Foxfury Scout
Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164
Results 4,891 to 4,916 of 4916

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

This might be a first,

Long story short, I had to use my NiteCore SRT7 as a heater to thaw the frozen windscreen fluid in my car. Then I used the flashlight as an actual light; to help me add a little bit of IPA to my watered down windscreen fluid - so it wouldn’t refreeze.
    Enjoy the light show - LedTed

Velcroed my Surefire EB2 to my new pellet gun last night and popped a couple of tree rats out of my guava tree. I just found out why the bait stations I set for them haven't been working. Seems the rats in San Diego County have joined MENSA and have learned that eating vitamin K rich avocados serves as a antidote to strychnine-based poisons so I've essentially been helping to breed super-rats here. I figured I needed to get them out of the food chain stat. My neighbors must think I'm mental skulking around in the middle of the night with an air rifle and a tactical light looking like a survivalist. I don't care. I hate these damn tree rats with a passion.

Enlightened

I used my UST Moonforce keychain light to search my car for flashlight and batteries, so I could bring everything in the house to make sure it's all working and that the batteries were fresh (they are now).

By the way, that Moonforce was only $6 for a tiny 20-lumen (supposedly) light that I barely notice on my keychain. I bring a better light when I expect to need one, but that little thing has helped me out twice and I've only had it a week.

Used my PD35 on high to charge up some GITD material in a store to check the brightness of the afterglow. The salesman seemed impressed by the output of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by iShaman View Post
    Velcroed my Surefire EB2 to my new pellet gun last night and popped a couple of tree rats out of my guava tree. I just found out why the bait stations I set for them haven't been working. Seems the rats in San Diego County have joined MENSA and have learned that eating vitamin K rich avocados serves as a antidote to strychnine-based poisons so I've essentially been helping to breed super-rats here. I figured I needed to get them out of the food chain stat. My neighbors must think I'm mental skulking around in the middle of the night with an air rifle and a tactical light looking like a survivalist. I don't care. I hate these damn tree rats with a passion.
    This is awesome

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Went on another sunset hike today with a few friends in the snow. The high was 21 F so we brought some warm cider along as well as plenty of lights for the hike back. Used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm and the Fenix TK45 as our main navigation lights. The Fenix PD35vn triple XPL was used a bit, the Fenix LD01 was my last-ditch backup (unused), and the Fenix TK75vnkt was my stunner light for showing off and for fun. One guy brought along his Fenix E21 as well but didn't bother using it. Basically we all had a good time hiking and playing with my lights and went out to eat afterward. It was a really fun day.

I used my Nitecore SRT6 to dodge the cow patties while checking the water trough.

I use my Wizard pro warm for return at home in the dark woods after see sunset at 1800mt

Used my Fenix LD60 to look down the tube of my Peak Eiger to see if I could figure out a battery rattle. Forgot the UI and blasted it on turbo. Little overkill. I'm an idiot.

niteye msa10

today mostly played with the light flashing at the walls and what not but i did use it in the evening to take the dog out for a quick walk.

Olight s20r while hooking up speaker system to the living room tv. Love this light!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Used my ET D25A to check the date code of one of our products in our warehouse. It was past 7 am when I did my rounds but the area where I checked the date code was not well lighted and my D25A assisted me.

Using my new Steamlight Stinger LED HL for auto shop use , I've seen a handful of these that looked like a pissed off gorilla threw these lights around in a concrete room and still works like a champ . So I figured "what the hell" I'll give this slightly overpriced light a try ..
    *Zebralight SC600 II L2 (*edc), SL Stinger DS LED HL , SL Stylus Pro USB .

Used Lumintop Tool AAA XP-G R5 as a tiny crowbar to turn the key in old lock. Both key and flashlight are still fine

Enlightened

Two days ago, I used my PD35 for some night hiking in my local trail. Today I used my Thrunite Neutron 2C V2 to check under my bed and found some of my missing tools
    Fenix PD35 (2014), LD22, E15, E12. ThruNite Neutron 2C V2.

Used my PD35vn triple XPL to check out the new brush guard on my brother's Jeep. It looks awesome, and he got a great deal!

Flashaholic*

Nitecore EA41 on turbo to light up the heavy rain falling outside my 8th-floor apartment window.

(I'll try to find some more exciting things to do with my lights tonight...)

