Gear to help you conquer!
Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145148149150151152153154155
Results 4,621 to 4,646 of 4646

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

I think you knew mr yoyo and did it deliberately

Olight R20 and Fenix PD35 when I walked the dog. Was really dark. It was.. Until I showed-up
    And the Lumintop HL01 for review purposes.

I was leaving my hotel in Warsaw very early this morning. It was dark and the blackout curtains were closed. They have that control device for the electricity - you have to put your room key in to get electricity. I pulled my key out as I was leaving. The lights went out immediately and I was 10 feet from the door (normally the device is right by the door) and couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Pulled out my AAA pocket carry and left with a smile on my face.

Does it kill power to the entire room or just to the lights near the door?

The whole room and the air conditioning. Pretty common in parts of Asia, South America and Europe - they are much more focused on saving or not wasting energy. Lights with timers or motion detectors are also fairly common.

What was weird in this story was the device was so far from the door. I'm in Krakow now and the control device is right by the door. May not need my light this morning.
    Last edited by yoyoman; 10-14-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Flashaholic

I haven't yet but I'm about to take my SRT7, TK35, and SC62w out for a walk, oh I almost forgot the dog and wife.

Used the glove box light(well one of them) roche f8 on medium running on a 2600mah samsung to shed some light under the hood for connecting a 12v power pack to battery. Then used in foot well to fit repaired ecu,started,tested,run perfect.....................panels,column etc a job for morning

The f8 is a real good value light,solid feel and ample bright enough for most tasks and some.............good glove box light

So as i do,thought i would top off cell as was not sure how long it was on,maybe 30 mins to 1hr tops. Either way i expected to see around 3.8v on the vp2,it showed 4.11 which i was quite surprised with for the time i felt used So i just removed the cell and put back in the f8 so its at 90% ish charged.................could be 6 months till next use so thought a better option than 4.2v

Quote Originally Posted by Taz80 View Post
    I haven't yet but I'm about to take my SRT7, TK35, and SC62w out for a walk, oh I almost forgot the dog and wife.
    Haha good one! I used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to drill a hole and cut some screws down to size on a metal contraption we are using in the lab.

And I'm glad things went well, ven!

Unenlightened

I have a 2AA LED MiniMag that was given to me ~2010 that still has the original Duracell batteries in it; I've been using it at work (I'm a church custodian) instead of the room lights when I can. I'm trying to finish off the batteries so that I can throw them away without feeling wasteful, ha ha!

I also recently bought a 2D LED Maglite; I used both it and the MM for a walk in the dark with my wife - we specifically waited for full darkness so that I could use the lights.

And this morning I used an old 2AA MiniMag that has a NiteIze LED conversion and pushbutton switch with a red Maglite accessory filter when I got up this morning instead of the bedroom light, as my wife wasn't getting up for another hour or two.

I'm new to the site and the hobby; Maglites are the nicest lights I have right now, but I think I'll be ordering a Fenix or two here soon, and a Surefire a bit later...!!!

Had give a coworker a jump last night, and I used a Solarforce L2M with a Kerberos Triple drop in along with a Nichia 219B drop in a different host to keep things lit under our hoods.

Last weekend I attended a chili cook-off. My friends tied for first with another team so they settled who took the trophy home with a coin flip. As soon as the coin hit the ground you could see it was too dark to tell what side was up, so out came my V11R from my pocket and we found out it was tails... my friend called heads. :-/

Just used my 4Sevens Mini ML to find the key to the house I was working at. It fell out of my pocket when I removed my truck keys. I would have never found it with out my light as it was lying in the grass by my truck.

This is a big deal because I needed the key to lock up the house and I would not have been able to leave without locking up. It also saved me from having to call the homeowner and tell them that I am sorry for interrupting their evening, but I lost the key to their house and they need to come lock up the house or send someone who can.

Probably not a big deal at all. I am sure they would definitely call me back again after that and trust me with a key

Recently, used both my Fenix TK15s2, and Maglite MAGTAC to take out trash...Then walk to my car on partial darkened side street..,Maybe occasionally illuminating some of the abandon, or vacant apartment buildings 25 yds away...And accidentally "beaming " nosey neighbors! ("Arghhh!!! My eyes!!!! My retinas!!!! No more 4K UHD for thee!!!!")

Tested my newly delivered Olight O'pen and Acebeam L10.

Carved a pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern and placed my 47s QT2A-X on strobe in side! NICE!

Heard a knocking sound in the back of my house. used my maelstrom mms to look at the rear deck because i thought someone was on the porch. no one there. 15 mins later, the same knocking, so i threw open the window and shined my malkoffed magcharger out back and didn't see anything, so i ran to the front window and leaned out and shined the light around (right in the eyes of a priest visiting my parish who just happened to be out walking his door. he said he heard a couple of thumps but no one was at my door. now, the kids are in my bed cuddled up with me and the wife watching a scary movie and getting nervous. SON OF A BEEYOTCH! THERE GOES THE FRIGGIN NOISE AGAIN!!! i get up to check it out and my poor little one slams the bedroom door and locks it, thinking someone is in the house. i give him the big maglite and tell him to swing it at what ever walks in the door, and i proceed to do a premise check with either my crelant v11a or the jetbeam pa10, i can't remember (i was actually in the process of topping off my batteries so i had all the rechargeable lights out)

i turned over every crate, bucket, bag and bowl in the house, opened every cabinet, and even lifted up the mattresses to make sure nothing was happening in between them. if i was in one part of the house i would hear it in another part. eventually the kids started nodding off, and we thought it was the guinea pig, trying to turn over his feed bowl. my wife tucked the kids in and we went back to bed. the damn noise wouldn't stop, every 10-15 mins., thump thump, and then it would stop before i had the chance to trace it.

