Gear to help you conquer!
Page 71 of 159 FirstFirst ... 216164656667686970717273747576777881121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4757

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Quote Originally Posted by Richub View Post
    I went to visit a friend yesterday, and we went for an evening walk with his dog.

Suddenly he asked me if I had a flashlight on me. Yes, ofcourse.
    There were a few bunkers from the second world war nearby he wanted to explore.

So we visited those bunkers, and my Fenix TK15 and PD31 did a nice job lighting our way in there.
    That is very cool!

Cheers

Used a Mule Ti Pd to charge up the lume on my Seriko Spork...
    SF M6-R85 M3 G2D FYL G2ZL E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    (My Collection)

Used the Fenix MC10 to distract my niece while feeding her. Poor little girl is sick and doesn't want to eat or drink anything...
    It worked!
    Then it comes to be that the soothing light
    At the end of your tunnel
    Was just a FREIGHT TRAIN coming your way...

I was on a bushcraft course this weekend. I used my ZL H51Fw as a headlamp most of the time. The nice floody output made it very easy to do chores in the dark or walk through the muddy and uneven camp field and bush. In my tent and around it I used my Petzl Tikka Plus 2 headlamp for the red LED to maintain some of my nightvision as I had a great view on a moonlit river from my tent.

As a backup and more throwy light I used my Olight T10. The instructor carried the newer T10 version with him (which I also own). He also sells gear and tests it before selling. He hadn't found out about the lower settings than the high one yet, so I could show it to him. A few people were interested in my H51Fw, because they were discussing the headlamps they were using and told each other that one of the cons is that it is not really usable as another means of light (ie hand-held flashlight).

During the day I used my iTP A3 EOS upgrade to look into serveral animal made holes we found in the tracking part of the course.

We also talked about lights and other cool gear to use during bushcraft trips. I had a lot of fun and I got to use some of my lovely lights in the process.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Thumbs up Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

OK it was broad daylight and I was inside a grocery store at the deli/meat counter display case. I spotted a tasty looking burger smothered in mushrooms and lit it up with my L10A on high. It spotlighted the selection beautifully. The butcher appreciated it, apparently he's spent the last 30 years initially reaching for the wrong burger.LOL Last night while attending an event a lady at the table left to go home. I noticed she was looking about to see if she left anything under the table in low light conditions. I proudly fired up the L10A and all was well.
    Last edited by tsask; 04-23-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Tried to repair damage on my Solarforce L2. Its internals survived the 1m drop onto a tile floor, but bezel was dented and custom recessed ring got stuck. After 15 minutes of careful hammer work (over a sturdy plastic film), damage is almost invisible. Nevertheless, I hate when that happens...

I finished putting my tricky swimming pool filter together with my Jetbeam RRT-1 between my teeth.

Cleared out some stuff in the basement and used my LX2 to look into different bags and boxes. We had a lot of useful (just not to us) stuff lying around so I drove it to a second-hand store which is run by an organisation that funds cancer research and prevention. I prefer to think of it this way: my LX2 has helped cure cancer
    Fenix LD01 (XP-E R2), Fenix LD20 (XR-E Q5), Olight M20S (XP-G R5), Jetbeam RRT-0 (XP-G R5), Maelstrom G5 (XP-G R5), Maelstrom X7 (XM-L T6), Wolf-Eyes Krait (XM-L T6), Mag 4D/6D (incan), Mini Mag 2AA (incan), Photon Proton Pro UV, Mammut Lucido TXlite

My GF was cleaning the oven and complained about not being able to see the dirt. She said "go get one of your flashlights", so I got out my TK41. I love this photon cannon.
    Fenix LD01 (XP-E R2), Fenix LD20 (XR-E Q5), Olight M20S (XP-G R5), Jetbeam RRT-0 (XP-G R5), Maelstrom G5 (XP-G R5), Maelstrom X7 (XM-L T6), Wolf-Eyes Krait (XM-L T6), Mag 4D/6D (incan), Mini Mag 2AA (incan), Photon Proton Pro UV, Mammut Lucido TXlite

Last night my friend and I went back for a nightwalk to the bunkers I visited last week. My friend brought a few family members and their friends with him. Besides my friend, nobody knew I'm a flashaholic.

So we arrived at 9.30 PM, and they all started to compare their flashlights, especially the younger people. What they had ranged from some budget store multiple Nichia lights to Maglites, all of them LED lights.
    I have to say, they were pretty well prepared. I brought my Fenix TK35, PD31, TK15, E15 and E05 with me.

While they were comparing their lights, I kept a bit to the side. After a while they asked if I had a light on me. So I showed my E15, and they all just giggled. Well, I was the one smiling when I turned it on. That tiny E15 blew all of their lights away. There was some serious jaw dropping there at that moment, LOL.

Halfway through the first bunker I sneakily grabbed my TK35 on turbo and lit up the place like daylight. That initiated a second round of jaw dropping.
    I had to laugh really hard at one comment a teenaged boy in our group gave me: "How can a boring fat guy like him have such cool lights?" Which made me show the other lights to them. They were just awestruck.

That young man also had a good lesson in how looks can be deceiving. After I told him I was into computers as well, he started to appreciate me even more. He just couldn't grasp that a 45 year old man could be really interested in computers and gadgets. To him, all 40+ people were just dull and boring.

