SunwayLED        
Page 251 of 256 FirstFirst ... 151201241244245246247248249250251252253254255256 LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,530 of 7657

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    That pd35 has seen some use over the years! That is certainly what i call good bang for buck. Classic light.......................a bench mark(was it 2013 the 1st edition?) for many an 18650 light.
    Yep! I've been very happy with it. This little firecracker of a light is everything I need. Low power for reading fine print, medium power for walking around in dark areas, and crazy bright for it's size when I need it. I've received numerous compliments about it as well as a few astonished looks over the years.

Used my HDS EDC Ultimate 60XR today to navigate dark hallways at work... still runs like a champ

OT, I know, but what brand is that sterile watch?

Bill

I used the HDS to get around the house at my parent's place when I was awakened at about 4am. when I heard a bump in the night. It was nothing, but when you're in a house you don't know.........
    So what light is that at the end of the tunnel?
    Tex.Proud on IG
    KG5TNK

Tex, good to see you

Thanye' Sir!
    Tex.Proud on IG
    KG5TNK

Quote Originally Posted by tex.proud View Post
    Thanye' Sir!
    Unless you have been reading behind scenes for weeks, you have a lot of catching up to do in the HDS thread/s. Ti run, various LED options, Hogo has been working his butt off behind the scenes................more specials to come. I know you love your HDS, there is no better time for HDS lovers right now(well in 6m maybe when the ti start to get shipped................)

Hope your good, your HAM stuff looks super cool

Good to know! I haven't been around in a while. Sounds like I've missed a bit. I'll keep my eyes open.
    Tex.Proud on IG
    KG5TNK

I bought a kit online to try to flatten out a dent on my car. It arrived today but I didn't get a chance to try it out until after dark. My Armytek Wizard Pro Warm was great for the job. However, it didn't turn out amazing. I think it's better than it was before though, so hopefully tomorrow it will look good in daylight haha. It did seem to look a bit better later on as I was cleaning up and I lit it up with my Fenix TK09. Maybe it is easier to find imperfections in the surface with a headlamp. Not sure.

I was walking around the grounds at a special event where there were lots of cables strewn around the ground. My PD35 kept me from tripping over any of them.

^^ Tripping over stuff sucks.

About 6 weeks ago a coworker gave me a V8 energy drink. Man that thing was tastey. But ten minutes later my hands were shaking and I felt light headed. Wuthuh?

An hour later all was ok. I dismissed it as a fluke. Next day my hands began shaking and again I felt light headed, but for no apparent reason. The episode lasted a couple of hours. Day three then 4, same thing. Meanwhile my heart felt like I'd been running.

I went to a dox in the box who said "got us, you're fine". "But go to the ER".... again they said "you're fine". For the next week it got worse and worse, to the point it was dangerous to drive. My doctor said "got me, you check out normal".... then he said see a heart doctor. That guy gave me a radio powered ekg device to wear for a month.

A few days later he calls to tell me come in asap. So I did. It turns out my heart was having spasms. But why? We looked at the episodes. Coffee and heat seemed to be the culprit. That and my blood pressure medicine. He switched it out and all returned to normal. In the meantime he said no over taxing my system for a few weeks.

Boredom has set in. So I'm finding reasons to use a flashlight instead of doing yard work. Ugh!

I switched to decaf coffee, drink liquids continuously and vape instead of smoking. In the meantime I'm using my flashlights to peak under furniture, aim at the ceiling fans, light up the crevices of my vape device while taking it apart, used to peak inside of ordinary household items I'm taking apart to clean like the vacuum, the toaster... the fish tank filter system, what ever I can devise to relieve boredom while not at work. And being I have hundreds to pick from I wipe the dust off of some and clean those too. Then use that one to peak inside of others.

One more week on the monitor, but 3 weeks of being ok. Doc says it wasn't life threatening, but man it was scarey walking around a construction site with tunnel vision and dizzy spells.

So another weekend of boredom was passed by using a multitude of different flashlights. So there is that. And my body has learned to appreciate fruit juice instead of caffiene in the morning.

Now I need to top up some lights and purchase fresh batteries for others, yet it sure is fun being a flashaholic during the down times.
    John 3:16

I'm glad you're doing better!

Yes glad better Mike, scary stuff for sure. Welcome to the vape world.......................I can see that being up your street tbh, swapping out coils of different ohm's. Making own juice to the perfect taste etc(maybe down the line). Tanks, mods, all can become addictive too.

Well, I have no intentions of becoming a vapaholic.
    Basically each toke makes me choke and tastes awful. But it eases the urge to smoke, which I really want to stop without my wife filing for divorce because I've become so evil and angry.
    I quit once before and became a fat monster so I started back some 20 years ago.

