Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fyrstormer's Evil Labs are proud to present...

Default Re: Fyrstormer's Evil Labs are proud to present...

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that you are using R123 Li-Ion batteries to achieve these drive levels?
    Yes. I assume CR123 primaries would also work, as I used to own a Fenix P1D Q5 that ran this "hot" and it only worked with primaries, but I don't know what these lights' runtimes would be on primaries.

I have read claims of 1000 mA to a LED off a CR123 but with my test equipment and the converters I have had to work with, I never saw that much current get to the LED even though I tried. If you can get 750 mA or 1000 mA to the LED from a CR123 for any reasonable length of time, good on you.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

All the better that the GDuP drivers are RCR123-compatible, then.

I know from testing with my multimeter that a CR123 can output a couple of amps when fully-charged, but I never really bothered to see how quickly they dropped off since I only use CR123s in lights that sip electricity, because I hate throwing away batteries.

Were your tests using boost-only drivers, or buck-boost drivers? I've heard that boost-only drivers are more efficient, though how much I don't know off-hand.

Well, I've been using the LSC20 for a week straight, and I'm still satisfied with its performance. Since Level 3 on the GDuP is the only level that is higher-powered than the stock driver, that's the only one I've bothered testing aside from just making sure it works at all, though I have used the lower modes as appropriate when I've actually been using the light instead of testing it. I loaned it to a relative while they were working on their car and it came back to me warm and oily, but otherwise fine. I'm pretty sure they had it on Level 3 for a good half-hour, maybe with some quick shutoffs when they went in the garage to get tools. I think 750mA is a good compromise between improved brightness and the smaller heatsink mass of the LS20.

Very nice!

Hard to believe this was six years ago. I still have the LSC27 that I used to test this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Hard to believe this was six years ago. I still have the LSC27 that I used to test this mod.
    Mod the central "throw" emitter to an XPL-Hi and send it to me for further testing.

.... and its about time that the Fyrstormer Evil Labs came up with another revolutionary idea!
    In layman's terms, "theory" means an idea. However "scientific theory" is fact because it requires proof.

Heh. For the past three years, this is what Fyrstormer's Evil Labs has been working on:

This doesn't include race car chassis that I built just to admire them, even though I have no place to run them.

That's a mighty impressive collection. Even though cars are not really my thing, I can see that.
    In layman's terms, "theory" means an idea. However "scientific theory" is fact because it requires proof.

We won't get into the amount of money spent on upgrade parts.

Popcorn Re: Fyrstormer's Evil Labs are proud to present...

No need to mod the thrower portion to an xpl for easilyled. I'll take that prototype LSC27 off your hands just as it is. I need it to test against my "new"' LS20C that I just bought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12