SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 1 of 155 123456781151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Put the diffuser wand on my Xeno E03 and hung it over the food table at out campfire all night last night. Lit the area like a champ, but on low it was low enough to maintain a good campfire atmosphere. Also got several comments on how cool it looked .

Default What did you use your flashlight for today?

Hey CPF!

I thought maybe we could get a rolling thread started. Just let everyone know one or more things you used your lights for on the calendar date you are posting.

Feel free to use the below posting format, or if you only have time for a quick one liner that's alright too.

Flashlight: RA Clicky High CRI
    Used For: The low low setting on my RA was used to check on my injured pup while she was resting. Didn't even know I was looking in on her.

So, what have you used your lights for today?

Enlightened

Surefire e1b, used to peek inside a chainsaw housing to find a fuel line that had fallen off the primer bubble.

Flashaholic

The police were chasing someone that ran through my yard around 11:30 tonight. I didn't really accomplish anything, but I had fun looking out my windows with my SF E2e.

I use mine to find the cats toys every night and to get around the house or the take some trash out before I go to bed. This is a every night thing with the cat or she cries all night. I use my house lights very little at night and just use my flashlight most of the time and for those middle of the night bathroom visits, if you were to look at my windows at night it probably looks like a burglar casing the place. I like to watch TV in the dark so its easier to just use my flashlight than to turn the lights on when I get up. And I am using it right now to post this before I go to bed all the cat toys are accounted for.
    I Have A High Art: I Hurt With Cruelty Those Who Wound Me. (Archilochus 650BC)

~
    Fluffy
    ~ "She" says ... ... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Decided to give my car it's six monthly clean out and found an Energizer triple pack I got REALLY cheap under the drivers seat.

It's one of those packs where you get a flood to throw torch, a triple Nichia led headlight and a keychain light, all with batteries.

Stashed the headlight in the glove box, flood to throw light in the cupboard downstairs and the keychain light on my B.O.B.

Gotta love surprises.
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

Flashaholic*

Used my SR3 for looking down some pipes to see which ones were bent (all of them) and will use something with a low low for toilet trips throughout the night
    mossyoak --> Dear God man, its your honeymoon, screw the flashlights, bring one or two and some backup batteries, and fill up all that extra room you have with condoms and alcohol.

Quark 123 to charge up the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling for the kids before they went to bed.

Quark AA and Romisen RC-C6 set on flood for cycling to the gym at night.

Quote Originally Posted by tolkaze View Post
    Used my SR3 for looking down some pipes to see which ones were bent (all of them) and will use something with a low low for toilet trips throughout the night

"trips"... plural ?

If it's more than 1 a night .......... see a doctor !

~
    ~ "She" says ... ... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

I used my E1L to check on my son before we went to bed and again when he started crying in the night. He's only 2.

It's always wise to be able to see where you're going when you go into his room, never know when you'll step on some pointy toy or stub your toe on a fire engine......

used my z3 with m61 to blind some suspects who decided no to pay attention.

Fenix L1T v.2 at 0145h this morning to put a (now empty) bottle of Australian Shiraz in the kitchen before crawling off to bed after having watched Avatar. All the house lights switched off hours before.

I've been using this light for house duty constantly for the last three months. It's a very good single cell battery vampire so I bring home handfuls of 'dead' AAs from work to drain the last photons out of. We test all cells handed in by staff on an Ansmann tester and anything under 40% goes in the recycle bin, anything over 40% goes in a 'part used' box. Only trouble is nobody but me would be interested in part used cells since capacities that low are only good for small LED lights. I end up with more than I can use but am loathed to get rid of them until they are really clinically dead. Last night/early this morning the L1T v.2 was running on an Energizer Lithium that was so low I got no reading at all on my home ZTS tester three days ago, and yet I still have high and low modes. I usually find that once high has gone, I have one evening left on low before the light flickers and then there's no more juice to relight if I switch off. If I leave it on, then it struggles an hour longer before falling off the lithium cliff. I guess it might soldier on even longer with an alkaline.
    Gladius; SF E1e+Veleno 2x E2e+Veleno, G3+9vLED, G2L, 9P+FM34+Z49/HO9/EO9; Fenix L2T, P1DCE, P2DCE, P3DCE, L2DCE, P2D R100, P3D R100, T1 SMO; HDS Rotary; Mini-Mag AA+TLux 5W,Mag 2D+TLux 5W, 6D; LegionII MCE; Nitecore Extrm; Novatac 120P; Solaforce L2+Thurnite XM-L; Zebralight H30-Q5&H60

used my catapult for F.O.D check, then walk-around inspection of a jumbo jet.

used my quark 123-2T R5 for working inside the cabin, and final walk-around inspection.

used my zebralight 501w hands-free to organize my tools into my tool bag.

used my quark mini 123nw on my keys to close the driveway gate, and make sure i dont step on any dog poop! (very important)

used my surefire E2DL to light up the neighborhood trees while im having a smoke in the backyard

Flashaholic*

I picked up one flashlight by my computer to see if it worked...yep..and then picked up another ...it worked too!

