Foxfury Rook
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Enlightened

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

used my E2L underwater in a pool to get the bottom of a light fixture tab to line up to resecure the light. Fixture was in shaded side of pool, the light helped out big time. I've used it underwater a few times before, no problems so far.

Used my Streamlight Polystinger LED to see inside the cells during both counts today. BTW that's 612 cells. Did not use it to signal the picket operator today but I often do. Used my Fenix LD10 to inspect my truck tires after work and to find my way around in the dark. That's all have a nice day.
    >====>Rocketman
    Fenix TK40, PD30 R2, PD30 R4, LD10 R4 | Streamlight Stinger DS LED, Polystinger LED, Strion LED, Scorpion LED, TL-2 LED | Surefire 6P/M61L | Malkoff MD2, Hound Dog/MD4/McClicky | Jetbeam RRT-2 Raptor

I used my TK40 just because it was dark. Walking around the inside and outside of my house just because I love my flashlights. Am I the only one? I was surprised that my neighbors didn't call the cops.

I used my Milky L2 to find my cellphone in the dark last night. Much more fun than turning on the "house lights".

For the next few days my Haiku XP-G 2XAA will be used in a test to see how long it will run using Energizer Ultimate Lithium L91's in the low mode that is about 6 lumens. Scout24 just completed his test using a single Surefire 123 Lithium battery and his Haiku ran 40hrs so this is a comparison test we think it should last at least 2 days. So I will be using my light for everything and not even turning my house lights on for the next 2 days or until my light runs out of juice.
    I Have A High Art: I Hurt With Cruelty Those Who Wound Me. (Archilochus 650BC)

to blind house flies, it makes them easy to swat. no flyswatter or epically fast and accurate eye-hand coordination needed. i can literally swat them in slow motion.
    The lights we own end up owning us...
    Best brands: UltraFire, SacredFire, TrustFire, SpiderFire, StarFire, SuperFire, Yes-Pres-Obama-We-would-love-to-refinance-your-country-Fire & Surefire...in that order. But NOT UniqueFire. They can suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by stallion2 View Post
    to blind house flies, it makes them easy to swat. no flyswatter or epically fast and accurate eye-hand coordination needed. i can literally swat them in slow motion.
    Reported for cruelty to insects.
    >====>Rocketman
    Fenix TK40, PD30 R2, PD30 R4, LD10 R4 | Streamlight Stinger DS LED, Polystinger LED, Strion LED, Scorpion LED, TL-2 LED | Surefire 6P/M61L | Malkoff MD2, Hound Dog/MD4/McClicky | Jetbeam RRT-2 Raptor

Used my light to light up ducks trying to sh*t all over neighbors dock, after which they would come visit my deck... actually the light was to help my dog chase them away, which worked quite well. It was also helpful to guide him back to the stairs so he could climb out of the lake....
    ^G When I reply, threads die....

Flashaholic

I definitely need to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by ^Gurthang View Post
    Used my light to light up ducks trying to sh*t all over neighbors dock, after which they would come visit my deck... actually the light was to help my dog chase them away, which worked quite well. It was also helpful to guide him back to the stairs so he could climb out of the lake....
    are you implying that the ducks are doing this w/ malicious intent???.......because that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Best brands: UltraFire, SacredFire, TrustFire, SpiderFire, StarFire, SuperFire, Yes-Pres-Obama-We-would-love-to-refinance-your-country-Fire & Surefire...in that order. But NOT UniqueFire. They can suck it!

I find this very interesting I think you might have created a new indoor sport. I will have to let a few flies in and try this just to be fair I might have a few drinks first to give them a chance.

Power went out this morning after a flock of birds attacked a power transformer in the area and blew it up?!? That's what MB Hydro told me...crazy! Anyways, grabbed my Fenix E20 and kept an eye on the water level in the Sump Pit...power was out for 2.5 hours while the Electrical Company replaced the transformer...had to empty the sump pit with a pail while I waited for the electricity to come back on. Probably a good thing...apparently the birds around here are going kamikaze!

Flashaholic

LG Mini II, used almost nightly to find and herd the cat back inside, just before going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
    Am I the only one?
    Nope! That's 100% normal around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Locoboy5150 View Post
    Nope! That's 100% normal around these parts.
    Well that's good to know. I don't even bother turning on lights at night when I need something or need to go somewhere, I just use my flashlights. Like we use to say in Alaska, "Just for the Halibut" which is 'just for the hell of it'.

I was doing some cleaning and found a missing flashlight, so now I own two flashlights. LOL

3LED MiniMag, I used it once found to compare the beam from it and my 7 year old Inova X5. The MiniMag is brighter.

