Night Owl Gear – Brighter is Better
Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160163164165166167168169170
Results 5,071 to 5,100 of 5100

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

"Across the street, on the main roadway...At range of about 25 yards....Aimed into my apartment buildings backside parking lot...It lit up the whole back parking area, a forclosed buildings garage, and part of my apartment building! It would gave my Olight m22 warrior a serious run for its money by shear volume of light alone! Had to stop testing to avoid a police intervention for a **suspiciously bright light** ...Great recommendation! It will be my EDC light from now on...."

Last night I used my Klarus XT11 to find the cat who was out in the dark way past her bedtime! I knew she was out because I’d just put her out so I could find her with my Klarus. She didn't want to play and just sat on the trash near the back door so I went off to look for her anyway!
    Last edited by Whiskers; 04-12-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Used my Olight R20, when I walked the dog. Summertime is no fun time, when you're into flashlights.
    Latest review(s): Fenix LD75C - Olight M2X-UT - Olight H35

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Used my Olight R20, when I walked the dog. Summertime is no fun time, when you're into flashlights.
    +1 kj2,i feel your pain....................

Took out the trash at my parents' house, so of course I used the Fenix PD35vn triple XPL (my EDC). I kept it turned down fairly low to try to not attract too much attention.

"Don't laugh...I was stopped by Local Law Enforcement (twice) in 2014 walking from my car in my buildings parking to the main rd. ...It was 9pm at night, and the security motion light for the building was dead...I was carrying groceries, and I used my emergency 3 aaa, HD /Coast px25 225 lm flashlight....Local p/d had stopped me because my light was *was suspiciously bright *? Whatever that means....Didn't want to push the issue with a rogue p/o. ...As you can see by all the negative civilian police shootings here in the USA....My life matters!!!"
    Last edited by groutboy_1; 04-12-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by groutboy_1 View Post
    "Don't laugh...I was stopped by Local Law Enforcement (twice) in 2014 walking from my car in my buildings parking to the main rd. ...It was 9pm at night, and the security motion light for the building was dead...I was carrying groceries, and I used my emergency 3 aaa, HD /Coast px25 225 lm flashlight....Local p/d had stopped me because my light was *was suspiciously bright *? Whatever that means....Didn't want to push the issue with a rogue p/o. ...As you can see by all the negative civilian police shootings here in the USA....My life matters!!!"
    Stopped by coppers because your bright flashlight was too bright? What did they think you were doing? Flashing?

Quote Originally Posted by groutboy_1 View Post
    Unfortunately these days carrying things like a bright flashlight or a knife is immediately assumed that it is intended to be used for nefarious reasons, especially if there is some "tactical" look to it. It seems we're becoming more of a society of guilty until proven innocent in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
    Stopped by coppers because your bright flashlight was too bright? What did they think you were doing? Flashing?
    Maybe they thought it was a muzzle blast from a gun that lasted a REALLY long time.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Berneck1 View Post
    Unfortunately these days carrying things like a bright flashlight or a knife is immediately assumed that it is intended to be used for nefarious reasons, especially if there is some "tactical" look to it. It seems we're becoming more of a society of guilty until proven innocent in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums
    "I just like to use caution now a days...I don't normally even keep my pocket knife with me that offen....Especially, after a recent police involved shootout in town...I try to keep the brightness level down....Played with my new Fenix pd 35 2014 edition, in a safe, and lawful manner...!? Though I can't find any ordinance on the subject......"

How are you finding it groutboy, other than the clip moving a little(dab of super glue sorts that out very well) i cant fault it and wish i had bought one earlier. I was contemplating getting another i like it that much,but now the acebeam ec32 is around the corner,i will break it up a little back up for a back up for..........

"Hi Ven...You mean lining the pocket clip up with the selection switch? I moved around the body, but not loosely. ..I did line it up with the mode switch...So I can change settings fast...Though I keep it and the tk 15 on low or medium power...I also unscrew the backend switches in order to lock them our when traveling...Had the TK 15 switch get bumped, and the light came on in high...Boy did my pocket and my light sure did get hot..ouch!!! Same happened with my larger Nitecore pioneer. ...Hot! Always lock out....Safe than burned or damaged....But I really like the pd 35 2014 edtion...Quite a large volume of brilliant light....Surprised me...If this was an upgraded surefire L4 it would have cost a couple of $100 dollars....! Knowing SF..."

