PEAK
Page 54 of 156 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4675

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Enlightened

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Well... nothing so stylish as others. There were some problems with the upstairs toilet and the sc600 in my pocket came in handy for an inspection of the tank, flapper and drain.

Flashaholic*

Used my EDC (HDS Rotary) the last week for: putting progressive snapshot in someones car (installed it correctly), searching for a lost cell phone (found it), and keeping track of my dog (successful for the most part).

Flashlight: Free Suntrust keychain light
    Used For: looking for my other flashlight because we only have 1 light bulb in the living room and it went out, and the kitchen lights been out for months, i guess its time to buy some light bulbs

Used my trusty Fenix TK35 to keep an aggressive man from hitting me.

When I got home last night, I discovered my neighbors were in a big fight with some trailer trash people they already had a feud with this year.

I didn't want to get involved, but wanted to get quietly in the house and avoid the brawl altogether. But just when I reached my front door this 'white trash' guy walked up to me yelling and trying to get me to fight.
    I already had my TK35 set to turbo handy, and gave him a quick flash right in his face. This blinded him long enough to allow me to get inside and lock the door.

Luckily the police arrived at that time, and they ended the fight and arrested 4 men, including the guy I blinded.

When a policewoman wanted to take note of my version of this incident, the batteries in her flashlight died. I gave my Fenix E05 to her so she could finish her report.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

I used my Clicky last night on low to move through the house while my gf was sleeping. And I took my PD30 to the shop as posted earlier. The flickering light is going back to Fenix to see if it falls under warranty. Hope to soon hear how the issue is going to be solved.
    Last edited by Ishango; 11-27-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by light zebra View Post
    zebralight sc50+. I used my light to get to the grocery store. I use it to do laundry, get around the house, look out for monsters etc. I'm starting to use it in place of turning on house lights to save. I wonder how much I would save....
    I use my H51w everyday for about an hour on average, but haven't used it to get to the grocery store though.

Brushed my teeth real good before a dental appointment; yeah like he was gonna be impressed. Used magnets to mount the H51w and rotate the beam to shine at my teeth.

Used the Quark high CRI Mini AA for a couple of hours today today to do some sewing work. Love that warm tint.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

Flashaholic*

I'm about to use my LX2 to search for broken glass particles on the kitchen floor.
    Laying it flat on the floor on high really brings out the tiniest little glass shards from all corners.

Thanksgiving night, lit the walkway for my aunt as we walked to her car. There are streetlights but the yard area is still pretty dark. She's getting up there in years, and I've heard that older people's night vision isn't good, and a trip and fall would likely mean an ER visit for her. I used my PD31 and had it set on max; no messing around! It lit the walkway like daylight, and there was no tripping over uneven concrete or curbs.
    Last edited by Stress_Test; 11-27-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Banned

just did some sweeping outdoors (pitch dark!), the last remainders of fall leaves haha. the Romisen RC-29 in mule mode with 14500's clipped to the baseball cap, which would have been really sufficient, but i also took my EagleTac T20 720lumens with me. put a white Fenix diffuser tip on the T20 and lit up the sidewalk in tailstand mode. except for the sheer useful light output (2 emitters: 1x 14500, 1x 18650) i obviously exploited four key features of my torches. Key features which not every torch possesses:

+ a reversible clip (so that you can clip to a baseball cap!)
    + the mule mode (so that you have 180° flood and a more light-weight torch!)
    + secure tailstand on rough bumpy ground (The Fenix LD20 would have failed to tailstand here!)
    + the use of a commercial Fenix diffuser tip (so that you have a lantern!)

These four features are natural to the Romisen RC-29 .. but since i also own the T20 and Fenix diffuser tips of different diameters i shared the features among the two torches.

Of the four features maybe the most striking one has been the mule mode. In the stairway (with white walls, ceilings) to the basement my baseball cap lit up the entire stairway, and outdoors at work i never felt dark around me: in front of me, and to both sides of me.

i luv the Romisen and my carefully picked other torches (T20, etc.)!!!
    Last edited by kreisler; 11-27-2011 at 10:06 PM.

I cleaned and lubricated the hood latch on my car. It would not lock the hood down. Some brake spray followed by some grease did the trick. Next time I'll do it in the daytime.

i must use my p100a2 nearly every day for this or for that .today i used it to look into a friends engine bay under the intake so we could see in there better .
    other days i use it to help me locate things around the house ,not that i need it i just love using it...lol....sometimes i will just shine it out the window and gaze at the wonderful beam it throws at night .its my first good led light and it amazes me every time .

Unenlightened

I used my LED Lenser P2 today when the light in the bathroom at work was out. It's plenty bright to just leave it on my keychain and bounce it off the floor. I keep my Fenix E21 at the ready every night when I walk home. So far I've only used it to light up a raccoon, which it did quite admirably.

Used a Quark AA tactical to search a prisoners back pack and fill out paperwork
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Yesterday evening I refilled the screenwash reservoir in the car. It was already very dark, so I used my Nitecore T0 because it was light and small and I could clench it between my teeth for those few minutes. Gives out more than enough light to work with.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Flashlight: Maratac AAA

Oops, mods please delete above. Accidentally hit Send in Tapatalk.

Flashlight: Maratac AAA

Use: The only light in the bathroom at work went out. Used the Maratac AAA as a candle to light my way through my "business meeting". LOL

Gotta say I love this little light. I use it a lot. We'll we how it fares after my Preon 2 neutral arrives....

