The Fenix-Store
Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156159160161162163164165166
Results 4,951 to 4,974 of 4974

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Frying a mosquito by my flashlight highest setting(around 1000 lumens).........hey just kidding Although I have done it plenty of times.

hmmm... today what I did....yes I used it to check the oil levels in my pressure washer.Iam a simple guy and not much actions goes around me.I love repairing things especially house hold equipment( never electronis it's kind of ureal to me) and during repairs I use my small edc to peep around hard to see areas and looking for lost screws on the floor.
    Last edited by jjp888; 02-20-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Charged the batteries of my SC600 MkII L2, Olight M2X-UT, FourSevens MMU-X3 and Supbeam L25A after using it last night in our overnight camp.

Last night I used my Armytek Wizard Pro Warm while shoveling snow. It seemed like we got about a foot of snow which was unexpected! I didn't really need to see better, but I figured it would make me a lot more visible to cars driving around.

For those who are familiar with the Raspberry Pi computer, the new version 2 contains a chip that is not encapsulated - it is a chunk of bare silicon - so it's sensitive to bright light. Some have been able to crash the computer with a camera strobe, so I tried it with my PD35 on various modes. I was unable to crash it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    For those who are familiar with the Raspberry Pi computer, the new version 2 contains a chip that is not encapsulated - it is a chunk of bare silicon - so it's sensitive to bright light. Some have been able to crash the computer with a camera strobe, so I tried it with my PD35 on various modes. I was unable to crash it.
    The things we do in the name of science!

To find all the cheerios my 4-year old twins dumped behind the sofa......

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

LOL. I use one of my lights, usually an HDS, or Malkoff, daily, acutally every hour or more looking for stuff my grand kids have dropped, including food, broken plates, glasses, also looking for the remotes, that disappear every hour or so, etc. Got to be honest here, I use a flighlight maybe 100 times a day. Just me, a flashaholic who would rather leave the house light off, and use a flashlight; what fun.

Bill

Used my S.S. Maratac AA model to check out the Terrace at the dorms where I work. It's the designated smoking area. Been closed for several weeks due to the camera being down. Camera came back up, but the Resident Directors wanted it kept locked since garbage bags full of ice from the snowfalls were tossed in there. Turns out that yesterday, one of the guards unlocked it. And didn't bother to tell us on the nightshift.

So, any of the horribly addicted smokers could have gone back there and frozen over in the 5 degree (not a typo) weather with gusting winds. Instead of smoking directly outside where we could immediately reach them if things got bad real quick!

Finding the Terrace door unlocked, I searched using my light to make sure no one was frozen underneath one of the benches. I couldn't turn on the lights because there is no switch. Only a special vampire-teeth key that switches the lights on and off. Just easier and faster to use my light. Thankfully, no nearly frozen to death residents.

The incident was just so boneheaded because although the morning shift is supposed to unlock the doors, 2nd shift is supposed to switch the lights on. 3rd shift locks the door and switches the light off. Someone screwed up royally and didn't bother to brief anyone along the way that the door was unlocked. Brilliant!

Not sure what the Hell's going on, but over the course of the last 2-3 weeks the same reliable set of co-workers I've been dealing with over the last 9 months.... Has turned into a bunch of utter morons who now excel at doing stupid $#@% that not even the most stoned residents would pull. And I'm not being sarcastic. I've met those residents. All they do is get stoned and simply relax or go out late at night for snacks. They've given me zero aggravation in the last 2-3 weeks. Can't say that about my co-workers.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

Too cold to light up in any sense...kinda like alkalines or nimh.
    -I am no law abiding citizen. I am merely not a lawbreaker.
    -Guilty until proven innocent.
    -If it can be conceived by humans, then it can be unravelled by humans.

Friend of mine calls on short notice with a problem with their vehicle (old BMW 328 trunk won't latch: my level of appreciation for German automotive engineering supremacy just ratcheted down), so I grab a few tools and take off. Flashlight in the truck fails to light (thanks, Ray-O-Vac alkalines) so I'm down to EDC's. I complete the entire job with the Nitecore Tube: I assess the geometry, tweak the trunk latch and cut some cardboard spacers for the stupid light switch on the trunk itself that now won't switch off. Tube was plenty of light for the job.

Only after the job is complete and I'm putting away my tools do I find that I have my Fenix BC30 in the truck from when I last transported the bike, which might have put out a few more lumens.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    Friend of mine calls on short notice with a problem with their vehicle (old BMW 328 trunk won't latch: my level of appreciation for German automotive engineering supremacy just ratcheted down), so I grab a few tools and take off. Flashlight in the truck fails to light (thanks, Ray-O-Vac alkalines) so I'm down to EDC's. I complete the entire job with the Nitecore Tube: I assess the geometry, tweak the trunk latch and cut some cardboard spacers for the stupid light switch on the trunk itself that now won't switch off. Tube was plenty of light for the job.

Only after the job is complete and I'm putting away my tools do I find that I have my Fenix BC30 in the truck from when I last transported the bike, which might have put out a few more lumens.
    "a few more" LOL

Used the 10 lumen Arc AAA to find and diagnose the problem with a broken 100W halogen pendant light in the house.

