• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Forward Clicky Logan

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG0027-1.jpg

2XAA SS Peak Logan XP-G R5 with Judco Switch

The Logan is built on the same head used on the older Peak McKinley. But it shares battery compartments with these Peak CR-123A based lights: the Glacier Bay, Atlantic, Caribbean, Mediterranean, and the Ranier.

The Caribbean was also available in a 2XAA format, and in Brass, HAIII, and SS. The Brass and HAIII battery compartments are produced from bar stock, but the SS is machined from SS tube. The tail end of the 2XAA SS is tapped and fitted with an adapter to hold either a keychain post or a momentary switch. Remove that adapter and you find the female threads at the tail end of the tube will also accept the Judco forward clicky switch which is standard on Peak's LEO lights.

Except for the fact it isn't brass, the Judco is a very nice switch and with a slight depression also works well as a momentary.

Note that this won't work with any of the Logan CR-123A compartments since they are too large in diameter for the Judco. It also won't work with the 2XAA battery compartments in brass or HAIII because when these are turned from bar stock they are tapped to accept only the smaller diameter keychain post / momentary assemblies, and are therefore too small in diameter for the Judco. .

Last edited:

MWClint

Enlightened
oh nice.. never knew the 2xAA Bodies could accept a judco. that really opens
up the "possiblities of interesting stuff" since that thread is fairly common.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
very nice.......extra run time...I am enjoying my #7 Logan a lot.:D

I was looking at the brass Logan #7. Sweet pocket light & like the momentary switch for it (in brass).

How is the runtime & if you have seen a #8, how does it compare to it for brightness.

Any guess as to output?

Any comparisons (to more mundane lights :) will be helpful.

Thanks.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I have had many Peaks- this one is my favorite now- with the possible exception of my Night Patrol P4. I am guessing almost 100 Lumens- I only want to run primaries in it...the only LiIon's I have kept are my AW IMR 18650's. The #8 SS Eiger got too warm for my taste with the 10440's- so did the HA. I think they upgraded the lens material to something much more "substantial" than the thinner lexan(?) polycarb they were using in the Eiger- that is very welcome IMO. The tint is slightly warm- I prefer more to the cool side-but the color rendition is better- just my 2 cents.

Curt R

Enlightened
I did a little run time testing this weekend with a #8 Logan.

With the CR123A Lithium battery it started at 1920 Foot Candles of light output. At 30 minutes it was 1701 fc,
at 60 minutes-1501 fc, (strange, nn01 again), at 70 minutes 1234 fc. Then it started to rapidly decline at a steady
pace to 69 fc at 160 minutes.

With a AW RCR123A Lithium-Ion battery the start was 2870 fc and at 25 minutes it was 1830 fc. Stopped
the test at that point, no need to hurt a good battery.

With two AA Kirkland batteries from Cosco, (just as good as the name brand stuff), The start was 1920 fc, again a
3 volt power supply. At 30 minutes it was at 1493 fc and at 60 minutes 1261 fc. The decline was steady
to 85 fc at 160 minutes.

Restarted the two AA battery test 16 hours later with the same batteries that I ran down. The start
was 1182 fc and a steady decline to 121 fc at 30 minutes.

When I get a chance I'll try to run some test with other power levels in the Logan. This is using the Cree
XP-G R5 LED. The power draw from the RCR123A battery was at 6 watts with a drive to the LED at about
1.2 to 1.3 Amps.

Some of us remember just several years ago the Arc LS with a Lux I was unbelievability bright at 260 plus fc.

Curt

Curt R

Enlightened
Dances made a statement that the Judco switch will not work with the Hard Anodized or Brass 2 x AA
battery compartments. Yes they will. All 2 x AA battery compartments in stock have the removable tail
part that can use the Peak momentary switch or the removable key ring adapter. And by removing the
tail adapter, the Judco switch will screw right in.

At this point in time however, the Aluminum 2 x AA bodies that we have are not Anodized yet.

Curt