Let's see your PRETTY aluminum lights!

fyrstormer

Banned
So there are a few stainless threads and brass threads and titanium threads out there, but I don't see any threads focusing on aluminum lights. No doubt that's because the vast majority of lights worth paying for are made of aluminum, so it's not really all that special. But design counts for a lot, so let's see the aluminum lights you bought because you thought they looked cool, as opposed to because they were cheap and bright.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Here are some of mine:

PhotonFanatic Tasklight Two, nickel-plated:
CIMG3241.jpg

CIMG3237.jpg

The McGizmonster, bead-blasted/nickel-plated/anodized:
CIMG3615.jpg

CIMG3609.jpg

McGizmo Aleph Mule, nickel-plated:
CIMG3583.jpg

Peak McKinley, anodized: (yes, believe it or not I bought this because I thought it was pretty :p)
CIMG3853.jpg

CIMG3851.jpg

Arc6 and Nitecore EX10, anodized: (admittedly I also like the functionality, but they're still pretty to me)
CIMG3299.jpg

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a raw aluminum Peak single red led. I have no real use for it, I just think it's pretty. And I know it must be at least somewhat attractive because when I mentioned selling it my fiance vetoed that idea post haste. :laughing:

I'll polish it up and take pics either today or tomorrow. Good idea fyrstormer!

fyrstormer

Banned
Wow, your fiancee told you NOT to sell your useless toy? You'd better already have a ring on that one -- and a barcode, and a GPS, and and and and... :D

(btw...fiance is male, fiancee is female. I'm not judging though. :p)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, your fiancee told you NOT to sell your useless toy? You'd better already have a ring on that one -- and a barcode, and a GPS, and and and and... :D

(btw...fiance is male, fiancee is female. I'm not judging though. :p)

Really! :ohgeez: Well my fianceeee (extra e's for emphasis) is pretty awesome. No GPS chip yet. Though I could maybe sneak one in the E01 she has on her keys.

Her: "What are you doing with my flashlight?"
Me: "Oh nothing dear, just um er... trying to figure out how it works *solder solder* hehe :devil:

I didn't realize we could list any alum lights. I'll take some new pics of my swissbianco Nitecores too. :thumbsup:

EDIT: That McGizmonster is sick! Can I have it? ;)

fyrstormer

Banned
Really! :ohgeez: Well my fianceeee (extra e's for emphasis) is pretty awesome. No GPS chip yet. Though I could maybe sneak one in the E01 she has on her keys.

Her: "What are you doing with my flashlight?"
Me: "Oh nothing dear, just um er... trying to figure out how it works *solder solder* hehe :devil:

I didn't realize we could list any alum lights. I'll take some new pics of my swissbianco Nitecores too. :thumbsup:

EDIT: That McGizmonster is sick! Can I have it? ;)
Hey, as long as you think they're pretty, it's all good. I'm just trying to draw a distinction between the lights people have because they look cool, vs. the lights that double as chipper-shredder "repair" tools because they don't care how they look, that's all. Though maybe a "show us your most abused lights" thread would get a few hits too.

(I might've been stretching a little because most of my lights are Ti...:whistle:)

Just tell her, "oh, um, I dropped your keys and the circuit board came loose. I'm reattaching it." [flash that winning smile]

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've posted this photo in other threads, but I can't seem to post it enough. Here are two of my favorite aluminum lights!

4630653968_4436885c21_o.jpg

Mac's EDC Alum in Violet
Drako AlTIN

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I might be alone in this but I think the Solarforce L2 in gunmetal grey is a rather pretty Aluminium light, with or without the strike bezel.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be alone in this but I think the Solarforce L2 in gunmetal grey is a rather pretty Aluminium light, with or without the strike bezel.
While it probably doesn't fit in with what the OP had in mind, the Solarforce L2 gunmetal is a gorgeous colour.

It's so nice, my wife took it and put it in her purse :D

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had fun finding these lights and getting the trits in. Now they're going to a new home where they'll be more appreciated. :)
IMG_0611.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
A few of my "pretty" Al. lights.

Original McGizmo Splash-Ano Aleph-1

IMG_1587.jpg

Bare Al. Aleph-3 (Custom Ganp body, Icarus Tri-Cree mod)

IMG_1851.jpg

Bare Al. Original Orb Raw (modded with SSC-P4)

IMG_1853.jpg

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an older shot that I took of a Maxlite II that was polished up by me.
Always liked this pic, pretty light and the reflections look cool.
shots024.jpg

Latest posts