Unenlightened

I had to look inside my fax machine! darn thing is still broken. I used the microstream although the stylus pro was in the maxpedition edc bag!

I am a headend technician for Comcast and frequently have to read very small serial numbers, MAC addresses, etc.. and lately I find my 50 year old eyes needing a lot of light to see these tiny characters! I have been using a Mag mini LED conversion for a year but just ordered an IncenDio V3U XP-G NW R4 and I'm sure my eyes are going to really appreciate it.

Just used my Olight Warrior to read street signs after I got turned around and temporarily lost. I'd forgotten my glasses and couldn't see the signs very well. Anybody who saw me probably thought I was on patrol with those 500 lumens blasting through the window.

Flashaholic*

very early this morning (2am) my neighbors car was set on fire (probably deliberately) my wife held my preon 2 HCRI (was first one I grabbed off nightstand) as I put out the fire with a DCP extinguisher, then I hit the smoldering car with a garden hose until the fire brigade came. So fire out, car cooling, fire and cops there with maglights and a couple of very underpowered lights (most powerful was a very run down SF G2) so I got out my Jayrob modded XML Maglite on high to pretty much light up the entire scene. Neighbors finally came out about 45 minutes after we started putting out the flames, so I guess they are heavy sleepers.

Glad I had such good lights, especially the big one
    mossyoak --> Dear God man, its your honeymoon, screw the flashlights, bring one or two and some backup batteries, and fill up all that extra room you have with condoms and alcohol.

I used a PD31 to clear out a nasty double-wide trailer. I wish I had remembered to bring my 9P/M91 light. The wider beam would have worked much better.

I dropped an allen wrench at work today. It bounced under my machine and the SS Revo saved the day. It is always on my keychain.

My ten year old daughter used my Zebra H501w as a headlamp in back of car to read a book while we drove family to the airport and again on the way back. She didn't notice or appreciate the neutral beam, but she sure was cute engrossed in her book.
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Flashaholic

Used my EDC (HDS Rotary Silver) to check the battery acid level on my dad's car. Everything looked good. Then I used my 4 Sevens Quark AA2 to read a book to my 6yr old daughter.

dajab77, nice use of the Quark :
    Leaving the ER tonight I used my Jetbeam to strobe some medics prepping their rig for the next call
    They hit me with their handheld spotlight. 2 minutes later when I tried to dial my wife on the cell phone I called my buddy by accident- I was seeing spots so bad I could hardly see the names to dial! Round one goes to AMR unit 314. Next time I'm gonna use my Solarforce with an XM-L driven at 2.8 amps...
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Used my Peak Eiger S.S. single-AAA keychain flashlight to light the inside of the Men's room at a Nathan's diner.

Nothing wrong with the light-switch. Just wanted to try out the latest light vying for the permanent spot on my keychain.

Have to be honest, I was a bit disappointed at the output. (Level 4 with wide beam, running on one lithium Energizer. Good for about 13 lumens.) Seemed a bit dim though.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Leaving a restaurant last night we had to cross a busy street. One of those nights when the visibility was poor...nobody seemed to notice us trying to cross. I slipped my SF E1B out of my pocket, clicked it on high, and lit up the crosswalk. Cars in both directions stopped immediately. Even my wife commented "that little light of yours comes in handy".

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhazzard View Post
    My ten year old daughter used my Zebra H501w as a headlamp in back of car to read a book while we drove family to the airport and again on the way back. She didn't notice or appreciate the neutral beam, but she sure was cute engrossed in her book.
    Aren't they great? I have been letting my little one (5 y.o) use my H60W in the car, as long as they keep their heads down, I don't get distracted on the lowest settings. I would prefer her to use the brighter of the two lower levels for reading since it doesn't have the PWM. Its a couple of lumens and plenty bright for her.
    mossyoak --> Dear God man, its your honeymoon, screw the flashlights, bring one or two and some backup batteries, and fill up all that extra room you have with condoms and alcohol.

Flashaolic Tales From The Street : Middle School Madness

Friday night. Four hundred middle school kids. Gallons of caffeinated soda and buckets of sugared candy. A game room, a dance room, and a gymnasium. Amped teenagers running amok on unchecked hormones.

My job as a chaperone is to keep the kids in line, safe, supervised, and most definitely not touching each other.

I didn’t notice anything wrong until I heard the screams. Suddenly there was a human scrum at the door to the gym. Bodies were stacking on bodies. It was then that I noticed the lights were out. Lights out in a gym with flying basketballs, and hundreds of kids running, and hundreds of kids now screaming and stampeding for my door to get out equals not good.

A quick reach to my back pocket and a fast draw of my Jetbeam BC40 into an overhand grip and chaos was avoided. With the other chaperones and the BC40 we were able to safely, slowly, evacuate the gym in a orderly manner. The BC40 lit up the entire gym. Total darkness time before I got there: about 10 seconds.

The other chaperones gave me grief: “Who carries a flashlight with them?” I just smiled and nodded. Better to have it and not need it then the other way around.

Good job Ultrarunner, for diffusing a potentially deadly situation. The others may have laughed at you, but many times people are killed in a crush of bodies when a crowed panics and rushes for a door. This definitely could've been a disaster with that many hyped up kids suddenly plunged into darkness; kids aren't normally known for levelheaded reactions under stress, after all

Neither are most adults for that matter! lol

They're very lucky you were there! The fact that the other chaperons teased you and didn't realize the danger just says a lot for their ignorance...

Page 54 of 156 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104154 ... LastLast