Malkoff
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184187188189190191192193194
Results 5,791 to 5,819 of 5819

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

For a change and as i await some bezels for my cryos, i threw the sportac triple xpg2 into a p1d host beater for work. Really happy for a cool tint, a lot better tbh than i expected, maybe more down to the flood and no washing out with bright hot spots. It was used under machinery pretty much all morning and find on 20% power, it is always around 4/4.1v when i slap it in my works vp1 charger. Will rotate with the nichia anyway and use the new P60vn when arrives.

Then me and Callum got some lights out for fun back home. tk75vnQ70/tn32UTvn/cooly QCvn/s2+ triple/p1 of Callums with the xpl v3/k60vn in turn, checking tints and showing/explaining the difference. The nichia 219 sportac next to the p1d xpl, lighting up some clothes on a rail(various colours) and asking him which he prefers and which colours look better. He is a nichia boy...................guess what he wants next

Still taken back every time i power up the k60vn, such a good looking light, solid and well made, and what an output............so bright, large bright hot spot. If someone said it was 8000lm i would believe it when compared to other lights............

Then got a couple of extensions on the tk75vnQ70 which made Callum laugh at the size, he loved it.............

All fun, boys and their toys, now its a daily thing "daddy can we have torch time?"

As if i will ever say no

^^ good stuff ven.

I strobed myself with a PK Warrior.

Why?
    Well I suppose because I was still not convinced a PK light with strobe actually existed.

Plus it's a fun strobe as strobes go. No nausea, no epilepsy, just a Streamlight PWM on steroids.

I'm wondering if maybe he was wearing a "disco sucks" t-shirt when he programmed it.
    Fun, fun, fun.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-29-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    John 3:16

Took my e12 Fenix out but did not turn on
    Changed batteries still flicker on off then worked then didn't
    Any suggestions on making this new light work?
    Bought it online in package
    Could it be defective
    Appreciate any help
    Thanks

I used my tx25c2vn to look for an employee that was gone 45 mins on his 15 min break. I signaled a trucker waiting at the far end of our parking lot because I was too tired to walk down there. Lo & behold, there's the missing employee, fogging up his car, with his pregnant wife. He pulled out (sexually & automotively) when the trucker started his car.

Apparently, the employee still hasn't realized if there's a tractor attached to the trailer, there's usually someone in it watching everything you're doing
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

I normally wear golf shirts / polo tees for casual wear. Last night while braaiing (grilling / BBQ to you, I guess) a few porterhouse steaks out in the yard, I clipped my Olight S1 to my collar, shining it perfectly onto the work area.

Later on when we dished up, the magnetic tailcap worked well to attach it to the patio roof to provide some extra light on the food for the guests.

Enlightened

Did you recruit any new flashaholics from said guests?
    Life is too short to own cheap flashlights.

Used my armytek Predator Pro Limited ed, to explore abandoned glof club with my mates a few nights ago

Quote Originally Posted by GPS Rider View Post
    Did you recruit any new flashaholics from said guests?
    Unfortunately not, they mostly wince at the price, but the one guy at least carries a Nitecore SRT6 :-)

A few days ago- At the scene of a car accident, it's dark and we can't tell how many people are in each vehicle. Out comes my malkoff MD2 lego with an M61n to light up the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprepper View Post
    Took my e12 Fenix out but did not turn on
    Changed batteries still flicker on off then worked then didn't
    Any suggestions on making this new light work?
    Bought it online in package
    Could it be defective
    Appreciate any help
    Thanks
    Start a new thread if you are still around and want some various answers. Probably threads or battery. If not, send back.

Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    A few days ago- At the scene of a car accident, it's dark and we can't tell how many people are in each vehicle. Out comes my malkoff MD2 lego with an M61n to light up the scene.
    Well, that is a cliff hanger, what did you see? Any comments on the light??

My last real use a few days ago: Sick, high fever 1 year old in ER for a few hours. The turned off the lights so baby would relax. I used my HDS Hyper Red rotary to check on things and move around room. ER docs & nurses saw it and were in amazement of how handy to navigate and not disturb. I think they thought I was the one that needed a check up when I told them the price! lol Then conversation segued into pen lights.
    Also use it to check on baby in the crib hourly after we were released. A few days later, baby all fine now.
    Wanted Saltytri lights PM me

Sunday supper this evening was interrupted by a power outage. Not two seconds after the lights flickered and died, everyone in the room called out "Brad!" knowing I'd have a flashlight in my pocket. Sure enough my EDC (Fenix E05SS) bailed us out. My two year old Son was a little freaked out by the darkness but my light was plenty bright to light the kitchen when tail standing and bouncing off the ceiling.

Well, that is a cliff hanger, what did you see? Any comments on the light??

