Where 2 find 1gb thumbdrives...

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Anyone know where I can find any of the older 1gb thumbdrives online? I've got an older truck stereo and it wont play anything bigger than 1gb - but it does play music on 1 gb and smaller ones...

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a ton on Amazon for cheap, and probably everwhere else, including your local computer stores or even supermarkets.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want you can format disks to be smaller. In windows XP at least, right-click My Computer, select Manage, and in the left-hand pane, select Disk Management. You'll be able to Format any attached devices (Don't do it to your hard drive!) and make a partition of whatever size you want. But yeah, if you can find 1GB drives they'll be cheap.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newegg has a few, but you're probably just as well off getting some 2GB disks and formatting them down to 1GB.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Thanks guys - I think I almost got it figured out but not quite.

I've gone some new, empty 2 gb thubdrives and Vista. I've got the computer management screen up and I can see my new 2 GB thumbdrive.

On the bottom is says: Disc 1
(F:)
1.86 GB exFAT
Healthy (primary partition)

I can't figure out how to change the size from there ...

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys - I think I almost got it figured out but not quite.

I've gone some new, empty 2 gb thubdrives and Vista. I've got the computer management screen up and I can see my new 2 GB thumbdrive.

On the bottom is says: Disc 1
(F:)
1.86 GB exFAT
Healthy (primary partition)

I can't figure out how to change the size from there ...
I haven't used Vista for it, but it looks pretty similiar to the way it was in XP. Here's a brief guide.

SirStuey

Newly Enlightened
Another option would be to source a 1gb mini SD card and pop it into a mini USB card reader. Might be cheaper, too.