PK Design Lab
Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Used my Solarforce L2i as a bike light for my mountain bike speeding around.
    IAN2381
    Surefire C2, Surefire Z2/Zebralight H51/DQG AA SS NW/T10/RC-G2/TANK 501 SS/Ultrafire A30B NW XML/Solarforce L2T/Akoray K-106/Fenix E01.....

Flashaholic

Used my JB M1X and SF M6 last night just to feel good

I deployed the Milky high CRI floodmaster the other day to install/wire a drum motor for a Primo coffee roaster. With the O.S. tail i was able to tailstand the little gem and direct the smooth flow of light upwards, giving the entire work area a daytime like glow.
    It was no problem at all seeing the different insulation colors on the wires in an otherwise dimly lit area.

shown w/o O.S. tail.
    Happiness is having a high rate of fire .

Nice looking Milky you've got there! My High CRI clicky came to the rescue in a dimly lit aisle in Dick's Sporting goods. What was I looking at you ask?....flashlights of course.

Looking for ping pong balls after playing last night.
    Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

Used my SF 6p (18650) in a cave in Monhonk NY. Man that was a tight cave, had to crawl on back and abdomen throughout. I had my Energizer Hardcase Professional Headlamp on my head too. Both performed well even after I mildly banged both up on rock.

My silver e1b ended up a pool toy for the kids earlier tonight.
    If it ain't bright, It ain't right!

Quote Originally Posted by Superdave View Post
    My silver e1b ended up a pool toy for the kids earlier tonight.
    Haha. Oh man. Didn't you explain to them it's not a portable flotation device??

I used my new E1e to look for a split ring I dropped on the office floor.

lol, they were throwing it back and forth to each side of the pool then diving for it. she held up well, no battle scars.
    If it ain't bright, It ain't right!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Superdave View Post
    lol, they were throwing it back and forth to each side of the pool then diving for it. she held up well, no battle scars.
    "True Story" worthy.

Walked my Husky up to one of our gated communities parks. Saw some movement in the dim moon light when the Husky froze so I lit up the area with my MD2 / M61. It was like a scene from Night of the Lepus. A pack of about 20 bunny rabbits just standing there glaring at us. My poor dog never saw so many bunnies at one time in the same place that he didn't know what to do. Just kept turning his head one way then another. It was cracking me up.
    Afraid of the dark and what crawls out of it does not make you paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Walked my Husky up to one of our gated communities parks. Saw some movement in the dim moon light when the Husky froze so I lit up the area with my MD2 / M61. It was like a scene from Night of the Lepus. A pack of about 20 bunny rabbits just standing there glaring at us. My poor dog never saw so many bunnies at one time in the same place that he didn't know what to do. Just kept turning his head one way then another. It was cracking me up.
    Awesome story. Would have loved to have seen your dog just frozen and unable to figure out which bunny to get first.

Similarly, last night I was walking back to work and was just randomly lighting up small bushes/plants with my RA Clicky. When my light sweeps behind these flowers I see eyes glowing. I accidentally disturbed a black cats resting spot. He was completely lost to me until his eyes glowed green.

I had to go up to see what was wrong with the pump in the evap cooler and used my Preon II so I could see what I was doing
    When I'm not on CPF, I'm at... EDCforums.com
    I <3 Bark River.

Flashaholic*

Flashlight: 4sevens Quark 123^2 turbo warm white

used for #1:
    checking the inside of a sound devices 302 portable mixer: WHY does that screw turn, and not go in any further than this?

used for #2: to check that wound inside my mouth: is it still swollen so badly there?

used for #3: to check the time on my '50s Junghans alarm clock to see if I should get up already

Timmo.

Flashlight: Quark mini 123 warm white.

Use: Last night I went for a walk with my dog. The flashlight was attached to a lanyard around my neck for easy access. When I arrived back home, the automatic gate for cars opened, and I heard a snap. Oh no, the chain broke. To observe if my hypothesis was correct, I turned on my easily accessible light. I was correct; the chain had snapped.

I provided the light needed for my dad to get the gate closed. He fixed the gate this morning.

Every morning, my L-Mini II 5C sits on my bathroom counter on low while I shower. It provides just enough light so that I can navigate the tiles without tripping myself, and allows me to cleanse myself in half-asleep/zombie mode, refraining from waking up for those extra precious minutes. I just took receipt of my first flashlight purchase of 2010 today, an H501W, so we'll see if there is any competition...
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Light: 4Sevens Quark AA^2 Q3-5A Tactical

Use: Tonight I was at a campground, my sister and I parked a bit up the hill from the fire where our friends were. We decided to leave after a few hours, by then it was pitch black in the campground. Navigated our way back with my Quark on Turbo...I still awe in the power of this thing's beam! Plenty of spill, and loads of light.
    Full Size: Quark AA/^2 Tactical (Neutral White), Surefire 6P w/ NB XP-G (4000k)
    Small Lights: L3 Illumination L10 (Nichia 219)

Support Systems: LaCrosse BC-900 NiHM and SheKor Li-Ion Chargers

Blinded a friend...
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Blinded a friend...
    Is he still your friend?
    Fenix TK40/LD10/L2D/E01/NiteCore D10/SolarForce L2m & L2/Icon Rogue 1/Quark AA² Tactical/Aurora SH-034/SKYRAY S-R5/UltraFire WF-504B/iTP A3 EOS/TrustFire XP-EF23 & F20/Akoray K-106/Romisen RC-A5 & RC-N3 II/Tank007 E07/LunaPower Lumahunter.

Blinded a friend...
    I blinded a co-worker today after he said something about how our work lights were too bright... Yeah, it was mean.

Later I used it to look at some gritty threads to see if they were crossthreaded because the bolt felt really tight. I found the problem.

Used a flashlight to inspect the inside of our dog's ears.
    Retired engineer, author. Running Linux.

Went into the woods with a group of people. I lit the way in, the firewood search, then handed the light to the scaredy-cats. Then lit the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfool View Post
    Is he still your friend?
    Yes, I think so, but I hit him with my C2 w/ NB sst50 on high, so I guess we'll see if that changes. Hahaha.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Yes, I think so, but I hit him with my C2 w/ NB sst50 on high, so I guess we'll see if that changes. Hahaha.
    Can he still see?

He said my head was a big black spot in his vision. Hehehe.

Tonight I used said light to check the dark corners of the plant at work for boogeymen before I locked up. And then to check the treeline for boogeymen as I walked to my car. (our building is in a little town, there's no crime, but I check anyways. It's one of the perks of working second shift. I get to use flashlights when I leave.).

Enlightened

I used my Quark MINI 123 to look for my Romisen RC-N3 II R4 that seemed to want to play hide and seek.

Just a few minutes ago, I used my Fenix TK40 to look for something in my truck's glove box. While I was out there, I couldn't resist shining it up and down the deserted street.

My TK40's turbo mode *still* makes me smile every time I turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Locoboy5150 View Post
    Just a few minutes ago, I used my Fenix TK40 to look for something in my truck's glove box. While I was out there, I couldn't resist shining it up and down the deserted street.

My TK40's turbo mode *still* makes me smile every time I turn it on.
    That's funny because I just now used my TK40 to take out the trash and then started shining it up and down both streets and maybe a little on a few houses until they turned their lights on.

I've just used my E2L for digging around inside a server to identify a failed hard drive and replace it.

Low mode was beautiful for that application.

Enlightened

Used my Ra Clicky 170T on lowest mode this morning to find a pair of black socks without waking everyone up at 5 AM.