Storacell
Page 62 of 155 FirstFirst ... 125255565758596061626364656667686972112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4639

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Used my Preon to look in several patient's throats.

Was actually last night, but I used flashlights to entertain eight little girls. Had eight girls in the backyard playing flashlight tag.

Any time kids are not sitting in front of a TV or video game is a win in my book.

used my 4 sevens mini to go to the bathroom this am...

Used my Titanium Innovations Illuminati to check the dryer lint trap. No such thing as shadows and dark areas anymore.

At 03:30 CST my Quark 123 R5 no clip took me to the bathroom in Moon mode!
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Floody light of my Fenix E05 helped me open the guts of a malfunctioning old office printer and perform a quick cleaning. No immediate remedy though, damage was beyond my repair capabilities

Tam

5.11 tactical UC3.4 (work issued)

Just lit up the back gate as well as it has ever been lit with an 1185 driven by 3x18650.

Now going to go read a bit with Zebra H30 before out like a light. Good Night!

PBJS

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, my wife asked me for my flashlight. I keep my SWM V10R Anniversary Edition by me bed at night for it's low low, but my wife also has warm white Xeno E03 on her side for her own night time use. She was already in bed and said she couldn't reach hers, so I handed her the V10R AE. She turns it on, then I see it seem to go on and off as shadows jump around wildly, and I hear a thumping sound. She then turns it off and hands it back to me. I ask her what was up, she said the saw a bug on the floor and used my flashlight to kill it.

My wife refuses to carry a light. I think it's to spite me. If she carried a light, her reasoning goes, he'll think I approve of his hobby.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland View Post
    My wife refuses to carry a light. I think it's to spite me. If she carried a light, her reasoning goes, he'll think I approve of his hobby.
    Put a little coin-cell one on her keyring when she's not looking. That way, it'll need determined effort from her not to carry it.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Little while ago we finally took down the fake Christmas tree. I used my Quark 123 Click/Bump to find the bags each level reside in.

Really thought the power might go away. High winds and RAIN earlier!

PBJS

I used an E1e, modified to an E1L standard, to inspect some cannon barrels.

Flashaholic

Used Quark x AA tactical on turbo to locate a lizard hidden behind a frame and that has been bugging me for 2 weeks. Sent it to hell ^_^

I've been keeping my 4Seven's 123 MiniX in my top pants pocket since I got it last week and luckily I had it because it helped me find my car keys in my trash can this morning (truly the last place I looked after two hours).

As of 15:30 CST I have not yet needed a light today.

That doesn't mean for anything at all that I don't HAVE one in my pocket!

Got my Quark 123 in there.

PBJS

Flashaholic

Used my Rexlight to check out the broken extension spring on my garage door. Not sure if I'm up to trying to change it by myself.

To find a flight attendant's dropped earring in the front cabin of a United 757. Actually, that was last week but it was the last time I used the light....JIL CR2

Quark 123. One level up from moonlight. To fill up three plastic drums with soap.

Then to BLOW AWAY my cousin and his friend in Turbo mode! This thing makes my Fenix P2D look sick!

PBJS

Used my old Dorcy 3-LED, single-AA light I keep by the home-phone to walk around late at night in my apartment. (Without disturbing loved ones.)
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Used my PC100C2 to look in our tractor trailer we use at work to move product between different buildings for a part that didn't end up were it was supposed to. Thought it may have fell off the skid in the trailer. The dock light doesn't provide very much illumination. The EagleTac lit up the trailer floor like no tomorrow. Turns out the part was still hanging in our paint department...someone forgot to ship it. Got to use my light so I didn't care.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

I have to get up early nowadays for my current job assignment (as a consultant this changes now and then). I used my Olight i3 on low this morning to get my clothes and other stuff from the bedroom closet whilst my girlfriend was still sleeping. It makes me appreciate the low-low on some of my lights even more.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

I walked my dog with my Quark AA last night.

Turned it down to moonlight so Ollie could make a "deposit" on my neighbor's lawn without being noticed (I pick up anyways). Funny how they like to go in the same spot all the time. On the way back, I heard some rustling in the woods so I tightened the bezel down and see 4 sets of eyes, lit-up like reflectors, staring back at me. I start running in place, stamping my feet, and they scatter. Fracking deer... I hate deer. Always want to let Ollie loose after them, but I know that'll mean one long clean-up job.

Actually this is typical flashlight use for me.

Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    Last night as we were getting ready for bed, my wife asked me for my flashlight. I keep my SWM V10R Anniversary Edition by me bed at night for it's low low, but my wife also has warm white Xeno E03 on her side for her own night time use. She was already in bed and said she couldn't reach hers, so I handed her the V10R AE. She turns it on, then I see it seem to go on and off as shadows jump around wildly, and I hear a thumping sound. She then turns it off and hands it back to me. I ask her what was up, she said the saw a bug on the floor and used my flashlight to kill it.
    TOO FUNNY! and she is very brave~
    "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

I have twin 3.5 year olds, who are just getting over colds. Nights have been rough to say the least. Ever since they were born I have been using flashlights to help tend to them, rather than using hall and room lights. Before I heard of this forum and obsession, I used a Coast flashlight that I purchase specifically for its red LED ( along with white ones ) so that I wouldn't ruin my night vision when stumbling back to bed. I still have that light... my wife uses it now. I use my LD10 with a red filter to do that same duty, and used it as recently as last night.

^^ you should consider getting a flashlight with a moonlight mode... no need to carry any extra parts, or waste battery power.

Quote Originally Posted by smarkum View Post
    TOO FUNNY! and she is very brave~
    Yep, she's a keeper

Yeah, I will eventually. However I have a rechargeable AA in the light and I use it on medium power with the filter. I am not concerned about wasted power, and the filter stays nice and snug there, all the time.

sorry, double post

I had to cross a busy four lane street where there was no traffic light or anything to stop or alert drivers of the crosswalk except for a little sign. I used my Preon 2 on 160 lumen strobe to show drivers where I was and the slowed and stopped so I could cross. Made me feel much safer

Page 62 of 155 FirstFirst ... 125255565758596061626364656667686972112 ... LastLast