ArmyTek
Page 70 of 153 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475767780120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4571

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Im a night owl so i use my G2 light every night as i move around the house so i dont have to turn lights on and off constantly and wake others.
    Last night i used my cheap redline(hate this light)when it got to dark while finishing up installing some wheel bearings.

I started a thread yesterday asking if anyone had forgot there flashlight when they really needed it because i forgot mine ,so today i made sure i had my HDS Rotary 200 with me
    .The work i couldn't finish last night was easily finished tonight,so my customer has a nice new entrance to there shop which they will see for themselves tomorow morning.

Flashaholic

Spider eyes. I've read about them and the other night while on a walk with my daughter we saw a bunch of them. Used my Zebralight SC31.

Went to the drive in with the kids to watch "The Lorax". Met some friends there and showed them some lights (SC600 & SWM V10A). Used the lights to setup camp chairs and organise snacks. Also to check on the kids as they were lined up in the back of my friend's pickup truck watching the movie.

Cheers
    Last edited by Samy; 04-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Checked the car tires early in the morning with my Preon 1.

Flashaholic

Used my XT-11 to melt a hole in my ice creams Magic Shell and put a Maraschino Cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by dajab77 View Post

Spider eyes.

I've read about them and the other night while on a walk with my daughter we saw a bunch of them.
    Yep !

Their beady little eyes glow BRIGHTLY, like tiny EMERALDS !

I've often been AMAZED at how many spiders I can spot at night.

And then, I realized . . . .

That's just the spiders which happen to be Facing in My Direction ! ! !

By the way . . . .

A Moth has eyes which glow Brilliant Red, like tiny RUBIES !

Amazing.

By chance I had my TK35 with me while visiting a friend. After dark he heard noises he didn't recognize, so we decided to look down from his balcony what was going on.
    It turned out to be his neighbors looking for their 9 week old black Labrador puppy who wandered off. I turned my TK35 on high, and lit up the place until they found that puppy, sleeping in a bush. I bet she never knew that this little fun stray in the back yard and following nap in a nice bush stirred almost half the block.

No word about the flashlight, btw. Just a sincere "Thank you." Works for me.

About the spider eyes:
    I tried this last summer with my TK15, but the spiders here in Europe don't have these 'glowing' eyes... Pity.
    Last edited by Richub; 04-11-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

Gifted an older litexpress 2xCR123 aluminum (3 mode + flashing mode anodized mil green) light to my GFs 9yo nephew. Watched him play around with it outside, comparing modes to lights of mine. Taught him about beam shape, spill, throw, lumens,

I had my Ren & Stimpy moment today ( you iidiioottt!!! ). I decided, starting today, that I was going to clean and lube a random pair of flashlights over the next few days (Spring cleaning, if you will). Out comes the Malkoff EMS Md2 and Ra Twisty 100 hi-cri from my Maxpedition bag where I noticed the MD2 was a little dirty and a nice bath would do the trick to clean her right up. Down in the soapy water it went and after scrubbing the body for a minute or so my pinky finger made a startling discovery on the head....THERE IS NO FREAKING LENS!!!! After 10 seconds of yelling, similar to Gale in Raising Arizona after losing the baby, I jerked the light from the water and took it outside to dry. After 30min. the light came on and everyting was fine (didn't realize it was potted).

As of this moment I am sitting here cleaning the threads on the Twisty. And yes, I did check for the lens .
    "Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."-Thulsa Doom PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR; list of lights.

Quote Originally Posted by fisk-king View Post
    I had my Ren & Stimpy moment today ( you iidiioottt!!! ). I decided, starting today, that I was going to clean and lube a random pair of flashlights over the next few days (Spring cleaning, if you will). Out comes the Malkoff EMS Md2 and Ra Twisty 100 hi-cri from my Maxpedition bag where I noticed the MD2 was a little dirty and a nice bath would do the trick to clean her right up. Down in the soapy water it went and after scrubbing the body for a minute or so my pinky finger made a startling discovery on the head....THERE IS NO FREAKING LENS!!!! After 10 seconds of yelling, similar to Gale in Raising Arizona after losing the baby, I jerked the light from the water and took it outside to dry. After 30min. the light came on and everyting was fine (didn't realize it was potted).

