• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sign-Up Thread for the Silver Killer

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be out of my mind, but I've decided to make a small run of Sterling Silver Killer AAA Lights--so small that only four will be made.

It wasn't easy finding solid bar stock in sterling silver, but I managed. Originally, I was hoping to make some La Petite Killers, but I no longer have any 40mA drivers, so I will use the 90mA driver and 5-die LED and make the AAA version instead.

The price will $600 each; shipping included via EMS world-wide.

So, this is a sign-up thread, which means that you are willing to commit to buy the Silver Killer when it is completed. Please do not post that you would like one, unless you are able to afford it when completed. I am not asking for any pre-payment on the Silver Killer, just a commitment to buy it.

I will deliver the Silver Killer, maximum of four units only, and possibly fewer, if something should go awry in making them, in the order that anyone signs up for them.

Sign-up List for the Silver Killer at $600 each:

1. Taken
  2. RedLed
  3. Ships third
  4. Reserved

And what's a sales pitch without a photo?

Here's the sterling silver bar: 16mm x 300mm:

SS%2016mm%20x%20300mm%20Bar.jpg

:devil:

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow! Too rich for me but I'm looking forward to pics. Were you really running sr44-powered LPK's at 40 ma? I think the original 10 ma or so was fine. The tiny LPK format also makes sense for this light since it can double as jewelry (I'd think about giving one to a lady friend).

paulr

Flashaholic
Don't take my "vote" too seriously since I don't have the funds in either format at the moment, but I think it would be worth getting more boards made if possible, to make this light in the LPK format instead of AAA. If my finances improve anytime soon, I could imagine being interested in a silver LPK, but the AAA version just seems too big. I also wonder if the LPK cost might be lower. By my calculation, 75mm of that 16mm bar is about 5 ounces of silver, a nice chunk of $$$. Of course you'd get some of it back by recovering the chips.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to be absolutely beautiful Fred and I'd love to sign on for one but...but...I seem to have gone well past my $50G per year flashlight budget! ;) You know I love your lights though!!:twothumbs

Karl