i sat in the hallway, figuring i could keep getting closer to the source, or pin it on my guinea pig, in which case i would take him to the peruvian restaurant and have him prepared for dinner. i sat ther for OVER 30 DAMN MINUTES, and not a sound. WTF!!! as soon as i got up to go to bed and sleep, "thump thump". i look at the little piggy, wondering what i'm going to tell the kids in the morning when they see the blood dripping from the cage, but lo and behold, he's sound asleep. obviously, the noise isn't bothering him. but, here i am next to the cage and from the bathroom i hear, 'thump thump', again. i almost peed myself. i turned all the lights on in the house before i walked in there and what do i find? my little one had his kindle, parked in a dock, with the speaker jack plugged into it. even thought the kindle wasn't on, a burst of static from the speaker sent out this sound out the bathroom window, which is why it's coming in the bedroom window right next to it. he left the volume turned up all the way, and the bass turned up so he could get those nice explosions from the stereo while he was in the tub having a bubble bath.

i've taken the kindle away from him because of that and now i'm letting him play with the toaster in the tub as punishment
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Great story Aginthelaw! LMAO! Sounds like you'll be smelling something now lol.

Awesome,love it Aginthelaw,superb story

Something similar has happened to me,Madison left her kindle on and it took me a long time to figure..................down side was i didnt need a flashlight as it was in the day

Installing trits on a couple of PhotonFanatic DG lights with my StreamLight NightCom UV + NiteCore UV

Had problems with Norland 61 bubbling with my NiteCore CU6. Never had that problem before with the CU6 - tried increasing the distance and still bubbles formed. Figured out why - the tolerances of the slots are so small that the corresponding amount of Norland needed is miniscule. So, am using the NightCom UV for the pre-cure and CU6 for the full cure.

Sharing my experiences here, in case anyone out there is doing their own trits installation without a proper cure lamp.

Great tip Jon, I have a Ledengin UV 365nm P60 drop in from nailbender that works great on Norland.

I needed to wire a new switch & outlet in my basement, which of course meant I needed to cut the power. Black as night down there! I had my wife use my Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman, equipped with a Malkoff VME head running a M31 219B drop in, to keep things lit up.

Got to use my rarely used Fenix HP25 headlamp to change out a brake-light bulb on my van last night. Headlamps rock! Option to use flood, spot, or any lumen combo of both, rocks more!!!
    One clear lesson of September 11 is that individual civilians need to take responsibility for maximizing the probability that they will survive, should disaster strike.

A desk ornament. Worked flawlessly.

Unenlightened

Had to pull out from behind the selection dial on my washing machine to make a repair. Used a junky little single LED, AAA flashlight I got as a free gift for Father's Day. Tiny enough to get behind the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestChump View Post
    A desk ornament. Worked flawlessly.

I bravely held my Fenix PD35vn triple XPL for my wife while she took care of a silverfish that crawled across the floor of our apartment this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Heard a knocking sound in the back of my house. used my maelstrom mms to look at the rear deck because i thought someone was on the porch. no one there. 15 mins later, the same knocking, so i threw open the window and shined my malkoffed magcharger out back and didn't see anything, so i ran to the front window and leaned out and shined the light around (right in the eyes of a priest visiting my parish who just happened to be out walking his door. he said he heard a couple of thumps but no one was at my door. now, the kids are in my bed cuddled up with me and the wife watching a scary movie and getting nervous. SON OF A BEEYOTCH! THERE GOES THE FRIGGIN NOISE AGAIN!!! i get up to check it out and my poor little one slams the bedroom door and locks it, thinking someone is in the house. i give him the big maglite and tell him to swing it at what ever walks in the door, and i proceed to do a premise check with either my crelant v11a or the jetbeam pa10, i can't remember (i was actually in the process of topping off my batteries so i had all the rechargeable lights out)

i turned over every crate, bucket, bag and bowl in the house, opened every cabinet, and even lifted up the mattresses to make sure nothing was happening in between them. if i was in one part of the house i would hear it in another part. eventually the kids started nodding off, and we thought it was the guinea pig, trying to turn over his feed bowl. my wife tucked the kids in and we went back to bed. the damn noise wouldn't stop, every 10-15 mins., thump thump, and then it would stop before i had the chance to trace it.

i sat in the hallway, figuring i could keep getting closer to the source, or pin it on my guinea pig, in which case i would take him to the peruvian restaurant and have him prepared for dinner. i sat ther for OVER 30 DAMN MINUTES, and not a sound. WTF!!! as soon as i got up to go to bed and sleep, "thump thump". i look at the little piggy, wondering what i'm going to tell the kids in the morning when they see the blood dripping from the cage, but lo and behold, he's sound asleep. obviously, the noise isn't bothering him. but, here i am next to the cage and from the bathroom i hear, 'thump thump', again. i almost peed myself. i turned all the lights on in the house before i walked in there and what do i find? my little one had his kindle, parked in a dock, with the speaker jack plugged into it. even thought the kindle wasn't on, a burst of static from the speaker sent out this sound out the bathroom window, which is why it's coming in the bedroom window right next to it. he left the volume turned up all the way, and the bass turned up so he could get those nice explosions from the stereo while he was in the tub having a bubble bath.

i've taken the kindle away from him because of that and now i'm letting him play with the toaster in the tub as punishment
    "And I was going to say....Your WARM welcome for Hostile Home invaders!!!"(re: Not available in Vens area..Please alert a Nearby Bobby!)

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145148149150151152153154155