All in all, this night was a huge success, and I had good reason to show off my lights for once.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

Hello I'm new to the forum and just wanted to chime in on the topic. I used my sunwayman v10r tail stood as a angle during a power outage tonight . With the light bouncing off the ceiling it was more than enough to cover the small room.

Unenlightened

Used my PD20 to look into the nozzel of my mini bellows to see what was clogging it...in blinding sunlight. Had a charcoal grill out by the lake and was trying to get the coals blazing but the bellows were clogged. A long nail laying around did the trick.
    CPF....where wallets come to die

White wall hunting. My...precious...

Flashaholic*

Used a ZL H3 and SC600 to replace the defrost thermostat in the refrigerator. While it wasn't the darkest space to work in, the lights really came in handy.

I was at my mother-in-law yesterday. Her newly bought house further down the road is under (re)construction, but she had some old stuff lying around to bring to one of her children. Currently there is no lighting in there, so when we got there in the evening we couldn't see all details. I pulled out my Olight T20 on high and nicely lit up the whole living room. The light was appreciated.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Enlightened liveris flashlights's Avatar

I used my new olight M20-X with side switch at a hotel basement without any lights, trying to find out the tv cables. Excellent work!!!
    Be prepared for darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Richub View Post
    Last night my friend and I went back for a nightwalk to the bunkers I visited last week. My friend brought a few family members and their friends with him. Besides my friend, nobody knew I'm a flashaholic.

So we arrived at 9.30 PM, and they all started to compare their flashlights, especially the younger people. What they had ranged from some budget store multiple Nichia lights to Maglites, all of them LED lights.
    I have to say, they were pretty well prepared. I brought my Fenix TK35, PD31, TK15, E15 and E05 with me.

While they were comparing their lights, I kept a bit to the side. After a while they asked if I had a light on me. So I showed my E15, and they all just giggled. Well, I was the one smiling when I turned it on. That tiny E15 blew all of their lights away. There was some serious jaw dropping there at that moment, LOL.

Halfway through the first bunker I sneakily grabbed my TK35 on turbo and lit up the place like daylight. That initiated a second round of jaw dropping.
    I had to laugh really hard at one comment a teenaged boy in our group gave me: "How can a boring fat guy like him have such cool lights?" Which made me show the other lights to them. They were just awestruck.

That young man also had a good lesson in how looks can be deceiving. After I told him I was into computers as well, he started to appreciate me even more. He just couldn't grasp that a 45 year old man could be really interested in computers and gadgets. To him, all 40+ people were just dull and boring.

All in all, this night was a huge success, and I had good reason to show off my lights for once.
    That must have been so satisfying! Those kind of occasions are so rare but delicious when they come. :-)

I used mine today to look for a hydro. leak under the cab of a pelican street sweeper.

I used mine to Inspect the damage to my rear brake disc after the wheel sheared off my car...

Good to hear that you weren't injured.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Cheers. I'd just done 600km over mountains, offroad and all over all sorts of terrain, then the damn thing came off as I left the pub after having dinner! There's an uncountable number of places it could have come off and it would have resulted in carnage, death doom and destruction.

Flashaholic

Did what I'm sure lot's of us may do. I used my light to check under/behind furniture for spiders and their webs, whilst vacuum cleaning the house today. Found just two. They are OK, caught them and took them outside. Yes I do vacuum, I am a modern man. But, more importantly, it's also a good excuse to use a flashlight during the day!.
    186,232 miles per second. The speed of the light from all our flashlights.

Just received my light back from J.Hanko. It is stunning. Pics were taken by Jhanko.

He also gave the light a bath since it was filthy from EDC for almost 2 years.
    Job well done Mr. Hanko.
    "Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."-Thulsa Doom PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR; list of lights.

Flashaholic*

The piston looks simply awesome, very new and refreshing trit placement... but what did you use the light for?

Causing me jealousy and envy of his light. That's what he used it for.
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Flashaholic

I think maybe he used it for wasting time, staring and drooling. I think perhaps we all did for a few moments. Super looking light.
    186,232 miles per second. The speed of the light from all our flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by JemR View Post
    I think maybe he used it for wasting time, staring and drooling. I think perhaps we all did for a few moments. Super looking light.
    Thats about it. Been fondling her for quite a few hours.
    Last edited by fisk-king; 05-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    "Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."-Thulsa Doom PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR; list of lights.

My wife was attempting to do an architectural drawing at the kitchen table last night and the lighting is not ideal for that sort of thing. I walked up behind her and fired up my Quark MiniX 123 to light up her drawing. Her reply was, "holy crap!... Don't move!"

Quote Originally Posted by JemR View Post
    . . . Yes I do vacuum, I am a modern man.
    You poor man. That's alright. I'm sure you'll find a wife soon enough. A good accessory to have. They do come in handy.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I had to make a delivery to a customer after dark yesterday. After I got out of the car, holding the carton and mobile eftpos machine and flashlight (Zebralight SC600) my hands were full. I navigated my way across the dark driveway to the front door dodging items and shrubs - thank goodness for my flashlight or I would have ended up on the ground face first! I made it to the door, knocked on the door and the customer greeted me and switched on the porch light. The light was blown so there was no light near the door, we were still in the dark. No matter I said and turned the SC600 on max then tailstanded it on the floor. The whole porch lit up like daylight and the customer said "holy crap! Nice light" I was then able to get the signature and be on my way.

Cheers

Page 71 of 159 FirstFirst ... 216164656667686970717273747576777881121 ... LastLast