them but having pulled the trigger on one yet.

It's funny there is action in this thread again,
    today I find waiting for me when I come home, ,my first Swiss automatic!

It is so great!
    previously I had, Russian and Chinese.

I pledge to be Shelf Queen-free by 01/01/11. "Use 'em!"
    My Builds: Mag623 ; RoomSweeper Clone

Omega SMP 300

love it

Do any of watchies like Ball Watches? I have been oogling these for months now since stumbling on them in another discussion.

obi
    Stay sharp and bright for life.
    Have your knife and light handy at all times.
    Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Yeah I love the look of some of the Ball collection.

Was tossing up between the Hydrocarbon Engineer and my Oris Titan Chrono... I chose the Oris obviously, but still wonder how I would have liked the Ball.

They both have the same movement, so it was based on aesthetics and external appearance. My main reason for choosing the Oris was the fact it was Titanium and was too be discontinued... since I got my Sub I rarely wear either of my Oris anyway!

My next watch purchase will be one of these:

After that, I think I'll stop with the watch addiction for a while cause the next thing on the list is a little out of budget...
    Last edited by DimeRazorback; 08-02-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsportmat View Post
    [/URL]
    awesome looking traser
    Let there be light.

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

Quote Originally Posted by DimeRazorback View Post
    Yeah I love the look of some of the Ball collection.

Was tossing up between the Hydrocarbon Engineer and my Oris Titan Chrono... I chose the Oris obviously, but still wonder how I would have liked the Ball.

They both have the same movement, so it was based on aesthetics and external appearance. My main reason for choosing the Oris was the fact it was Titanium and was too be discontinued... since I got my Sub I rarely wear either of my Oris anyway!

My next watch purchase will be one of these:

After that, I think I'll stop with the watch addiction for a while cause the next thing on the list is a little out of budget...
    On the jubilee like that?
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

Yeah, but a Patek Philippe is a thing of beauty.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    On the jubilee like that?
    Yes sir! If I can't, I'll be happy with an oyster. But Jubilee is the preference

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Yeah, but a Patek Philippe is a thing of beauty.
    They are... as are the Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso's, and A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Tourbillon

See where I'm going with the stopping of the watch addiciton!

See where I'm going with the stopping of the watch addiciton!
    Looks like straight off a cliff at about 110mph.

Flashaholic*

I wore a Submariner every day for about 20 years. I wore it changing the oil, mowing the lawn, building and sawing lumber, digging the garden, swimming--and I wore it to the office. When it got dirty, I hosed it off or took it in the shower. Since I never serviced it, after about fifteen years, it started gaining a little time, so I got it serviced and wore it another five years. Then I decided it was time for another watch and gave it to a friend. He's worn it every day for the last seven years. Not that it's a workhorse or anything.

bill

Not an "ideal" watch (I think its far from that), but I like this combo a lot. And it can't get much simpler than this

Let there be light.

There is no single ideal watch for me. I wear a stainless Datejust with jubilee bracelet at the office, a TAG 2000 outside the office and my "beater" is a Swiss Army officer model with auto movement. I have an older Seiko Auto diver watch that will eventually be given to my son and occasionally I'll wear a Hamilton Khaki auto chrono. Eventually the TAG will be replaced by a submariner or seamaster.

Still love my Tissot T-touch; 5 years old now. Very plain looking, you wouldn't know all the features included.

Buds- i am looking into getting a t touch but i havent ever actually seen one in person? Do you feel the compass is easy to use? Anything else you can tell me pros or cons about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt6263 View Post
    Buds- i am looking into getting a t touch but i havent ever actually seen one in person? Do you feel the compass is easy to use? Anything else you can tell me pros or cons about it?
    It's an excellent piece. Very easy to use, and definitely has a feel of high quality. The only cons on my model is that there is no illumination on the LCD and the temperature readings are not accurate until 10-15 minutes after you take it off (for obvious reasons; body heat). It is very accurate in time keeping and the compass is great. I mostly depend on the barometer to let me know if the weather is improving or worsening. It has a very classic, clean look to it, so it doesn't look like you're wearing a GEEK watch at all.

It's very rigid, has taken a lot of abuse over the years, but through all of that, the rotating bezel is still firm, not a visible scratch yet on the glass (first time I've experienced true scratch-resistance), and all functions are still working 100%.

-- one more thing that may be considered a Con...I've had the watch quoted for a battery replacement and have been quoted between $90 - $199 plus 4-6 weeks wait time. This was unacceptable, so I bought a Watch tool-kit for $15 from ebay, and did it myself. Total cost, around $25, and no wait time.

I believe the new version of this watch has a backlit LCD, but I have yet to remember where I read that. Let me know if you have any other questions.

My T-Touch. It's actually closer to 7 years old now after recalculating the purchase date. Still functioning, still my favorite. Not Geeky looking, but has Geeky features.

Are you on the Risti forum too?

Quick update:

My Orient Black Mako proved an excellent value, as far as inexpensive automatic watches go. A ton of quality for not much money. Highly recommend it, overall. Mine was so nice, it was stolen. Oh well. Replaced it with a Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro diver. Gorgeous, excellent watch . . . That my wrist just doesn't like. Worn it a few times, but you can't shove a square peg into a round hole no matter how hard you try to jam it in there. So, I'll be selling it soon.

Yeah, my Citizen BM7080-03E has indeed become my ideal watch after wearing it nearly non-stop for over a year. I'll likely buy an automatic watch that looks just like it, one day. Perhaps a non-chrono TAG Heuer Carrera or the previous version of the Omega Aqua Terra. Yeah, those models cost more. But I think it would be worth it.

Buds thanks for the info. Seems as though im going to be lookong around for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt6263 View Post
    Buds thanks for the info. Seems as though im going to be lookong around for one of these.
    Happy to assist! When you get one, update me on any upgraded features. Unfortunately, these are built like tanks, can't justify buying the current model if mine is fully functional, LOL.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast