Maxpedition - Bags and Packs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW DURACELL ULTRA AA LITHUIM

Default NEW DURACELL ULTRA AA LITHUIM

Hi, just saw an add for the new Duracell AA ultra lithium [ primary] battery. cant find much info about this on battery review sites, maybe too new, only just been released apparently, just wondered if any body else has come across this yet and is it better than the energizer lithium. They say it is the most powerful lithium AA battery yet useing M3 technology what ever that is ? I wonder what the miliamps is rated at ?. Anybody know anything else about this battery.

Default Re: NEW DURACELL ULTRA AA LITHUIM

I went on Duracell's website hoping to find a spec sheet but couldn't find anything. It probably is too new like you said.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Interesting. Googling duracell + LF1500 finds some sketchy info. They are available in Australia and Germany/Austria, price comparable to Energizer L91's, claim to last 6x longer than alkalines, which I guess positions it slightly below the L91 ("7x"). There is an MSDS saying it is a Li FeS2 cell like the L91.

Thanks Carrot and Paulr, I will see if I can find some and try them out. I'm in oz by the way [south oz].

I remember Energizer had some sort of patent preventing other companies from selling L91 cells in the U.S. Did that patent expire? Or, was the patent only in the United States?
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

maybe not available in the states yet? you can get your hands on these on ebay though

http://cgi.ebay.com/20x-Duracell-CR1...ht_2300wt_1137

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo 24 View Post
    maybe not available in the states yet? you can get your hands on these on ebay though

http://cgi.ebay.com/20x-Duracell-CR1...ht_2300wt_1137
    You linked to fake Duracell CR123A batteries, they are not genuine Duracell nor are they AA format.

Quote Originally Posted by mfm View Post
    You linked to fake Duracell CR123A batteries, they are not genuine Duracell nor are they AA format.
    im confused on how you know they are fake? they have oem packaging and according to the wikipedia article, the lithium series batteries are manufactured outside of the US. If you click on the seller, they sell a variety of other size batteries too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo 24 View Post
    im confused on how you know they are fake? they have oem packaging and according to the wikipedia article, the lithium series batteries are manufactured outside of the US. If you click on the seller, they sell a variety of other size batteries too.
    Because I have seen the volumes of fake Duracell CR123A batteries in the streets of Hong Kong.

Also, I think someone sent their package from HKasiaMall to Duracell that came to the conclusion that the cells were fake.

Ironic Re: NEW DURACELL ULTRA AA LITHUIM

they might not be fakes, as duracell packaging in Taiwan looks almost just like that....but either way thats not what this threads inquiring on. we're talking about AA's, like energizer AA lithiums "L91/L92" Lithium cells, NOT Cr123As

here is a blurb about the release from a few months back..
    http://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/blog...-aa-batteries/
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Unenlightened

Looks like these are available now!

http://professional.duracell.com/en/ultra-lithium

http://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/pno/lf1500-x4.html

Datasheet:

http://professional.duracell.com/dow...Lithium_AA.pdf

Any experiences yet? Are these as good or even better as Energizer lithiums?

I did not know they were new a few months back when i purchased 24 in a box from a supplier here in Oz they were cheap compared to a local store also , and i can not recall who it was yet . but no trouble from them here , in a thirsty camera and a D11 with drain! .
    I've seen em!

I still had the link in favorites , hollyshock - batteries , the bulk link , but i got it wrong after relooking , it was 24 normal ultras and a couple of cards of the Lithium , the 2+2 cards and prices seem to have gone up from then too. look up just on the link to AA .

(no affiliation with them either)
    I've seen em!

Glad to know Duracell is making primary AA lithium as well. Hope its cheaper than Energizer L91!

I see both the Duracell Bunny and Duracell Lithium AA's...somehow, I don't think the site is intended for US visitors. I thought Duracell Lithium AA's have been out for a while outside of the US?

As far as I know Duracell didn't release these in the US because Energizer's patent is still valid of a few more years. Once that expires every manufacturer will have a version out.

Quote Originally Posted by Makitamike View Post
    As far as I know Duracell didn't release these in the US because Energizer's patent is still valid of a few more years. Once that expires every manufacturer will have a version out.
    That doesn't sound good for consumers....a patent to stop other competitors from releasing a similar or competitive product in US.
    Meaning if Sanyo or other manufacturers have a primary lithium AA, they can't sell it in US?