It's light until almost 10pm now...I just don't need a flashlight all that often. I do have and use the house ceiling lights however.

Quote Originally Posted by gcbryan View Post
    It's light until almost 10pm now...I just don't need a flashlight all that often. I do have and use the house ceiling lights however.
    House lights? That's not very CPF! Unscrew them all now and bury them in the garden.
    Gladius; SF E1e+Veleno 2x E2e+Veleno, G3+9vLED, G2L, 9P+FM34+Z49/HO9/EO9; Fenix L2T, P1DCE, P2DCE, P3DCE, L2DCE, P2D R100, P3D R100, T1 SMO; HDS Rotary; Mini-Mag AA+TLux 5W,Mag 2D+TLux 5W, 6D; LegionII MCE; Nitecore Extrm; Novatac 120P; Solaforce L2+Thurnite XM-L; Zebralight H30-Q5&H60

FL: EDC SST-50
    USE: to get upstairs from the office, didn't want to turn on the lights and wake up my pup last night

FL: E1B
    USE: Check to see if a door was locked down a long dark hallway.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

SF Titan on low for getting ready for work, Haiku XP-G on high for verifying a water pump leaking in one of my Crown Vic's... That's it so far, but the day is young.

Quark 123 on moonlight mode to find snacks at midnight and searching for pain meds .

Flashaholic*

New Jetbeam jet-i v3 r2:

Daytime -

Looked in a mousehole on Med
    Looked in a different mousehole on Max
    Looked for some car parts in shed on shelves on Med
    Looked for some paint cans in shed on shelves on Med
    Loooked inside an engine manifold on Med
    Looked inside the garden shed for a shovel on Med
    Looked inside a lizard hole (bearded dragon) on Max
    Took lizard to woodpile and watched him crawl under wood on Med

Nighttime -

Scared the 3 horses back out of creek on Max
    Checked the cockatoos in their aviaries on Med
    Checked and locked up the machinery shed on Med
    Locked all the gates on Med
    To woodpile to bring in wood for fireplaces on Med
    Took dog out to its toilet on Med and Max
    Took dog out again later to its toilet and bed on Med and Max
    Into paddock to check rainguage and reset min/max thermometer on Med
    Will go out shortly to check yards, paddock and cockatoos again before bed on Max and Med.

Nothing interesting...
    red SF-A2 LEDs at ~2AM to get a drink of water and blow my nose.

CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

9P/P60L/2x18500's to light up the insides of a few slot machines that i was working on.

U2A on low to avoid tripping over cats this morning when i was getting ready for work.
    If it ain't bright, It ain't right!

Used my M3 combat light to change the hot and cold water faucet hoses under the kitchen sink last night !
    Used my EagleTac T10c to find my boots in the basement this morning. I probably would have found them sooner had I just turned teh lights on but then where's the fun in that!

Flashaholic

Let's see, last night (I work nights, 7p-7a) used on 2 shootings (first had multiple vics, second the vic was GOA, so had to look around a bit), then on an assault, and of course for all the little stuff in between.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

5/31/2010. The timer went off for the lights in the public bathroom I was using!!!

Flashaholic

Last night -Brushing my teeth & using the bathroom when my wife was already asleep - so as not to wake her up with the house lights. Used my SC50 on low 0.7 lumens & 38 lumen medium in the tail standing position.

This morning - Checked on some wiring connections behind a computer rack server.

Used my Inova T2-MP to unlock my dog from his dog kennel outside before the sun came up. I'm so sick of running into spiderwebs everyday outside my house - so I'm looking for spiderwebs with it
    Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII & T100C2 MK II - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P & L2M - Jetbeam BC40 - Lumapower Trust 2 - C30 Flood-to-Throw AAA

Last night, I used my Surefire 6P with XP-G R5 drop-in to observe a skunk laying down in the flower bed (that I had planted earlier in the day ) drinking water out of one of the lawn ornaments.

I used my Quark 123^2 Turbo to catch a HUGE spider on my bed last night. It was black with a white spot on it's abdomen ... Anyone know a lot about spiders??
    Quark 123^2 Turbo: Quark 123^2 Tactical S2: Quark 123 Tactical S2: Quark 123^2 NW Regular: Fenix PD30 R2: Fenix L2D Q5: Solarforce L2 w/ Nailbender SST-90 drop-in: Incendio v2: Inova X1: Robert's Custom EDC: HDS Ra Clicky 140E w/ blk SS bezel

And then what? The sprout to grow into fauxtons or something? I did not know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat! View Post
    House lights? That's not very CPF! Unscrew them all now and bury them in the garden.
    The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Page 1 of 155 123456781151101 ... LastLast