Acebeam
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201204205206207208209210211
Results 6,301 to 6,306 of 6306

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

I was playing Pokemon Go at a park at night. There was one path that had no lighting connecting two well lit paths, including one area where people were hanging out at a very nice game location.
    So I was walking along back out when I saw a family with younger kids all playing together. The kids wanted to go over to the other area on the other side of the dark path, but the mother was concerned about the dark path.
    I ended up using my 2AA Maglite Pro to light the path and had a nice chat with them. The kids were super excited! The parents thanked me and went herding the young ones.

Stories like that make my day.

Good going Shadow-dude.
    John 3:16

Used 3 lights today in work for various tasks. Started using my T10s a little more, has to be on high mode though and fed on a loop! . Swapped the 14500 over for now as the high on 4.2v fuel is too high! medium i could get away with though ............digressing
    Used the Xtar tz20 to spot through perspex and watch flights go around to trace a noise, several flights were bent and required fixing. Close up work(removing, straightening etc) the L2T housing a p60vnT nichia 219C came in, flooded the area and aided me finding a very small counter sunk screw!!!

Last edited by ven; 07-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Last night had a storm roll in causing the power to flicker quite a few times. While I was in the bathroom the power went out. I thought to myself "this is just great...I already took my HDS of my belt and my Thrunite Ti Titanum out of my pocket!" Then I remembered my Spy hanging around my neck. Power came back on, but I used the Spy to navigate my way to and from our 3 seasons room watching the storm so I didn't have to turn any lights on.
    You Can't Fix STUPID!

Just used my H600w (Mk I) to completely tear apart my laptop, which has been running hot lately. Got it all apart, cleaned out any dust bunnies I could find (especially the ones blocking the CPU radiator) and figured meh... while I'm in here, might as well re-thermal paste the CPU and GPU heat sinks. I even managed to put it back together without any left over parts - not even one screw!

And... worked like a charm! Idle temperatures now about 15oC cooler, and about 20+ degrees cooler under heavy load. Not to mention the fan isn't screaming for mercy any more either.

Great stuff, can't beat a job that goes to plan! Not even one screw??? Come on

Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201204205206207208209210211