Looking for a new flashlight.

Kevzaz

Newly Enlightened
I don't mean to be a noob with my first post. Butttt, here goes nothing.

I had a 3D Maglight with a LED drop in. Was a good flashlight, but bulky and killed batteries. I recently lost it :mecry: but that means time for a better one right?

I mainly use my flashlight for hiking and camping, so durability is a good thing and obviously water resistant at least. And of course I want it to be bright, isn't that what we all want?

So what I am asking for, is your guys help to find me a suitable flashlight for around $50 I am willing to budge a few bucks (10)
:twothumbs:

Thanks again!

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

1. are you an alkaline guy or are you willing to use rechargeable lithium cells?
2. Do you need complex user interface, or simple 1 or 2 mode?

Kevzaz

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

1. are you an alkaline guy or are you willing to use rechargeable lithium cells?
2. Do you need complex user interface, or simple 1 or 2 mode?

Thanks. And to be honest, I would be open to either, and I would like a simple mode in case of emergency. Plus if others need to use it, I don't want to have to tell them how to use it :p

red02

Enlightened
ET P100A2 seems like a good choice at your price point (40 shipped).

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the 4sevens Quark line too. They're great lights, and you won't be disappointed.

The Quark 123-2 Tactical with an XP-G R5 emitter will put out more lumens, but you probably wouldn't notice the difference. The biggest difference will be the beam pattern. The XP-G has more spill/flood and a larger hot spot than the Quark 123-2 Tactical with an XP-E R2 emitter, so it depends on what you prefer. The XP-E Quark probably appears to be brighter to most people, but it just appears that way because of the brighter hot spot. Either way, both of these are great lights, and IMO, you can't go wrong with either one.

Also, considering the fact that the XP-E Quarks are on sale right now, and the fact that you can use the "CPF8" discount code (8% off) during checkout, it will fall under your budget at $53.96, while the XP-G Quark will be just a touch over your budget at $63.48. I've already figured the 8% discount into both of these prices, and one more thing, free shipping is standard from 4sevens:thumbsup:.

Just something for you to think about.

Last edited:

Kevzaz

Newly Enlightened
Look at the 4sevens Quark line too. They're great lights, and you won't be disappointed.

The Quark 123-2 Tactical with an XP-G R5 emitter will put out more lumens, but you probably wouldn't notice the difference. The biggest difference will be the beam pattern. The XP-G has more spill/flood and a larger hot spot than the Quark 123-2 Tactical with an XP-E R2 emitter, so it depends on what you prefer. The XP-E Quark probably appears to be brighter to most people, but it just appears that way because of the brighter hot spot. Either way, both of these are great lights, and IMO, you can't go wrong with either one.

Also, considering the fact that the XP-E Quarks are on sale right now, and the fact that you can use the "CPF8" discount code (8% off) during checkout, it will fall under your budget at $53.96, while the XP-G Quark will be just a touch over your budget at $63.48. I've already figured the 8% discount into both of these prices, and one more thing, free shipping is standard from 4sevens:thumbsup:.

Just something for you to think about.

Thanks bro. They seem like legit lights. I wish I could try them out before buying.. haha