As of this moment I am sitting here cleaning the threads on the Twisty. And yes, I did check for the lens .
    You didn't realize . . . or you forgot?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I forgot.
    "Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."-Thulsa Doom PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR; list of lights.

Quote Originally Posted by fisk-king View Post
    I forgot.
    Happens to all of us. How's the MD2 holding up since the dunking.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Very well. No problems at all so far.

Bored as heck right now (on night shift babysitting the plant, alone) so I went outside the plant to *play* with some of the lights I have on me:

Ra Twisty 100 hi-cri
    LF2xT
    Mako flood

I guess I'll watch another movie (watched Children of Men earlier and it was pretty good) to pass the time.

Sat in the Walmart tire center waiting for a hole to be patched. Turned my E01 on and off a few times. Looked at the ceiling a bit. Good times. Good times.

I used my Sunwayman V10A to light up my daughter's scorpion tank:

cheers

I was fixing the PC of my friend's dad, and that house has a big cellar without any decent lighting in there.

As I told him I had a flashlight hobby, my friend's dad immediately asked if I had any lights with me. Yes Sir: My Fenix TK15. PD31 and E05.
    So while I was fixing that PC, my friend and his dad finally were able to get a decent lighting in that cellar using my TK15 and PD31.

They were already planning to do so for quite some time, but neither of them had a decent walklight or flashlight, so they kept postponing it. Now they finally have decent lighting in there.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

Used my Fenix LD10 as a bike light.

I use my daily, or should I say nightly when I 'walk around' the aircraft before and after our flights.

used mine to get my dogs attention .....strobe mode !
    If if's and butt's was bolts and nuts we would all have hardware.

I used my TN11 to get a teenage girl to stop videotaping a private property with a cellphone camera without authorization.

She standing a few meters away from me when I told her to stop, but either she didn't hear or was ignoring me. I waited until she and her camera was facing towards me and blasted her and her camera with my TN11.

The scream and pained expression on her face as she turned away was... Priceless.

I blinded a co-worker with my XM-L
    My Lights -- Olight S20 Baton XM-L 470 Lumens
    Olight M20 Warrior 2010 320 Lumens
    Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme 4W 120 Lumen 3C,
    Fenix E-15

I used my Surefire Minimus to replace the PRAM battery in my computer.

Used my Dorcy 2AA LED light w/ fish-eye optic to check inside a loaf of bread. I was making sandwiches and found a long, wide, hole inside the loaf. (Hate that. Makes it nearly useless for making small sandwiches.) Anyway, hole went on longer than expected. Used the light to check to see how long it went on. Sure is great spending money to buy an air-bubble with a thin crust around it.

Multimode P7 Maglite - Used (last night) to illuminate bathroom (in candle mode) as the light socket had become old, fragile and had eventually broken.
    Last edited by M@elstrom; 04-19-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

Used my Quark MiniX to help out the appliance repair guy that came to fix my fridge. He did have an old Maglite Mini Mag on his belt, but didn't bother to pull it out with all the XM-L photons my MiniX was producing
    Be a Light In the Universe

Flashaholic

Just got done jumping out the 2nd floor window with a hefty cinch sak parachute. I skinned my knee.

USSOCOM command night parachute training with my XT-11 clipped to my sling.

Just floated down onto the lawn holding the cinch sak strings.

Neighbors feral cat chased me down and I had to abort the landing.

Yes I was wearing my pillow helmet.

Yes it saved my life.

Will solo jump again right after I finish owning this peanut buster parfait.

to walk my dog last night, so i dont get runned over by a car... lol

I went to visit a friend yesterday, and we went for an evening walk with his dog.

Suddenly he asked me if I had a flashlight on me. Yes, ofcourse.
    There were a few bunkers from the second world war nearby he wanted to explore.

So we visited those bunkers, and my Fenix TK15 and PD31 did a nice job lighting our way in there.

Page 70 of 153 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475767780120 ... LastLast