It's the same with prescription drugs, that's why generics aren't immediately available. It's to ensure that the manufacturers get back their R&D costs.

Quote Originally Posted by flame2000 View Post
    That doesn't sound good for consumers....a patent to stop other competitors from releasing a similar or competitive product in US.
    Meaning if Sanyo or other manufacturers have a primary lithium AA, they can't sell it in US?
    The US has stricter patent protection than a lot of other countries so we end up paying more and longer for products that other countries get for cheap. I would like to see how cheap they can make and sell lithium AAs for myself. If they can make and sell them for $1 each then when energizer's patent expires it could get interesting as less alkaline batteries litter store shelves
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by flame2000 View Post
    You spend a few hundred K or more on R and D and have someone making their own equivalent after ~50k in reverse engineering and some analytical chemistry((or just reading the patent )) , and undercutting you at 75% of the price and making a bigger profit margin. Now thats really not good for consumers as companies just wait for someone to spend the money and then take their idea

And Sanyo and Duracell can both sell primary lithium AA's, they just cant be lithium iron disulfide cells, if they find a new chemestry that isnt covered under the scope of energizer's patent, they can sell those.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=sGX...ulfide&f=false is the patent if youre curious, Claims are on page 9, and actually shows a lot of technical information about whats inside the cell rather then "some black crap, lithium foil, and a black rod" like you'd find opening it up.

However, in places where energizer's patent has expired, or they didnt get a patent, duracell and everyone can have at it, selling them there.

OK, now I got it. Thanks for the explanation on the patent thing!
    I was just looking from a consumer point of view.....cheap for everyone of us!

If you look at how duracell and energizer DON'T compete in pricing, they only compete in hype (runtime)... I don't expect duracell to be very competitive in lithium AAs here when energizers patent expires as they tend to want more than energizer at times for the same class of batteries. I could see rayovac sporting a better price but even then I would not expect more than 1/3 cheaper. Perhaps lithium advanced type of batteries at $5/4 pack and ultras for $7.50/4pack which IMO doesn't inspire me to buy them readily as the pricing is still to close to LSD nimh. I figure maybe in time you will see costco, walgreens, etc.. generic lithiums sold in 20 packs for $15 or so then things will start to roll but also with the drug makers that poses a serious problem at stores restricting the sale of lithium AAs in large quantity does raise the cost back up some.

Hi, I just purchased a 4 pack of AA Duracell Ultra Lithium batteries for AU$10.00 from Kmart here in Albany Western Australia. Energizer Lithium 4 pack are AU$22.00. I would like to see a comparsion between them to see which is the best. Looked on YouTube but cant find a compare.
    Regards radar45
    ALBANY 6330 WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by radar45 View Post
    Hi, I just purchased a 4 pack of AA Duracell Ultra Lithium batteries for AU$10.00 from Kmart here in Albany Western Australia. Energizer Lithium 4 pack are AU$22.00. I would like to see a comparsion between them to see which is the best. Looked on YouTube but cant find a compare.
    I would say the duracell is the best.... because it is $3 cheaper per battery

Flashaholic

Yeah.. Interesting to know! let us know when somebody can get to a conclusion.... Duracell or Energizer?

Quote Originally Posted by radar45 View Post
    That's a huge difference in price!
    Love the Duracell pricing. Hope the cell is just as good!

I bought these at the end of 2010 when I first saw them at the 24 hour Kmart at Casula, Sydney (Hi-five if you go here too!). I gave my girlfriend an old AA 120 lumen light (single mode) with a fresh pair of these batteries and she's been using that light for over 7 months daily (non-flashaholic use) with the initial pair of Duracell Lithiums. I'd say they perform just as well as L91s.
    I took this picture just a few weeks ago, looks like Kmart has the best price around for lithiums. I checked around and these run for $20 at Coles supermarket.
    I still have a pair with little use from 7 months ago. It measures 1.72v on my DMM even though the packaging/wrapper says 1.5v. Strangely, the exp date says March 2024; I thought lithiums have 10 year shelf life?

These type of Lithiums have a minimum shelf life of 10 years, and obviously they seem to go beyond that minimum.

Cool pics/info CheepSteal, I hope that Duracell can release those in the US for less than half the price too.

Like Energizer, these cells are good for 15 years.