Uniqe Titanium
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4365

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Flashaholic

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Found lost iPhone of patron to outdoor music festival where I work part time. She was very relieved to say the least.

7:28 pm, 79°F , still to bright! Must temporarily turn off Sun!
    Need dreary winter evenings!

The past week and the weekend were a real nice flashlight week. Last week my Elzetta Alpha (model A113), HDS LE 200 and Prometheus Beta-QR EN arrived. Each of them is a beautiful light.

My girlfriend has an American friend visiting over here. He told her you can never have enough lights while getting some lights from his suitcase, although she thought he uses pretty mundane ones (at least she's starting to learn ). I might get a chance to train him this week and then sent him back as a true flashaholic (and next time he might be able to take a few nice lights along for me)
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Flashaholic

You've got some alignment issues man. The wear markers are clearly visible on the outside of the tread, yet non-existent on the inside. From the pics it appears to have exposed the steel belt, and as you've found out this severely weakens the structural integrity of the tire.

Is the vehicle on an aftermarket suspension, lowered or been in an accident??

If I were you I'd get an alignment when you replace the tires, as to not tear through another set.

My .02
    Yeah..I know it's an alignment issue. Everything is stock, I already had the alignment fixed, and replaced all 4!
    Powers been flashing here alot tonight due to thunderstorms, wish it would stay out so I can use my lights
    Last edited by RCM; 07-21-2014 at 08:06 PM.

12 Midnight trash run...Life of a 3rd shift worker...Used TK 15 s2 at about 25-30yards to illuminate a back parking lot area in pitch black conditions... Smartphone camera had some difficulty focusing but shows 400lms of collimated power on target...

Enlightened

I use my Peak Eiger to check electrical wires on air handlers for hvac units. I also use it to check all the door locks and make my way to the fridge at night before bed.

Enlightened

A couple nights a go, my sibling got stuck on our way home from vacation on the NJ turnpike. I was 1 exit ahead so I circled back to help them out and take some passengers. The whole vacation my inlaws joked that I carry too many lights with me for no reason, even in daylight. even when in bright sunlight and on a boat on the water. Luckily I had my Klarus ST11 on my person. I keep the CH11 charger and a usb car charger for accessories so it's always full charge. I had 2 budget lights and I set one on SOS facing the woods on the side so people could see we were there but without blinding on coming traffic.

I used the ST11 on second highest setting to look under the car, peel off some plastic and determine the huge leak they had from their radiator. We waited for the port authority to tow it. When the guy got there he pulled out a tiny 3AAA triple LED walmart special that was maybe 50-100 lumens and he literally took a step back when he saw mine on high 900 Lumen to help get the hitch around the wheels.

I am going to ask in the suggest me a light section, but my siblings were so unprepared it shocked me. Even having THREE lights didnt seem like enough for me. I am going to make a post about looking for some sort of LED AAA or AA triangles for road hazard. Something longer lasting than 30 minute flares or just the reflective ones.

Glad I did have 3 lights on me, and glad we could get off the side of the road as quickly as we could with trucks doing 80mph !

Thank you for that story, and I'm glad you guys were safe! This, along with the other thread about car EDC, is making me interested in buying some road triangles to go along with what I normally carry.

I need to replace some lights in the kitchen of my apartment, but in the meantime I used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to cook dinner last night. I could have gotten by without it, but it made things much easier to see.

While leaving my in-laws house a couple days ago it was also pitch-black outside, so we used my Fenix PD32UE to light up the whole driveway and make it easy to navigate to our cars. There are a lot of deer in the area so it is nice to see what is in front of you (they often wander around the property).

I accidentally dropped a dollar bill in a hotel trashcan while waiting for the elevator, so I used my PD32UE to illuminate the can's insides and retrieve the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    I accidentally dropped a dollar bill in a hotel trashcan while waiting for the elevator, so I used my PD32UE to illuminate the can's insides and retrieve the cash.
    What, no tip for the trash guy. LOL.

Bill

Lol the number of stories involving trash is uncanny!
    Tk75vnkt*TK61vn-Tcr10vn*Tcr2vn-C20cvn*V11Rvn*V25cvn*D40avn-D25cvn*S200cvn*MX25L3vn-Mm15vn-X60vn*K40mvn-Hc90vn-Sd6vn

Used my Eagletac P10A to check the lobby I work at for miniature centipedes.

Saw them at work two weeks ago, now they're back. Mainly harmless. But annoying.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic

As of now nothing...lol
    Let no mans ghost say his training let him down.
    Be Safe.

I was walking tonight with my significant other in an open area without any light and was using my Zebralight h51fw and Malkoff m61n to light up where we were walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmack View Post
    Lol the number of stories involving trash is uncanny!
    Hey Now! I like making my late night/early morning dumpster runs!
    Probably the only time I get to play with my Tac-lights! LOL....

Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146