Gear to help you conquer!
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146149150151152153154155156
Results 4,651 to 4,671 of 4671

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Flashaholic

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Recreational use just now: walking outside with the dog and my daughter, using our headlamps to look at the goldfish, sasanquas and a variety of bugs. She had her Energizer headlamp and I used my Zebralight. I was jealous of her red LED's

Used a Solarforce L2P with a Nailbendet 219 and an Eagletac D25C to illuminate the grass from the second storey while my housemate mowed the lawn.

Used my Olight SR Mini to look around my yard. Quite an impressive amount of light lol....

Using my Fenix LD 41 ( 680 lumen ) . As a truck driver I go to many yards that are pitch black . I find this light very comforting in these type of situations .

Tonight I used my key chain Energizer light to chain up several fences. It came in real handy

Used my Quark QT2L-X and QPA to explain to my friends the difference between forward and reverse clicky switches.

Used my DGQ spy to fit a new battery in the "crashed" BMW boot ready to show it starting on the button to a buyer............who has let me down

Took my SR Mini out on it's first night hike at our local state park. Someone walking the other direction commented "that's a bright flashlight"...LOL!!! I had it on the LOWEST possible setting!!!

Recently had the power go out one night at home. The sudden darkness caused me to freeze for an instant, not out of fear, but rather because I couldn't decide which flashlight to use. After trying a couple I finally settled on the V5 Malkoff Wildcat with the big MT-G2 emitter. When set on low it's a great room lighter and runs forever on a pair of 18650s.

Yesterday I showed my friend my Fenix PD35vn which I EDC, and I wasn't sure how bright it would appear in the midday sun. However, he promptly shined the light directly in his eyes, so it appeared mighty bright to him without even switching to the highest mode haha.

I went on another overnight backpacking trip with my wife last night. We didn't get there until dark, so we used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to light the way on the hike to our campsite. I also used the Fenix TK75vnkt to light up some animals when we saw their eyes reflecting the light of the headlamp. We saw four deer along the way.

Unfortunately we didn't get a ton of sleep because the wind was howling like crazy for most of the night.

Used my LL Police Tech Focus on Friday night when the electric shower tripped the whole house power.
    Used it again yesterday evening when taking my tools back to the shed after installing the new shower.

Not so much what we used them for but more what we did with lights today, ok so no exactly flashlight's but I did use me HEADLAMP to install Xmas lights XD

Used my PD35 on medium to trace some phone wiring in the basement and inspect the surge suppressor.

We were on holiday last week on a sailing boat round Turkey with a group of other people. One night I dropped my 4Sevens Quark 123 under one of the beds and we couldn't reach it any longer. I first tried using the magnet on the Olight S15 tied to a length of paracord, but didn't succeed. After a lot of attempts, I used the paracord with a paperclip attached to it and with my Photon Microlight II to "fish" for it, since I figured I could catch it on the clip. Luckily it succeeded immediately.

Another night we went out for dinner in one of the ports and part of the route (along the water) was very dark. My daughter used my Olight I3, I used my Olight S15 and my girlfriend used my Foursevens Mini 123 to guide the other people on the boat to the restaurant. It was great to use my lights. I also lend out my I3 to one of our fellow travelers since they would return later from the restaurant. Upon receiving it back they told me it had been quite a useful light on the way back to the boat.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

neighbor stopped over tonight with a little problem, he was having a contractor stopping by tonight for an estimate on some brick and mortar work and was running behind schedule. he thought i might be able to help. i brought over a tk70(to much of a spot), tried my ld50(better), hit the little blue switch on a tm26-"i think that one will work". an hour latter mission accomplished. my hand was starting to get a little warm.
    it's just different on my planet..

Used my Ultrafire A10B on strobe inside one of my homemade wooden coffins along with the fog machine to test the effect for Halloween. Worked great. Put batteries in the color-changing led puck lights made for jack-o-lanterns to illuminate a skeleton inside another homemade coffin.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

Lego'ed my QPA to 2xAA. Bingo! Also charged the battery of my SC62w.

Last few days I have been using my flashlight to look down my throat
    I had a tonsillectomy few days ago and I like to see how the healing process is going.

Mental exercise in OCD therapy. There is in fact a nick on my new light the size of a pin. I will not be looking at it. It does not have any power over me. I can cope, Im doing a good job.

"You're not your job. You're not the car you drive. You're not your Flashlight. You're not the content of your CR123 stash, You're not your runtime. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." - Tyler Durden

Just have to find my power animal.

"SLIDE!"

Last edited by ForrestChump; Yesterday at 07:47 PM. Reason: spellz
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" - Sun TZU

Used my Acebeam L10 to check the number combinaton lock of my luggage.

I took a friend to view a range rover vogue,he had already sorted the deal out with the expensive wheels. He had not viewed the vogue and was dark,luckily i had my Roche F8 in glove box,more than enough,checked over the motor ,checked all the bits you do from bubbles in exp bottle to condition of oils etc to build a picture of how its been looked after.Only surface rust on the IS underneath,sub frames needed cleaning up and under sealing so the budget light saved £200 knocked off the price for him, which was already knocked down before we left After all your best light is the one with you

Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146149150151152153154155156