That is awesome!

Flashaholic

I was at my wife's friends house to take the dogs for a hike and my wife's friend was telling us about her new dog walking light. So I, of course, had to see it. When she brought it out my wife immediately said "John won't consider that a flashlight". It was a cheap flashlight/lantern combo, so I guess you'd have to label it a flashlight. So I brought out my EDC, a SC62w, and showed her what a real flashlight could do. I got mugged, fortunately my dog saved me and I was able to escape with my light.

Vitamin K is an antidote to warfarin based (anticoagulant) poisons, not strychnine based poisons.
    The reason for using anticoagulant poisons is that the delayed reaction keeps the vermin from recognizing what poisoned them.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by AMD64Blondie View Post
    Nitecore EA41 on turbo to light up the heavy rain falling outside my 8th-floor apartment window.

(I'll try to find some more exciting things to do with my lights tonight...)
    I thought I was the only one that does this Although I stopped shortly just in case someone might think that I'm signalling for help!
    Fenix PD35 (2014), LD22, E15, E12. ThruNite Neutron 2C V2.

Spent the last few days camping in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.

Primarily used my H600w MkII around camp, and my EagleTac G25C2vn while digging out the quinzhees (snow caves). Brought spares of course, an XML Solarforce L2M and Zebra H60w, but didn't need them. Definitely didn't need the 4 extra 18650s I brought either, still plenty of capacity left in the H600w's cell:

2928mAh capacity as tested when new, still 1864mAh left in the cell after the trip (@1A discharge to 3V).

Converting the homestead to LED lighting so next room was the breakfast area. Popped in three 60 watt equivalent LEDs last night and didn't think any more about it until I arose this morning at my usual 5:30 am. Flipped on the kitchen light and BAM! I thought I was in a tanning booth. Way too early for that many lumens so I found my TN32 dialed it down to low and ceiling bounced it to have my breakfast and make the day's lunch. Perfect!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoBrightBob View Post
    Converting the homestead to LED lighting so next room was the breakfast area. Popped in three 60 watt equivalent LEDs last night and didn't think any more about it until I arose this morning at my usual 5:30 am. Flipped on the kitchen light and BAM! I thought I was in a tanning booth. Way too early for that many lumens so I found my TN32 dialed it down to low and ceiling bounced it to have my breakfast and make the day's lunch. Perfect!
    I changed most of my house bulbs out to LED ones, and same thing - WAY brighter. Too bright at night time. So I put dimmer switches in place of the regular switches on lights that I might turn on from pitch darkness (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) Problem solved! Not all LED bulbs are dimmer compatible though, so you need to check that beforehand.

Fenix pd20 e PD32 used in a 30-minute power outage when i was in the house of my in-laws. So just the energy down, they wanted to light candles ... was when I picked up my EDC Fenix PD20 in my belt holster and lit the room. My father in laws was impressed with the lighting power of such a small flashlight. Then sought my fenix pd32 to use as main light.
    I have all my readiness lanterns, as the risk of a bleckout here in my country grows every day....

Let me preface this by saying, I don't own a headlamp - yet.

Last night (not today..yeah, yeah), I was changing a bunch of watch batteries, and my little halogen Tensor lamp wasn't doing the trick (those batteries are super tiny :| ); so I decided to ceiling bounce a ThruNite TN30 (just to the left of my laptop - on top of which was a micro fiber lens cloth covering it, so I could do my work lol), and I lamp-bounced a Fenix TK-41 (off to the right of the laptop) from underneath the "lens" ( ? ) of the lamp, pivoting it towards the laptop.

I also taped a piece of white paper on the wall/DVD shelving by the wall (probably about two feet above the TN30), giving the paper a curve that would help better reflect the TN30 beam, and spread the reflected light around a little better than the ceiling, alone. It really helped. My working area was super-well-lit, and I was home-free .

I used the small blade of a Victornox Spartan to pry off the covers on all of the watches.

I wish I had taken a picture lol. I suppose I could take one now, but the cool factor won't be there, being that we still have full daylight.

It was pretty funny-looking, but it worked beautifully!

Flashaholics generally find all sorts of ways to make use their flashlights for all sorts of lighting purposes. I'm always greatly amused by some of the responses I read here :-)
    Last edited by david57strat; 01-24-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154157158159160161162163164