Imalent
Page 60 of 151 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 4515

Thread: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Default Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Quark 123 R5 looking around buddies house for lost items. He is moving from 2700 feet of absolute clutter to a 26 foot no sliders trailer. Until he can get a Shop Built and then a house we have STUFFED a mini storage room!
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Unenlightened

Used Fenix TK21 to see which direction the sprinkler is currently facing, then run past.

Flashaholic*

I used my Spark ST6-460NW while replacing timer on washing machine. Love the headlights for hands free illumination.

Mouth held Quark 123 while putting the screws back in a gadget I fixed for a friend. Use moon mode each night to get in my room to my H30!

PBJS

Used my SWM L10R to light up the inside of a cabinet so I could drive some screws. This is one handy little torch!!

In God we trust
    For everyone else we have Smith & Wesson

I use my TK70 as main light source in living room, has not switched on lights in living room for a month now.

Just used my TK41 on turbo to scare off a couple of screaming/fighting tomcats. They woke me up rudely, and I guess most of my neighbors too.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

i used it to hail down the delivery driver that could not figure out where my house was. even tho i had the front light on.

Flashaholic

Used quark xx a2 tactical generously donates by ksbman for...
    - day before. Used moonlight mode to clean baby and change his clothes in his sleep after he wet gis bed since we.forgot to put his diapers.
    - at night used turbo and high to take out trash plus locate and chase a rat in the garage.
    - 2am wife heard some loud weird sound in her sleep. Used turbo to inspect around house and inside rooms. Fortunately nothing dangerous :-)

sent from my mob. Excuse misspelling. thanks!

Enlightened

I got home from work last night and my wife holds up something between her fingers with a sad look on her face. My eye sight isn't all that good so I just shake my head and look like what? "I lost my diamond" ;-(
    So she tells me she used one of my lights to search every where she has been through the house but didn't find it. She also was outside shoveling the walk off earlier since we just had about 3 inches of snow fall.
    I picked up my Fenix E21 off the end table and walked the paths she would have during the day but didn't find it. About an hour later I noticed I had left my phone in my car so I put on my jacket and head out the door.
    I stopped and looked around at all the snow and thought if she lost it out here it's gone for good. What the heck, I pull my Nitecore D10 from it's holster on my belt and begin to look around the steps where she began to shovel. The steps were now covered in ice crystals and looked like a million little diamonds. I get to the bottom step and pan right and see a large twinkling, crystal? Nope too perfectly round. So I bend down and pick it up. YES! I go back in and tell my wife to hold out her hand and I dropped the diamond in her hand. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said OMG I can't believe you found it! I heard that several more times within the next hour so I said to her aren't you glad I have my flashlights now?
    May the light be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raytech
    I got home from work last night and my wife holds up something between her fingers with a sad look on her face. My eye sight isn't all that good so I just shake my head and look like what? "I lost my diamond" ;-(
    So she tells me she used one of my lights to search every where she has been through the house but didn't find it. She also was outside shoveling the walk off earlier since we just had about 3 inches of snow fall.
    I picked up my Fenix E21 off the end table and walked the paths she would have during the day but didn't find it. About an hour later I noticed I had left my phone in my car so I put on my jacket and head out the door.
    I stopped and looked around at all the snow and thought if she lost it out here it's gone for good. What the heck, I pull my Nitecore D10 from it's holster on my belt and begin to look around the steps where she began to shovel. The steps were now covered in ice crystals and looked like a million little diamonds. I get to the bottom step and pan right and see a large twinkling, crystal? Nope too perfectly round. So I bend down and pick it up. YES! I go back in and tell my wife to hold out her hand and I dropped the diamond in her hand. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said OMG I can't believe you found it! I heard that several more times within the next hour so I said to her aren't you glad I have my flashlights now?
    You are soooo in the good books you lucky man.

I used my Fenix TK30 for a night walk to an old WW2 bunker that provides a real nice view over Glasgow.

Last night whilst I was running across a pitch black car park at work I somehow ended up falling flat on my face (yes, it was hilarious). Luckily nothing was damaged so I used my duty light (Fenix TK21) to check myself over for injuries/damage to equipment. I had only grazed my arm and there was a paramedic there looking for someone else, so I used my light to help the paramedic find the right kit in his bag, and then clean the gravel out of my arm.

My wife and I have matching reading lamps on each side our bed. Mine died around a month ago and I haven't replaced it yet using my flashlights in lantern mode instead. Come to think it, I don't think I've even replaced my battery either!

Well it was last night, I was working on some training senarios at our firing range with 2 others that had lights, some cheapy China lights with about 2-3 yds of good light each maybe! I had my TN11 in the truck I went to get it and reprogrammed the 2nd mode to very low and came back with it on, it was very dim, they made a comment as to an expensive light like that being so dim and their's was a much better deal. I turned it off and tightened the head to max and layed it down on a bench in a few minutes asked JD to bring it to me he turned it on as I expected and almost dropped it when the very bright light came on, "OMG" was about what he said! He could not put it down, it lit up the 200 meter impact area fine and really was too bright to use as close as we were working, a funny great experience that really got the attention on a non believer.

Used my ThruNite TI last night about 2:00am on firefly (0.04 lumen) mode to get out of my bedroom stealthily and take my dog out to use the bathroom using the full 60 lumen mode. I love this light. Wife never cracked an eyelid.

Good one varmint!!

