Coleman XPS Hi-Tech Lantern?

compnaut

Newly Enlightened
Hi.

Has anyone tried the Coleman XPS 4D High Tech Lantern? It is not that bright (190 lm on high) but it offers lower lows than the RayOVac I recenly purchased, and I thought I might pick up the Coleman as well. I've seen it at WalMart and at Amazon for $25 and $35 respectively.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did a little googling on this myself and couldn't find too much on it. It certainly looks lighter than the High Performance, though the run time is much shorter. It does seem a bit better constructed.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one yesterday at Big-5 sporting goods for $24.99 and later saw it on-line at Walmart for $19.99. (I am talking about the new 3aa 85 lumen Hi- tech model. I now see that you were asking about the 4D model--sorry. )

I think its worth the money. It's much brighter than my Black Diamond Apollo, although I prefer the design of the Apollo. The twist brightness control has 6 distinct levels -not the infinite number I expected. 6 levels are plenty, though. I do wish the lowest were lower, however.

The glare is much greater with the Hi-Tech vs. the Black Diamond. The Coleman seems to direct a balanced amount of light up, out, and down while the Black Diamond primarily projects downward.

The tint appears to be a cool white in the 6000K-6500K range.

Last edited: