Unique Titanium
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151154155156157158159160161
Results 4,801 to 4,826 of 4826

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

I used my Waypoint, 44910, to run off a bobcat that was prowling my chicken coop last night. He'll be back but his older brother wont be.

Used my new Olight S10R to illuminate some fence-work that needed to to be repaired last night...at about 9:15 PM CST.
    "You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
    Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light." -- Roger Waters, Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Used my ZL Sk600 MkII to help my dad with DIY round the house. The moonlight modes help a lot with low light in some corners of the house.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Used my PD35 on high while we cleaned the fuzz out of the dryer vent cover outside.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Flasher View Post
    I used my Waypoint, 44910, to run off a bobcat that was prowling my chicken coop last night. He'll be back but his older brother wont be.

Perhaps you should have used your Aimpoint!

I used my Maratac AA Copper to search the floors in my house looking for a tiny brown Lego part. My daughter got a gift and during assembly, she dropped it. A "Its very important daddy" piece went MIA. Its the size of the top of a battery and brown like the wood floors!! After 15 min we found it in another room. Must have stuck to someones shoe. But the Maratac jumped into action and served Lego Land valiantly.

We went away during the weekend to our extended family. We had plenty of uses for lights. I mainly used my PD30 a few times while walking the dogs at night in a nature reserve (it was full moon, so there was quite some light already), but nonetheless I had to use it to look for one of the dogs. At one moment a moped came towards us and I used the PD30 (pointing to the ground) to show him where we were walking. I used my PALight Survival as a nightlight for my daughter. I also thought my PD30 doesn't really cut it, and decided to go for an upgrade. I've got the PD32UE as well, but since it is a gift from my girlfriend I tend to not take it travelling. So I decided to go for the PD35 2014 version to have a second smaller sized 18650 light.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Enlightened

Changing new babies diapers with about 20 lumens tail standing as a candle a 4am... Fun times lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by Rono8582 View Post
    Changing new babies diapers with about 20 lumens tail standing as a candle a 4am... Fun times lol.
    HAHA I'm about 4 months in and surprised I haven't used a flashlight yet. Didn't even get peed on yet! He usually sleeps thru the night now, so that's a good thing!
    GOOD TINT!

I used my flashlight looking for my mobile phone inside the car! I've looked everywhere inside the house until I thought it might have fallen in the car. I found it there!!!

Flashaholic

Jumping the gun by about 10 days, but I'll be taking 2 Maglites to the premiere of the new Night at the Museum movie. My girlfriend loves it and calls it my Night at the Museum torch. It's a pyjama screening and such, so I figure I'll take them.

Sad it'll be Maglite, but I'll still have an M10 and D25C too

Caught some of the northern California storm here in southern Oregon. The power went off late last night/early morning, and was out for about 12 hours. I procured my Fenix Anglelight, and my edc Fenix P2D. I was wondering how many of the people on my block were completely in the dark until the morning, and whether any of them will end up buying "a" flashlight because of the experience.

Flashaholic

Went on a beach walk tonight with some lights the dog and wife. I asked my wife if she wanted a light, she said yes so I handed over my SC62w. She was wearing gloves as its a bit chilly, and she said "does this light have a clip or something". When she said that I thought " oh no what if she drops my beautifully tinted SC62w", so I took it back and gave her a more easily replaceable light. Does this make me a bad person?

Quote Originally Posted by Taz80 View Post
    Went on a beach walk tonight with some lights the dog and wife. I asked my wife if she wanted a light, she said yes so I handed over my SC62w. She was wearing gloves as its a bit chilly, and she said "does this light have a clip or something". When she said that I thought " oh no what if she drops my beautifully tinted SC62w", so I took it back and gave her a more easily replaceable light. Does this make me a bad person?
    Definitely not. But a drop shouldn't bother it anyway...just think of it as building character.

I usually carry a spare light I don't mind losing. Non-flashaholics don't value lights like we do, and usually don't realize how expensive they are to replace.

Flashaholic

My housemate's birthday present for me just arrived - shipping delays. He set up a series of clues for a treasure hunt in cards around our suburb. Then gave me a card to start me finding clues. We used my Olight M10 to traipse around collecting them until we came back home to my hidden present - a 5 kg tub of Nutella! Awesome

The light out in the back patio has blown, so until I get a moment to replace the bulb, my Olight M22 is on call for feeding the dog, tidying up the yard etc.
    Just wish my SF3 had arrived as some flood would be nice... hopefully will come before xmas now

Walked part of a mountain bike trail this evening to get a feel for it. I had my PD35 mostly on the lower two modes. Buddy had a TK22 - which seemed brighter due to its much more intense hotspot. I would have preferred he also keep it on low since most of the time we just needed to see where we were going and blasting away on high only shut down night vision. Spotted an enormous owl taking flight as we passed under the tree it was perched in. Otherwise was humid and dusty enough that blazing into the distance was kind of futile.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

I used my Fenix HL10 this weekend to light up some electronic repairs around the house. Great floody beam and great brightness for detail work. I've also used my LD10 when walking the dogs after dark.

Used my S15 Baton with extension tube to work on my wifes car. Dropped a screw into a hard to reach spot (twice) and used the tail magnet to get it out. Have an S15 without the extension at work that I use daily for maintenance work. Gotta love that tail magnet.

Unenlightened

Smile Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Used my Nitecore EC20 to light up a glow-in-the-dark chuck-it ball to play with my dog (Tuco) after 6pm (way dark here in Vancouver). Too much fun. I think I will try out the TN32 next.

Used my defective SC52w in medium mode only to light the path towards my motor bike. Used it early this morning to go to church.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertDBear View Post
    Used my Nitecore EC20 to light up a glow-in-the-dark chuck-it ball to play with my dog (Tuco) after 6pm (way dark here in Vancouver). Too much fun. I think I will try out the TN32 next.
    hehe... clicky

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPar View Post
    Used my defective SC52w in medium mode only to light the path towards my motor bike. Used it early this morning to go to church.
    I thought you fixed that thing?

nightwalking, hiking, camping, checking, etc. And the most fun is to play with my pet. once i turn my light on, my cat gets excited to catch the lightspot.

My daughter had a Christmas themed chinese lantern tour around the neighbourhood organized by the school. However we had to cross a busy road, and being the flashaholic I am, I had my Nitecore SRT3 along with my Fenix diffusor with me and used it (red LED) to alert the oncoming traffic allowing us to cross safely a couple of times (a lot of parents said it was a great idea I brought it along). They also had to do a couple of puzzles and depict a few Christmas symbols. I used my SRT3 and my PD35 to help light them so they practically had actual stage lighting along with them

I used my flashlight today to locate the bolts that hold the headlights in my Ram.
    Installed my new Philips X-treme Vision 9007s - which a member here brought to my attention.
    Thanks Virgil!

Quote Originally Posted by NTEW View Post
    nightwalking, hiking, camping, checking, etc. And the most fun is to play with my pet. once i turn my light on, my cat gets excited to catch the lightspot.
    Got a furball that does that ... although it's nothing like the laser.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

I used my Fenix PD35vn triple XPL to illuminate the floor in the lab because my friend dropped a screw in a dark corner and couldn't find it. It sure didn't take long to find then haha. I also got the typical laughing response, but he couldn't argue with the results.

Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151154155156157158159160161