greatest lumen/size ratio?

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
what light(s) are particularly exceptional in this regard? I know of lights like the Olight SR90 that put out a large volume of light, but that comes at the cost of a similarly large size. that is understandable given the requirements of good heatsinking and the accommodation of adequate batteries, but I find that more often than not I use my lights for momentary illumination and so am willing to compromise on those two points. any overall size would qualify, anything from EDC style lights to larger and heavier lights, as long as the lumen/size ratio is high!

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark 123... Lots of light from a flashlight slightly bigger than the battery itself.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

The Lambdalights.com has a VARA2000 SST-90 which is about 300 more OTF lumens then the SR90 and cost $178 vs. $445. The VARA2000 is a 3D Mag with way more features and more compact. It does however lack the throw power the SR90.

The king of lumen per size ration is the Moddoo Tripple XP-G R5. You get a real 1000 plus OTF lumens in a 6P hosts or 3P hosts.

bigC

flashfiend

Enlightened
Since you mentioned momentary illumination then I'm thinking for LED's a D26 or D36 sized light with either a sst-90 or sst-50 drop-in. Going into custom Mag 1D sizes you can go with a sst-90 based light (make it even smaller if you can convert it to work with a tailswitch). You could do a Mag 1C in a similar setup for a thinner tube diameter.

I myself carry a Surefire 6P w/ FM G4 Sunlight drop-in and WA1111 incan bulb using 2xIMR16340. I could get more output if I switch to a 9P and WA1185 bulb.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Preon Penlight. If you use the AAA tube and run it off a single li-on AAA cell you get direct drive off that XP-G R5 and 300 OTF.

For the how tiny this set-up is I think the Preon single AAA XP-G R5 may be the winner here. I haven't tested the Maratac, but if it has an XP-G R5 it may be up there too.

DM51

Flashaholic
Has anyone worked out some comparison figures, such as lumens per lb? I have a feeling the Draco would rank pretty high...

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a lumen/volume chart, draco was first, followed by the RAW and then the drake.