Photon Rex warranty is crap

hivoltage

Enlightened
I bought a brand new Photon Rex.....the light would not come on and the battery would not charge. I sent it in for a new one in December. I know they got it because I got a letter saying they were out of stock right now back in Jan. I have emailed them 3 times....the address on the package and even called them. No answer. I give up...and will never buy another item from them again. Pi** poor customer service in my opinion!!!!! And on the box they even brag about how good their customer service is...what a joke. I just had to vent, I hate to get ripped off.:shakehead

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a brand new Photon Rex.....the light would not come on and the battery would not charge. I sent it in for a new one in December. I know they got it because I got a letter saying they were out of stock right now back in Jan. I have emailed them 3 times....the address on the package and even called them. No answer. I give up...and will never buy another item from them again. Pi** poor customer service in my opinion!!!!! And on the box they even brag about how good their customer service is...what a joke. I just had to vent, I hate to get ripped off.:shakehead

Did you go to this site? I ordered a Photon Proton Pro from BatteryJunction but I had some problems getting the clip off. I contacted the company directly at the above site (they also have a discussion board) and got a response right away. They told me it was a little hard to get the clip off, told me how, and said if I ended up bending it they would be glad to send me a new clip at no charge.

So, my only directly dealing with them was quite helpful. Maybe they have gotten a lot worse since then (last year). If you haven't been to that website it's worth a try. Maybe the email address/phone numbers have changed?

Sorry to hear about your experience however!

hivoltage

Enlightened
Thanks, but what site? I went to their support site, there was no forum there but a place to ask them a question. It was the LRI website, as listed on the box. It says in big letters...."We Take Qualitry Seriously". However, we wont send you a new light as promised, and we wont answer phone calls, Emails, or questions posted on our support site.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I'm waiting for a replacement ReX from LRI, too, and was beginning to wonder about it. I sent my light back around January of this year. I got a quick reply that the ReX would need to be replaced, but that they were out of stock, and would send one to me when they came in.

As a gesture however, they sent me a free Photon Freedom. Not to malign their intentions, but the Freedom may have been a return, for the beam was rather yellowy.

In a separate incident more than a year ago, I had written (snail mail) to LRI to ask about exchanging two very old, but unused Photon III lights. (I keep a bunch of Photon lights on hand for use as gifts.) These two Photon III lights had bad switches from the beginning, but I never got around to sending them in. Anyway, since the Photon III was no longer available, I inquired about the cost to upgrade to two Freedom lights, or one ReX. I expected them to say that I waited too long, or provide me with an upgrade cost, but to my dismay, I didn't hear back from LRI at all.

So maybe one or two months later, I made a copy of my original letter, and sent it off to David Allen, head of LRI. Not long after that, I received a ReX in the mail. They didn't even ask me to send the Photon III lights in, but I did so anyway. Of course what could have worked in my favor is that I provided proof of the four dozen or so Photon lights I had purchased over the years.

Mike V

Enlightened
I've had really good customer service from them in the past.

They replaced my Photon Freedom Micro and my ReX charger even though it was probably me that broke them.