• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The FredLarryLight

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
My buddy Migs :kiss: had a momentary lapse of reason, and thought it'd be a good idea to give me an old LarryLight mod. It's a Larry-made head (with a sweet cut and polished reflector), to fit a Larry-modded CMG body. A LarryLight has always embodied CPF's community spirit of sharing and ingenuity, and remains unobtanium (and largely unknown to the vast majority of CPF).

Fred :bow: agreed to take a look at it and see what he could do, and decided to make a new body to fit Larry's head :duh2: and came up with the following design.

Before:
20100316058sm.jpg

After:
img068sm.jpg

What else can I say but :drool: :rock: :party:...

It's got some sort of LED in it :D and a GD750 driver, so it's a purdy little rocket.

I love this light, and can't say enough thanks to Migs :buddies: :wave: (don't show this to Onion!), and to Fred (I am constantly in awe of your work and your willingness to take into consideration your customers' thoughts and ideas), and Larry (even though you didn't have a choice in the matter! :nana:)... three CPF greats, for sure. :twothumbs

:thumbsup: john

greenLED

Flashaholic
A LarryLight has always embodied CPF's community spirit of sharing and ingenuity, and remains unobtanium (and largely unknown to the vast majority of CPF).
...and it was in that spirit that I passed it on to you, my dear Friend!

Just to supplement what John's said about the light, the head was originally made by Larry to match *perfectly* with a Lux emission profile. The reflector is soooo *perfect* that you can see the gold wires projected onto the beam... beyond words...

The body is a CMG Infinity Task light body bored and re-threaded to take a 123 (something so absolutely crazy only Larry would attempt). :nana: It also sports an original 2-stage switch at the bottom of the battery tube (like the ones used in his original CR2 designs and the FireFly). The original light engine to go into that light was a classic, short-stacked sammie (max height of 0.2") with an R-bin Lux emitter, powered by a MM+ board.

Over the years, and in the spirit of modding, I decided to shorten the tail; a job I never quite finished (that's why it doesn't look like a stock CMG tail). The idea was that John could finish that part, but he went above and beyond simple modding. There's enough "meat" back there to have a flat bottom battery tube (I think), in case he gets the modding bug.

:sssh: (What John doesn't know is that Onion has the matching pair; she guards it fiercely.)

J, I cannot imagine how bright that light might be with a 750 driver and new tech emitter... :drool:

Hat's off to Fred for the gorgeous new body.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
The skill, ingenuity, craftsmanship, and attention to detail shown by those on this forum never cease to amaze me... CPF is a special place that I am humbled to be a very small part of, even though only as an appreciator and collector. :grouphug: :thumbsup:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Unless I'm mistaken, the light now uses a CR2, not a CR123.

I may be mistaken too, as I just saw Ma Shaw mod one for a CR2.
This was where I got it:

"Just to supplement what John's said about the light, the head was originally made by Larry to match *perfectly* with a Lux emission profile. The reflector is soooo *perfect* that you can see the gold wires projected onto the beam... beyond words...

The body is a CMG Infinity Task light body bored and re-threaded to take a 123 (something so absolutely crazy only Larry would attempt). "

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Yup - new body is a CR2. :) Sorry for my lack of responding - had a rock'n'roll show to play last night. :rock: (ok, wimpy folk music, but still...)

:thumbsup: john

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
He REBORED a CMG Infinity? So the walls were PAPER thin? It looked awesome originally and down right puuurdy now

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred,

Could you do this to a Muyshondt Aeon? Or, can I commission you to make make me a small CR-2 light? I love CR-2 size lights.

Hi Ned,

Assuming you have a Ti Aeon, I could make a battery tube similar to the one I did for John that would match fairly well.

I'll send an e-mail.