Nothing exciting, no one was hurt in the front car- and the back car was empty- ended up being a drunk who crashed his own car and ran off.
    I am just extra careful in checking because by a different accident we had a driver and front passenger who said it was only them in the car- I flashed my light in the back- and camouflaged by the black leather was a skinny teen in black clothes- not visible in the light of the streetlights.

As far far as the beam- I put phaserburns diffuser film on it. The result is a diffused beam that lights up an area and doesn't pull my gaze like a hotspot does- it's easier to search or light up a room. It does take away some throw but I usually don't need too much throw in The city. If need be I can pull off the diffuser film. It's powerful enough for anything I need it for but at some point I will prob. add a stronger light because -flashlights!

I did happen to have the Prometheus Alpha from the pass around, and when my partner borrowed my malkoff, I used it on high and was smiling to myself as the extra lumens and beam shape flooded the car with light. (Don't get me started on the fact that a lot of my coworkers and the police officers carry dim lights- if they carry a light at all)

The neutral tint works very well for skin color and is more relaxing to my eyes, to the point where the M61L that I have in a surefire 9P annoys me when using it after the M61N.

"(Don't get me started on the fact that a lot of my coworkers and the police officers carry dim lights- if they carry a light at all)"
    Oh Wow! I would have a hard time containing my self. I did get stopped/checked once at one of those illegal DUI checkpoints, I used my Tana Triple to flood the interior for the officers. Man cop, not impressed, Lady officer was floored and wanted to know where she could obtain such a light! lol Once I told her it was custom and the price she said maybe when she gets a pay raise!
    I can never wrap my head around why some officers still carry vintage maglites or Streamlight Stingers around here. Time for a upgrade! Perhaps the maglite so they can do the head wrapping? hahaha Sorry mods, couldn't resist that one. I will delete if necessary.

Price is a big factor, also to some maglight and streamlight are good brands that they heard of. Another factor is probably agency policy. I will ask a friend that just got out of academy- what the policy is. Some just don't care.

One day in a bad neighborhood we got a call for an emotionally disturbed person, we get there and the wooden door is broken into a bunch of small pieces, looked like someone took an axe to it, the police officers drew their firearms and peeked inside where it was pitch black- one pulled out his Incan maglight with dying batteries so I stuck my hand around the corner and light up the hallway for them, he asked me to come with them- I politely declined- they searched no one was there.

I hope after that he at least made sure to check the batteries each shift- but judging by rust on his revolver- I don't think he really cared.

Spent part of last night's dog walk seeing from how far away I could turn my Wife's solar garden lights off... (SF G3 w/ P90 & 2x17500's)

Used the ZL H52Fw and a 6p with XPL HI in a smooth reflector while walking the pooch around the neighborhood last night.
    Ambient lighting consisted of the typical yellow-orange sodium street lamps on just one side of the street.
    Looking down ahead of my feet, I found the H52Fw beam too narrow. Kept staring at it and I even got a bit of tunnel-vision.
    Sending the H52Fw beam 15 feet ahead, I found it not nearly bright enough even on the highest setting to see what the pooch was sniffing.
    The XPL HI, of course, threw too concentrated a beam for walking, but was useful for lighting up stuff up to 100 yards away.
    The H52Fw is pretty useful around the house, but doesn't suit my needs when used outside in an urban environment.
    Don't support exaggerated specs, careless designs, poor build quality, insufficient QA/QC, and unsatisfactory customer service with your hard-earned dollars. Refrain from freely tossing around praises. Beware of marketing TOOLs.

Y'all ever notice how few people use a light while walking their dog at night? I have several hundred neighbors, of course not all walk their dogs, but I only can remember seeing 1 guy with a light. The women are usually on the phone. I am not be sarcastic.
    Then there is me: hoping for some noise in the dark so I can light it up! I like a twisty or side switch when walking dog. I always have a lanyard too. Someone told me, hey you should clip that light to the dogs leash so if they get loose you can see them. Not a bad idea, if I wasn't carrying a McGizmo Aqua Ram! I don't care about the dog that much! LOL kidding!! My dog (German Shepard) is well mannered and doesn't need a leash. I only use one cause of nanny neighbors.

Went to visit my sister, my nephew was crying in his crib- out came my Lumintop tool on low he grabbed it, stopped crying and was smiling. His brother came in and said "I want one too" he got the V11R.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Spent part of last night's dog walk seeing from how far away I could turn my Wife's solar garden lights off... (SF G3 w/ P90 & 2x17500's)
    Oh... That's funny

StraightStroke,
    In my development there are no street lights, and not all neighbors have porch lights on. Around here, people with dogs are more likely to carry a light than those who are walking for exercise. Picking up one's dog's poop, is a town ordinance that at least MOST people respect, and at night a light is very helpful. However in fact, it seems that those who walk around here for exercise (well not all of them) are trying to prove that exercise can shorten your life-span. Not only do they not use a light, they walk in the street, even though we have side-walks!

