Imalent
Page 52 of 161 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4828

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Under the Jeep Grand Cherokee to see what holds the calipers. Luma IncenDio 123.
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Disassembled my Sig P250's FCG. Cheap Mag-Lite LED, but worked fine.

Flashaholic

Took the kids and wife to the Riverwalk late this afternoon. Rode on the riverboat and took in a tour of the river, which was really nice. As we were getting off the boat,and going up some stairs, I took out my new Zebralight H51 and lit up the stairs. Another family was going down the stairs when one women said "Nice light". Which made my day. The simple things.
    Continued to find many uses for the H51 and even broke out the HDS Rotary to light up a statue of Saint Anthony on the Riverwalk.

Not today, but actually last week. Family was coming over for the weekend at my gf's place and wanted to play board games. All my board games are currently stored in the garage at my parents' house. The garage has no lights at all, so I used my Fenix PD30 on high to light up the garage during my search. Lend my Nitecore T0 to my dad so he could help look for the stuff. Unfortunately the PD30 has some flickering issues lately, so I'll try cleaning it soon.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

I know I took my P2D out earlier today.... But for the life of me I don't remember why!
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Flashaholic*

Grilling a couple of ribeyes as I speak with my H31Fw floody headlamp from Zebralight.

Quote Originally Posted by LGT View Post
    Grilling a couple of ribeyes as I speak with my H31Fw floody headlamp from Zebralight.
    Hmmm, if it gets that hot, you'd better give ZL a call, don't you think?

On a more serious note do you like the H31Fw? I'm thinking of buying my first headlamp , since it looks like my gf and I are going to buy a new house which needs a lot of maintenance (or even better an extreme makeover) so having a headlamp during the winter days while working in, under and around the new house would be nice.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

Enlightened

Used a 5x xre maglite to help a mechanic who was working on my central heating.

Looked for a dropped Skittle under my desk.
    "I see the light, drill sergeant!"

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Ishango View Post
    Hmmm, if it gets that hot, you'd better give ZL a call, don't you think?

On a more serious note do you like the H31Fw? I'm thinking of buying my first headlamp , since it looks like my gf and I are going to buy a new house which needs a lot of maintenance (or even better an extreme makeover) so having a headlamp during the winter days while working in, under and around the new house would be nice.
    Yes, I enjoy using it. With three main levels of output and a sub level to each of those, I can find the "just right" brightness to work with. Good luck with your new house.

Flashaholic*

Lit up a whole bus stop in order to read the time table after dark.
    Did it again after a few minutes for another guy.

My job has me outside quite a bit. Identification of my position relative to the 18 wheelers around me is a good thing especially when it's raining

I keep it for all practical uses regarding the drivers I'm working with and safety.

Went out at about 11pm to put motor oil and windshield washer fluid into mom's 1992 Mercury Sable.

The car has a number of issues. I wouldn't recommend it for an extended, long, road trip. But she does still run. And, the seats are incredibly comfortable. Too bad Ford killed the brand.

Mom insisted on being by the car when I added the fluids. Gave her a 3AAA, 9-LED cluster light. I took the shiny 2D, stock, aluminum M@glite with me that usually sits on top of the fridge. (I just grabbed the two handiest lights while walking out the front door.)
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Despite having a lot of pretty good other lights I've found myself using my Fenix E11 quite a bit lately. Usually gets EDC'd as a backup to my other EDC light as well. Used it to try to find the right breaker to turn the power off to the light fittings to change a stuck bulb (failed) but using the E11 successfully got the old bulb out. May not be much but it's amazing for a DIY disaster area like me!

Flashaholic

I'm watching my brother's house while he is out of town. He has a beer cellar with all kinds of micro brews and imports. I used my trusty Fenix EO1 to help myself to one or two.
    The beer cellar keeps them at about 44F. Very tasty.
    We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns?
    Joseph Stalin

Flashaholic

Heard an animal or something outside late last night, so I used mine to see what it was..turns out it was a skunk again! Scared it away with the throwy beam...a couple of weeks ago we had a bad thunderstorm, lightning nearly CONSTANTLY, so I brought my flashlight outside to see where I was going to find a safe place to watch. The lightning must have hit a pole somewhere because I lost power, I turned my flashlight on, and got attacked by a swarm of gnats!