Used my High CRI Clicky to navigate the dark hallways in the Corporate Center to drop off my backup tapes. I could have turned on the lights, but that would be no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ^Gurthang View Post
    GET DOG HEADLAMP, WIN-WIN.
    >====>Rocketman

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    GET DOG HEADLAMP, WIN-WIN.

i think i just shit my pants

Last night I was down stairs in the basement refinishing one of my canes and went in the bathroom and saw some little ants on the floor and the more I looked the more I saw so I was spotting them with my light and smashing them with my cane then I went in the laundry room and there were some by the drain so I smashed them and then spent the rest of the night looking for ants I am not sure how they got in but this morning I mixed up some bug killer and sprayed my basement and around the house that was the first time in 20 years of living there I had ants in the basement. They were so small and light colored that I had to turn off the basement lights and just use my flashlight to spot them I think I got them all but I will keep searching for a few days just to make sure.

Today (6-4-10) was the media day for the grand opening of the new dark ride at my home park, The Haunted Castle at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Members of a world-wide roller coaster club called the American Coaster Enthusiasts, of which I am a member, were invited this morning to come ride it with media reporters an hour before it opened to the public.

After the media day was over, I stuck around to ride it with the general public once. Since it was brand new, they had never ridden it before. Two little boys waiting in front of me in the queue, each about 10 years old, were terrified of riding. I told them that I had ridden it twice already and it wasn't that scary at all. They asked me to ride in the seat in front of them and point out all the monsters that jumped out at the riders.

I did even better than that. I pulled out my EDC light, my trusty Fenix LD20, and lit up all the spooky monsters in the ride to help calm the boys' nerves before they popped out and made loud noises at us. There were no other riders near us so I was careful not to spoil the effects for anyone else. The boys were thankful that I had my light and they weren't scared at all.

I noticed that as soon as we all got off the ride, the two boys ran around and got back into the queue to ride again.

I forgot that there was another incident where I used my light during my Disneyland vacation last week. (I mentioned that trip in post 47 on page 2 of this thread.) A man waiting in front of my girlfriend and I in the queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad gave his son some pennies to throw into the steams that meander through the queue. He told him to try to throw them way up high into the troughs above the streams.

The boy, about 7 years old, tried to throw them up there, but since it was late at night he couldn't see the troughs very well. Most of the pennies ended up way off in the dirt. I then asked, "Need a light?" as I turned on my Fenix LD20 and pointed it at the troughs. The boy still didn't manage to throw a penny into the troughs, but he and his father were thankful for being able to see.

As we walked further along in the queue past the streams, I overheard the father say to his son, "Wasn't that cool...that man had a very bright flashlight right when we needed it!"

Used my standby High CRI Clicky to look under the floor of the server room when rerouting network cables.

I lit up the pesky raccoon that visits the deck each night to raid the birdseed and suet.

Geoff

Signaled a buddy when he drove right past our meeting area. I used strobe on a Qmini123, it worked quite well.

My aunt who is a truck driver was showing me her new flashlight. She thinks it is bright and she uses it to help back up the big rig and for other things. She bought it at an autoparts store. It is an LED keychain light two of them for $5. She saw my little tiny 4Sevens Preon 2 in my pocket and was joking me about my little, tiny, cute flashlight. She challenged me to a flashlight duel. Well, what was I to do? After all I could not miss this chance to have some fun. We go outside in the darkness and she says well lets see what your little pen light can do, so I turn it on LOW. By this time she is picking on me in a fun way and turns on her light and starts to gloat, she is having fun. So now I turn the Preon up a notch, which of course puts her light to shame, so that shut her up. Well just like Mythbusters I could not stop there, so I go for HI, and that un-shut her up. What she said I am not going to type here. Needless to say I had fun with that little, tiny, wimpy Preon two.

Great story lovehim, haha.

I used my light today to make sure that a 30-gallon gas caddy was indeed empty. Lit the bottom of the tank right up revealing a small pool of gasoline and a bunch of yucky crap.
    Full Size: Quark AA/^2 Tactical (Neutral White XP-E), Surefire 6P w/ NB XP-G (4000k), QTL (XP-G)
    Small Lights: L3 Illumination L10 (Nichia 219)

Support Systems: LaCrosse BC-900 NiHM and SheKor Li-Ion Chargers

That's a great story lovenhim. Wish someone would challenge me that way.

I just used my quark mini 123 to read before taking a nap.
    Then it comes to be that the soothing light
    At the end of your tunnel
    Was just a FREIGHT TRAIN coming your way...

Flashaholic

structural inspections in the evening on construction site.

peeking into my bike's gas tank to see if theres any more gas left for me to reach the station as the fuel gauge is red/empty

Spy 007 on low to move around the house without waking my wife, then an early morning walk with my two dogs!