Oh, the irony.

Dug
    out my Sunwayman d40a to look for broken glass on the kitchen floor after a glass teapot fell from a cupboard.

Didn't use my lights today... erk ...what am I saying?!?

Excuse me a moment.

Right, I've just flashed a Sipik clone around the room, sanity restored.

Now to the story.

I upgraded my E05 to an LD02 a couple of months ago and gave the E05 to a woman I know. She's been carrying it around on her keyring ever since. That's a good thing, because she got caught in a windowless stockroom during a power cut. Pulled it out, fired it up and guess what? None of the guys with her had a light.

This New Man "showing your vulnerable side" nonsense has gone too far!
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

Flashaholic
    Items for Sale

Used a TerraLux 80 held between my teeth to clean behind my refrigerator. Mouse droppings cleaned and trap set. Bite ring comes in handy.

Went to the cinema with my daughter. We were a bit late so the lights were already out. I used my E05 2014 on low to find our seats and a few times for finding something.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

I helped the in-laws move a bunch of boxes all day and used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm to see in the back of the truck after it got dark.

Enlightened

I used my Javelot to look out in a few fields for deer.

Fenix TK41 and Olight R20, to walk the dog in the forest. Was quite windy outside, so some trees made a noise you normally don't like when you're underneath them
    Glad my lights could help out.
    Latest review(s): Olight M2X-UT - Olight H35 - Olight S20R

Flashaholic*

I tied my Atom AL to some string and put it down a shower drain to recover something I dropped with the magnet. Didn't really work.

At first i used my DQG hobi to plumb stepper motor boost pipe through the grommet in the fire wall,did the job just fine but forgot to turn it off...........only 10 mins later i realised it was still on (on my keys). No issue,cell showed 3.86v so topped off later........

Got my glove box light out,the convoy m2 which imo is a great light. I do need a decent head lamp as at times i had to hold in my teeth..........not good!
    Rested my convoy m2 with 4c tint on side of inter cooler whilst sorting out boost pipe. I used light on low for less reflection back,gauge plumbed into wrong pipe off manifold so repaired that.

Pre-repair..

Pipe joined back without T piece.

Re-allocated the m2 as a pipe came off lower down,under the manifold .It was securely balanced between the alternator and left mode on low as still close up work. This pipe from the plastic housing to manifold is recommended,however after removing it to fit T piece revealed not enough room,the fun started then...........Pipe that goes under was not flexible so pulled off a connection under,and another .This pipe branched out in a Y underneath,so now i had to try and get through a gap a 3yr old hands would struggle. Removed bracket............heck here is a pic so its clear
    Bracket is the 12mm nut near centre top that had to be removed,bit bellow is a blue part that came out,bellow this out of sight was the other pipe.

Light not in pic or could not see pipes

Removing this allowed me to just get the pipes re-fitted,bloody knuckles(no swearing though!!!) I had blood on my convoy!!! yes i had no gloves at hand that were suited. Then routed to

and we have a gauge that reads when boosting,and not when off boost Before it would register off the gas due to wrong pipe...........

Tick over hence vacuum,getting up to 1 bar for those maybe interested

Longest part other than wiring the stepper motor to gauge was trying to get those damn pipes back on,rest was easy

Without a flashlight even though in day time, would have made it very difficult ,next to impossible............

In fact i probably use flashlights for more times in the day than i do at night............is that normal

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    as usual, my neighbors kid left the door unlocked and ajar, so when the wind started whipping up, it set off the alarm. the first door i checked was the garage door which i found unlocked and up slightly. i opened it and went in. the interior door that leads to the house was slightly ajar, and i grabbed the door knob and it opened. i hollered inside, but heard nothing. i called my neighbor at work and asked her if she saw anything on her remote cameras. she said no, so i went to check the house and now the interior door is closed and locked! now i'm thinking there is someone inside. an officer on a traffic post up the street responded to the house for the alarm and i told him what happened and now we've surrounded the house. i went to the kids school and picked up his house keys and let him know he left the door open again and to come to my house after school to pick up the keys.

i went back to the neighbors house, and let the police in. of course one officer is a rookie, another is the desk sgt who was on his way to lunch, and the other is the traffic cop who didn't need a light. theyre all asking each other for a flashlight so i hand the desk sgt my cigvn which was just handed to me by the postman. he looks at me like i'm nuts, wondering how he's going to do a premise check with a penlight. he turns it on and all the other cops are scrambling for the light. they were more than impressed, asking for details while i gently reminded them of the bad guys that are looting the house.

they found the window open in the kid's bedroom which is what blew the door shut on me, and no sign of burglary. 3 of the cops then came to my house for a tour of the shelf queens.
    Great read!

Used my Fenix ld15 to locate a pumpernickel loaf in the ovens at the bakery I work at. Thing had been in there for 48 hours just shrinking into a tiny carbon nugget. Nobody saw it because the oven is so deep and dark.

Flashaholic

Used my V10R to light up a disco ball at a kid's birthday party.

Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156159160161162163164165166