I was over at my folks place this morning doing some painting when their neighbour knocked and asked if he could borrow a flashlight to do some work on his electrical panel. I had my new SWM edc's but got him an UF out of my truck, about 250 lumens on high, 100 on low. He came back an hour later and commented " Holy frickin hell that thing is bright!!" My response was that it was one of my cheapie's, next time I'll lend him a real light.
    Last edited by cummins4x4; 01-13-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: speling

In God we trust

My name is Ron, and I AM a flashaholic. # 102
    I just got in from using my V10R T6 to check out the water pump and thermostat placement on my 2500 Cummins. I got some PM work I want to do. With 190,000 miles I feel it's time to shape up the cooling system with a new water pump and thermostat. I'm getting a Nitecore headband so I can use the V10R while I work.

Tonight just fed cattle,horses and dogs and just came inside to warm up, the weather here is clear and cold tonight, I took the Derrelite vbs, I even had the wow factor! I could not be more pleased with a light.

After installing the radiator, intercooler, transmission cooler and steering cooler I looked everywhere using P2D for the last intercooler clamp.

Never found it. Have a Hose clamp now, but I know if I boost it it'll never hold!

2003 RAM 2500 Cummins. Around 220K and going strong!

PBJS

Used my V10R to look in the crawlspace for a heater, gonna be -20C here tonight.
    Good to hear from some other Cummins enthusiasts here. My heavily modded 2000 has 335 thousand kilometres on it which is well over 200k miles.

In God we trust

Just did find a use for an old Stinger!

Barbequed a Skeeter with it!

PBJS

Read bedtimes stories to my kids with my PC10 on 1 lumen.

Wink2 Re: What did you use your flashlight for today?

Quote Originally Posted by ninemm View Post
    Hey CPF!

I thought maybe we could get a rolling thread started. Just let everyone know one or more things you used your lights for on the calendar date you are posting.

Feel free to use the below posting format, or if you only have time for a quick one liner that's alright too.

Flashlight: RA Clicky High CRI
    Used For: The low low setting on my RA was used to check on my injured pup while she was resting. Didn't even know I was looking in on her.

So, what have you used your lights for today?
    I used my mod'd SF 6PD to clear out a posse of scavenging raccoons from my trash receptacle.

Quote Originally Posted by buds224 View Post
    Read bedtimes stories to my kids with my PC10 on 1 lumen.
    Damn! I think a single candle puts out more lumens than that.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Technically, this was yesterday evening:

I went for a run and brought my Maelstrom G5. There's a nice flat stretch of closed off road nearby, but the street lighting is kind of lacking and there are horse apples lying around on the sidewalk/bicycle path so I need something to spot them from a distance. I also like to see who's sneaking up on me (although so far noone has tried and I have only managed to scare the local birds guanoless).

On this occasion I discovered the hard way, that aluminum bodied flashlights are less than ideal when it's cold outside and you hold them in an ungloved hand (duh!). My next purchase will be a plastic bodied Fenix or a Surefire G2X Tac.

Now if only I could find a flashlight, that could make me move my butt faster than 10 minutes per mile/6 minutes per kilometer. Maybe I should get someone to chase me with my 6D Maglite. That ought to do wonders for my motivation.
    Fenix LD01 (XP-E R2), Fenix LD20 (XR-E Q5), Olight M20S (XP-G R5), Jetbeam RRT-0 (XP-G R5), Maelstrom G5 (XP-G R5), Maelstrom X7 (XM-L T6), Wolf-Eyes Krait (XM-L T6), Mag 4D/6D (incan), Mini Mag 2AA (incan), Photon Proton Pro UV, Mammut Lucido TXlite

Flashaholic

Used my ZL51 to make sure the heater was set correctly before going to bed. It was.

Quote Originally Posted by cummins4x4 View Post
    Used my V10R to look in the crawlspace for a heater, gonna be -20C here tonight.
    Good to hear from some other Cummins enthusiasts here. My heavily modded 2000 has 335 thousand kilometres on it which is well over 200k miles.

I got my 2x4 Cummins/2500 in 97, modded with Banks and Goerend tranny mods. She's a keeper. Great truck! It even has it's own Nitecore EX11.2 which fits nicely in the ashtray and a 2D LED Mag which really doesn't get used to much thanks to the EX.

Flashaholic

Lying in another room atm sick. Using quark xx aa2 tactical given by ksbman as bedside lamp in this room.
    Used it 5 mins ago on moonlight to navigate house plus conect kids electric car in power outlet.
    Moonlight and low mode (2.7 lumens) mode is priceless. Now I know what it is all about.
    Thnks again ksbman!!!

Edit: wife just came to see me all worried hearing water outside. We are having a severe drought amd having only 3 hrs water per day. She thought kid let tap open. Used quark on high/turbo to illuminate backyard through window and its pitch dark. Fortunately, it was the water drain...;-)
    sent from my mob. Excuse misspelling. thanks!
    Last edited by SuLyMaN; 01-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Enlightened

I knocked over a plastic bowl of M&M's and used the Fenix PD-20 to help grand-daughter find and pickup.
    "The Flogging Shall Continue Until Morale Improves!"

Pelican M6, ran some speaker wires in basement. I was having trouble finding the holes I drilled in the floor so I turned it on faced it down through the holds then turned the lights off in the basement. Made finding the holes pretty darn easy!!

Page 60 of 151 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110 ... LastLast