Another thing that helps is decaf coffee because the caffiene causes nicotine cravings. And for the worst of times I take a toke off my Fenix EO1.

The closed tailcap end means no toking spent lithium fumes.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-23-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Glad you're feeling better! I'm sure that was not fun.

Glad you're feeling better bykfixer. Thank goodness for modern technology. Oh, and flashlights.

Yeah PW, I'd had several ekg's done at facilities and they always showed normal. Modern tech and modern medicine is awesome.

Another issue was slight de-hydration. It seems that if you wait until thirsty gulping liquid is like pouring water on sun baked soil. Not much soaks in. That also contributed to the issue.

And so the radio controlled device finally pointed out the issue, and armed with gatorade type pills by a company called NUUN in my water, smoking about 75% less, no longer trying to just tough out the heat and enjoying coffee without the diaretic effects it seems I'll live long enough to pay down my balance from all those flashlights I bought in 2016.

In the meantime each week I change out 3 volt lithium AA size cells in the radio at 25% life left. So I'm accumulating a few batteries that can fire my M61W in a 2aa Rayovac Indestructable. And by vaping I'm helping push rechargeable technology forward for flashlight use.

Sigh.... but I'm so bored.... now I'm aiming incan Maglites at the ceiling fan checking for PWM.....

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Sigh.... but I'm so bored.... now I'm aiming incan Maglites at the ceiling fan checking for PWM.....
    Now THAT'S bored! I guess you could PWM an incandescent, but it would have to be really, really slow.

How have we never discussed this hidden E01 feature folks??!!! The E01 can be used as an aid to quit smoking! Glad you're feeling better brother. Here's to your health.
    By the way I've been using my E01 to cure boredom as well. Dremeling and sanding just for giggles. I have him tail standing on the desk while I type this out in a dark room. Used it to navigate downstairs to get more water, check on the kids, and have been fidgeting with it all day. E01 for President!
    Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on FlickrQUOTE=bykfixer;5227412]Well, I have no intentions of becoming a vapaholic.
    Basically each toke makes me choke and tastes awful. But it eases the urge to smoke, which I really want to stop without my wife filing for divorce because I've become so evil and angry.
    I quit once before and became a fat monster so I started back some 20 years ago.

Another thing that helps is decaf coffee because the caffiene causes nicotine cravings. And for the worst of times I take a toke off my Fenix EO1.

The closed tailcap end means no toking spent lithium fumes. [/QUOTE]

Have been using my Fenix TK09 lately to check on the water around the house and to check on the sump pumps. We desperately need to get the ground regraded on one side of the house (which should happen soon), but in the meantime I'm trying to keep an eye on things.

All these around caravan and walks at night

Rainy night to

Bit of candle mode chill out to

Boooooooones!!!

1st grin of the night thanks to mr fixer, over an hour of fighting with the ps4(some kind of corruption with HD plugged in, hoping safe mode and latest software minus HD plugged in will = another grin!)

I was fighting a hotel dvd player. Sometimes I stay overnight in a suite for my job. The place has a movie player in the bedroom but I wanted to watch 'A Bridge Too Far' and nap on the sofa. Got out the E01 and found the jacks behind the giant flat screen. Plugged in the cables according to the color code. No picture, no sound. Hmmmm.

Turns out someone had plugged them to the wrong color'd jacks on the player.

Watched the first ten minutes and next thing I knew the end credits were scrolling up the screen.
    Mission accomplished.
    Now I colored the dome of the EO1 orange to get a neutral-ish look from it. It alters colors some, but not enough to confuse a yellow jack with a white one. But whomever plugged the cords to the player.... hmmm.

It's possible the person who ran the cords to the player was either color blind or didn't understand what the colors meant.

In general -

Yellow - composite (analog) SD video
    White - left channel (analog) audio
    Red - right channel (analog) audio
    Black - Toslink digital audio

The RGB RCA connectors denote analog YPbPr HD video

Unenlightened

I used my Quark 123^2 Turbo to catch a HUGE spider on my bed last night.

I used my PD35 to examine a damaged ethernet jack in an unlit equipment closet.

I used my fenix cl25r all night long without realising (till i woke lol). It had been used a few times in the week, 10-15m a night type. Cell voltage this morning was 3.45v. Its used on the 2nd level(from low) for a nice ambient light of around 4000k.

Used my maglite pro+ to make shadows and amuse my 18 month old boy

That's really cool.

Page 251 of 256 FirstFirst ... 151201241244245246247248249250251252253254255256 LastLast