Is this natures way of reducing the size of the gene pool?
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    Used the ZL H52Fw and a 6p with XPL HI in a smooth reflector while walking the pooch around the neighborhood last night.
    Ambient lighting consisted of the typical yellow-orange sodium street lamps on just one side of the street.
    Looking down ahead of my feet, I found the H52Fw beam too narrow. Kept staring at it and I even got a bit of tunnel-vision.
    Sending the H52Fw beam 15 feet ahead, I found it not nearly bright enough even on the highest setting to see what the pooch was sniffing.
    The XPL HI, of course, threw too concentrated a beam for walking, but was useful for lighting up stuff up to 100 yards away.
    The H52Fw is pretty useful around the house, but doesn't suit my needs when used outside in an urban environment.
    Last dog walks i did(other month) i found a quad drop in ideal, the one used is a 4 mode xpg2 with maybe 2500lm on tap, mode 2 was enough, 3 more than enough and 4 for fun! A small wall of light that reaches out enough, maybe 30-50ft.
    Even the cheaper option of the 2 mode triple sportac, with nichia flavour at around 600 OTF lumens is enough....

Enough reach, plenty of flood, would suit the 6p quite nice

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Last dog walks i did(other month) i found a quad drop in ideal, the one used is a 4 mode xpg2 with maybe 2500lm on tap, mode 2 was enough, 3 more than enough and 4 for fun! A small wall of light that reaches out enough, maybe 30-50ft.
    Even the cheaper option of the 2 mode triple sportac, with nichia flavour at around 600 OTF lumens is enough....
    Enough reach, plenty of flood, would suit the 6p quite nice
    Thanks for the recommendation, ven.
    It's an eye opener, using it in an urban environment, in the presence of streetlights. I'm so used to just using it around the house, in which the walls and ceiling reflect a lot of the light back to make things bright, and lighting things up head on and from above, so that a lot of light bounces right back to my eyes, that lighting up the road ahead of me at shallow angle made the output look feeble.

The sodium streetlights didn't look it, but they were actually brighter than I had thought. Right beneath them, my light was almost as good as off.
    Don't support exaggerated specs, careless designs, poor build quality, insufficient QA/QC, and unsatisfactory customer service with your hard-earned dollars. Refrain from freely tossing around praises. Beware of marketing TOOLs.

Used my Armytek wizard to clean the pantry due to a Indian meal moth infestation

No probs, ideally a small pocket friendly light so single 18650 is best for a happy medium of power and run time. Vinhs p60vn be them triple or quad builds are great options. Now with programmable dirvers to suit your mode requirements. The ridiculous high max mode for that searching for the ball type use, to the more sustainable 30% type output which would still be around 1000 OTF lumens. What I like is the wall of light, enough output to still reach out enough for most uses and no concentrated hot spot. Of course a 5000k type tint for rendition . I have a p60vn in the way with xpl hi, will give impressions as other than the sportacs, I have the CQvn which is 4x xpg2's.
    For a single led for throw and flood, the mtg2 and xhp70 offer other alternatives...
    I took the predator warm with me as well and although a little inconvenient having 2 lights, they did complement each other. Being honest either would suffice,spill is sufficient even with the predator, I just like to have more than what I need Just to break things up...

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    <SNIP>
    All fun, boys and their toys, now its a daily thing "daddy can we have torch time?"

As if i will ever say no
    Makes me smile!
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

makes me see purple dots too!!! His aim can be a little off at times,

Just tried out the Thorfire S70 in wide area, and I'm really impressed by the nice beam that comes out of my first XHP70-light!

xhp70 is possibly my favorite beam right now, with shaved dome anyway.............very nice beam.

been using my p1d with my sportac triple with xpg2 inside, cool yes, fine for rendition due to no bright hot spot to wash colours out. Worked well under and inside machinery, really like the sportacs for value even though i am late to the sportac party!

Head light out on my work truck. Day 3...so far haven't been pulled over.
    Driving the interstate through 1 horse towns who have local yocals in the median to pull tourists...
    It's time to fix it.
    Pull into a town, stop at a part store, pick out twin pack of bulbs, then enquire "where's your flashlights?"...I'll speak of that more in the budget forum...

Being a new-ish truck it uses Halogens. No biggy. But where-the-heck is the dang socket? Get out the Microstream and "there it is...but how do you change that?"
    30 minutes later after using needle nose pliers, scissors, a screwdriver, electrician pliers and gloves...new bulb is installed. And that was the easy 1 out of the 4 bulbs total....
    So once again the Microstream was pretty handy.

The next to go will require removal of parts of the cooling system, air inductioon and shields. And that's to make it as easy as changing them on my Hondas, which isn't all that easy.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 02-04-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    John 3:16

I was struggling to read some resistor colour codes using so I whipped out my most recent purchase, a Jaxman E2 with a High CRI Nichia 219 and wow, it made the colours really stand out! No problems at all telling the difference between red, brown and orange.

Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184187188189190191192193194