One Month as a Flashaholic

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I've had one month now as a flashaholic. I actually ordered my first light a couple of months ago but it was on back order and then I went on vacation. I came back May 2 to a Quark AA^2 Tactical. After that I have added:

Fenix LD20
Quark AA^2 Regular
Quark 123^2 Turbo
Quark 123^2 Turbo WW
Fenix TK40
Quark Mini 123

Last week I ordered:
Quark Mini AA
Quark Mini CR2
EagleTac T20C2MkII in Neutral

Today I pressed the button on:
Thrunite Catapult V2 SMO
Preon I (yellow)
Quark 123 regular

and to top it all off, my first titanium custom light, the Volare AA

I have got to slow down now, but wow, this has been fun so far. I am a bit embarrassed though :eek:

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are all nice lights, very good going! :twothumbs Aren't you tempted to try out a Surefire? I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire.... ;)

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I'll end up with a Surefire or two sometime :) But I'm really wanting a Ra Clicky now and I am also saving room for the 4sevens Maelstrom lights. Those can't come too soon for me.

ASheep

Enlightened
Nice work there! My first "official" month as a flashaholic (frequenting CPF) yielded an iTP A2SS and a preon 2 WW, and that was pushing the budget... Oh to graduate and get a real engineering job...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That's some serious collecting. You must not have a wife looking over your shoulder, and if you do, she must really be a wonderful woman.

Geoff

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
No, no wife. But then I'm female...I guess I didn't mention that earlier :D

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must add either a D10 or EX10 from Nitecore to your collection. They are superb. Lovely, lovely beam.

Get the SP version if you can, much better than all that ramping nonsense.

And the EX10 SP rocks with an AW123 in it.

edc3

Enlightened
Congratulations! That's a great start. It's all downhill from here. Hiding your purchases from your S.O., whipping your head around every time you hear a UPS truck, eating ramen so you can save up for that next great light. Have fun! :broke:

:welcome:

soli

Newly Enlightened
wow, quite a first month. You certainly hit the ground running (at a full out sprint!)

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone - more lights to look at :twothumbs

jcw122 - yes, I do seem to like the Quarks. After the first one, I found that I just couldn't stop with them.

GMLRS - well, I might have gotten the Olight this month but I had to take my cat into the emergency vet one Sunday afternoon. The cost was almost enough to cover the SR90 but having a happy & healthy cat is worth far, far more.

BTW, I am single but am staying that way for the moment. When that changes I'll be sure to let all you flashaholics know :laughing:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
and to top it all off, my first titanium custom light, the Volare AA

I have got to slow down now, but wow, this has been fun so far. I am a bit embarrassed though :eek:

Yeah, I was also a little bit embarrassed first, you'll get over it! :crazy:

You had a good idea to go Custom, the Volere is a great little light by a serious custom artist. At one point, it is more interesting to get one custom light from time to time than another bunch of stock lights. OK, I also still get what I call stock lights, but Customs really are my love, I preffer prepays, where you can follow the birth of the light in the sales-thread. I don't mind if it takes longer than announced, it often does... :cool:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
GMLRS - well, I might have gotten the Olight this month but I had to take my cat into the emergency vet one Sunday afternoon. The cost was almost enough to cover the SR90 but having a happy & healthy cat is worth far, far more.

Sorry to hear about your cat! My dog went to the ER Vet on Sunday as well. A SPY Tri-V could have been purchased with the amount of money we spent. :sick2: Worth every penny to have a dog on the way to full recovery though.

edc3

Enlightened

We spent almost $1000 last year on a cat that didn't know how to keep its tail out of a closing door. Worth it, cause he's a great cat, but ouch. Could have bought two McGizmos. :mecry:

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Y At one point, it is more interesting to get one custom light from time to time than another bunch of stock lights.

Yeah, I have some more stock lights I want to get but I can really see the joy of slowing down and getting some really nice custom lights. Now that I've had my wild drunken rampage this month, I'll slow down and sip some fine wine :) I'm really looking forward to the Volere and think it will be the start of something wonderful.

I do have a couple more lights to buy soon as gifts. Now that I'm addicted I need to try to spread the disease around some :devil:

ninmm and edc3 Sorry to hear about your pet misadventures as well. They are so worth the money though and I'd rather have a healthy pet than a new toy any day.