"Also, I though about a cheaper version of this class of lights...Was going to purchase the SUNWAYMAN P25C 1000lm type..I decided to just get the one that started it all..."

SUNWAYMAN was on sale from a vendor for $44.00...Didn't like the mode spacing....

For my needs(i know others who need a really low low)i find the mode spacing spot on!

Yes mine is aligned with switch.............before i glued it

Always lock out,in fact i made a mistake recently(or i presume unless HUGE parasitic drain) on my e25 burst.flat as a witches........so fresh loops in,locked out for next use.....

The only flashlight I notice any parasitic drain on...Would be my Mag tac 320lm ...Thought the most, was my 142lm Maglite xl50 which was famous for killing aaa batteries in a weeks time.....

Enlightened

Helped out a neighbour yesterday, my apartment's underground lighting is dim. He needed help popping his car's hood but couldn't reach for the lever, used my PD22UE to locate the lever for him
    Fenix PD35, LD22, PD22UE, LD02, E15, E05, E12. ThruNite Neutron 2C V2.

Moved some furniture home from my in-laws tonight and got home in the dark. Had to move the spare tire onto the roof rack of my Jeep and rearrange other gear in the back. So when we arrived at home I used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm for hands-free carrying of the furniture as well as putting all my gear back in place. The headlamp made the job of putting all the tiedowns away along with all the other stuff very easy.

Finally got out to the folks house in the country and brought the TN30vn. It did not let me down - visibly exceeds the output of dad's Ryobi HID spotlight but naturally lacks the throw. Lights up a bridge on the other side of the pond some ~100 meters away nicely while also producing useful spill. And out there ~100m is about all the throw you can use with the readily-available sightlines, the omnipresent humidity, dust in the air, and instantly-swarming bugs.

The bump from "high" to "turbo" isn't slap-you-in-the-face obvious, but the added detail that suddenly pops out of the background makes it apparent. I'll see about posting some photos when photobucket wants to cooperate.
    Last edited by idleprocess; 04-12-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

"Used newly acquired Fenix pd 35 *2014 edtion* 460lms, to heavily illuminate back parking lot area at resident bldg. ."

"Got nothing today...."

"Used a Battery junction LED keychain light to illuminate myself as walked across the street to my car at 9:09pm at night...."

Used my TN30 to massage my arm muscles and they feel so much better.

My 272 lumens-rated LED Mini-Mag keeps turning itself on in my back pocket. Draining the batteries. The light is definitely not regulated. Noticed yesterday that the output kept kicking down every time I switched it on. So.... Bought two brand new Duracell AA batteries and put them inside my light, just outside the store. (Doesn't solve the problem. But at least I'm good for now.)
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Yesterday I tested out the t10 CW and T10t NW ,both on medium mode,CW with an AA loop,NW with an efest IMR .

Both retain the same low,but the medium 20lm mode,well to show the difference on another thread.
    Deliberatley used the eneloop in the CW as it appears brighter(when using same cell) over NW. Just to show the difference even more....

"Temporarily took them all out of service as I cleaned and lubed them...Now, just admiring them.. Thinking if I be using any of them later on tonight...."

I used my Fenix UC 35 while setting up my diver gear for a dawn dive yesterday (actually it was 05:30) and used my Fenix SD10 during the dive....

Haven't used them yet but I'm taking my Armytek Prime A1, SF Minimus and Nitecore TM26 out tonight. Got the opportunity to do a "ghost hunt" with Brian Cano from SciFi channel's Haunted Collector. I'm sure I'll have some other pocketed just in case.....

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Sully View Post
    Haven't used them yet but I'm taking my Armytek Prime A1, SF Minimus and Nitecore TM26 out tonight. Got the opportunity to do a "ghost hunt" with Brian Cano from SciFi channel's Haunted Collector. I'm sure I'll have some other pocketed just in case.....
    Man, thats sounds like a blast! Have fun...keep your eyes open...

I went on another quick backpacking trip last night. I brought a few different lights, but I actually only really used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm. It was very helpful for keeping my hands free when purifying water late at night, putting things away at camp, etc. I also showed off a bit with the Nitecore TM06vn, but I didn't get to use it for many useful tasks.

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160163164165166167168169170