Flashaholic

My team mate use a helmet light (surefire??) to guide us around to hunt down some terrorists... In Modern Warfare 3 of course!

Enlightened

I used my flashlight in a public toilet that didn´t have any working light so I could pee

Quote Originally Posted by ganymede
    My team mate use a helmet light (surefire??) to guide us around to hunt down some terrorists... In Modern Warfare 3 of course!
    I noticed the Surefire helmet light in MW3 too. My younger brother just sighed.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    I noticed the Surefire helmet light in MW3 too. My younger brother just sighed.
    Plenty of flashlights in the game, double enjoyments for a flashaholic and a gamer.

I will make a post on behalf of my daughter, who is living on campus at a "green" University.
    This month is "Do it in the Dark" month, where the various schools in our province have a competition to reduce energy ( recycle, electricity...).
    So she and her roommates have been using the Sapphire I gave her at night, instead of turning on the lights in their quad ( 4 bedrooms with common kitchen, living room & bathroom).

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Swede View Post
    I used my flashlight in a public toilet that didn´t have any working light so I could pee
    Shadow puppets???

used my e2dl to check the direction of a couple conduit sweeps to help id some fiber optic cables we were splicing
    it's just different on my planet..

Quote Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
    Shadow puppets???
    How?

One hand holding the light. Other hand holding . . .

That would be a helluva trick if one could make shadow puppets on the wall.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom

How?

One hand holding the light. Other hand holding . . .

That would be a helluva trick if one could make shadow puppets on the wall.
    I'm thinking elephant.... Just used my wee Fenix e05 to check my car boot light it's still not bloody working! Total pain.

I too have to go with elephant, unless it was cold...

Used the strobe function of my JB Pro 3 to signal my sister-in-law when we picked her up at SFO airport. I also got the attention of airport security. Luckily, no flashaholics were harmed in the making of this story
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhazzard View Post
    I too have to go with elephant, unless it was cold...

Used the strobe function of my JB Pro 3 to signal my sister-in-law when we picked her up at SFO airport. I also got the attention of airport security. Luckily, no flashaholics were harmed in the making of this story
    I did that to my wife a few months back with my SF C2!

Unenlightened

My skull was blocking out what little light there is in the bathroom as I tried to check my neck for razor burn post shaving so I grabbed my Streamlight ProTac 2L to help out.

I decided to change my Jeep headlights at night. I couldn't wait to get them installed. I EDC a CQG S1 so holding the flashlight with my mouth I spent the next 45 minutes messing with tiny torx screws. Got everything done without issue. Great little light.

Went to a mates place for a BBQ, I took several pocket lights just to be sure. He decided to cook on his new back deck but there wasn't enough light. I whipped out my new 4Sevens Preon2 Neutral, turned it on max and clipped it to the front of his shirt pointing down. It lit up the entire grill and the ground around. My mate said "Wow that light is so bright!" and started waving it through the grill smoke like a light sabre. His wife said "you know, it's a worry that you are actually carrying that" to which I said "yeah probably, but someone has to keep the unorganized people from burning themselves in the dark" and promptly pulled out my Zebralight SC51 from another jeans pocket and lit up their new back deck/pool area with 200 lumens and said "nice pool!". LOL but they're good friends and expect it from me as I work nights and always carry a light on me these days.

I didn't mention that I had an E01 on my keys, that would be overkill... Or that I had a TK41 and a new 4Sevens Quark Tactical neutral in the car. Hey I live 2 hours into the deep dark bush, I don't want to be stranded in the dark with a broken down car...

Cheers

Page 52 of 161 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102152 ... LastLast