Am I the only one who likes led hats?

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
I own two different models of the Panthereyes led ballcaps.
The original just has one mode , on/off with one led ; the newer one has three modes , low , med ,high with one < two < three leds.

I use them mainly when fishing at night because I like the UI , a simple button on the brim , and because they don't disturb my night vision.

I know that a lot of cpfers look down on the nichia style leds and the coin cell batts but these hats work well and they are cheap and easy to find . I got mine at lowes.

I like the original model better because on the newer ones you have to cycle through all the modes .

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
I like the Panthereyes hats as well. I have two. The first one has two leds with the switch under the brim. The second hat has six leds in the brim and one red led built into the battery back. The battery pack holds three AAA and is on the back of the hat. I has several modes. The UI is such that you don't have to toggle through all the settings every time you turn it on. The second hat I wear quite a lot.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for one with two strobe modes and a crenelated brim (tactical brim) for self-defense purposes. This will be my EDC hat.

OCD

Enlightened
I've been eyeing one of these up for a while now. I bought a cheap clip-on hat bill led lights which worked very well until one of the clips broke off!

My main uses for one of these would be for the few times I go camping and have to set up a tent in the dark and for climbing in and out of my deer stand.

I know a headlamp my be a better option, but I live in a ball cap outside of work and a headlamp seems like it would be a hassle on a hat.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been eyeing one of these up for a while now. I bought a cheap clip-on hat bill led lights which worked very well until one of the clips broke off!

My main uses for one of these would be for the few times I go camping and have to set up a tent in the dark and for climbing in and out of my deer stand.

I know a headlamp my be a better option, but I live in a ball cap outside of work and a headlamp seems like it would be a hassle on a hat.

Not when you have a Zebralight headlamp such as this H501. It took less than 5 minutes to attach an elastic band to this hat to hold the light.
IMG_4994.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
Not when you have a Zebralight headlamp such as this H501. It took less than 5 minutes to attach an elastic band to this hat to hold the light.
IMG_4994.jpg

I like this. Very functional and gives me an excuse to buy another light! :whistle:

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
I will admit that I am one of "those People" that bought a ballcap(craftsman) with led's in it. It's not that practical, just another excuse to have something with led's in it.:D

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I use this hat with light every night for bug collecting. Much easier to put on and take off than a headlamp.

HatLamp-4.jpg

I am not as stone faced when I wear it and I realize I might look a bit goofy but what the heck! :D

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The new black & decker $10 swivel light clips nicely on a cap. If you clip it under the brim you can swivel it to point straight down and changing out the 5mm LEDs isn't hard if you can solder. The 22 lumen half watt LED puts out a decent but not perfect flood.

jkilo

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the Lowes panther eyes. One angry blue 5mm in the end of the bill, and 2 3mm under the brim, pointing down. Works fantastic at the plant, baseball caps are required, and that makes headlights useless for anything in front of your face.

I plan to change the coin cell crap out, with a protected 14500 perhaps. Anyone looked into that?

DaveG

Enlightened
I just used a Panther eyes two led on a night fishing trip,worked out better than I thought it would.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use this hat with light every night for bug collecting. Much easier to put on and take off than a headlamp.

I am not as stone faced when I wear it and I realize I might look a bit goofy but what the heck! :D

I do the same, but my light doesn't look quite as nice:D

Works great with a HDS or Surefire E1L/L1.

Think the smaller Quarks work great for this as well.

Sverre