NEW DURACELL ULTRA AA LITHUIM

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
Hi, just saw an add for the new Duracell AA ultra lithium [ primary] battery. cant find much info about this on battery review sites, maybe too new, only just been released apparently, just wondered if any body else has come across this yet and is it better than the energizer lithium. They say it is the most powerful lithium AA battery yet useing M3 technology what ever that is ? I wonder what the miliamps is rated at ?. Anybody know anything else about this battery.:sssh:

carrot

Flashaholic
I went on Duracell's website hoping to find a spec sheet but couldn't find anything. It probably is too new like you said.

paulr

Flashaholic
Interesting. Googling duracell + LF1500 finds some sketchy info. They are available in Australia and Germany/Austria, price comparable to Energizer L91's, claim to last 6x longer than alkalines, which I guess positions it slightly below the L91 ("7x"). There is an MSDS saying it is a Li FeS2 cell like the L91.

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Carrot and Paulr, I will see if I can find some and try them out. I'm in oz by the way [south oz].

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember Energizer had some sort of patent preventing other companies from selling L91 cells in the U.S. Did that patent expire? Or, was the patent only in the United States?

Gallo 24

Newly Enlightened
You linked to fake Duracell CR123A batteries, they are not genuine Duracell nor are they AA format.

im confused on how you know they are fake? they have oem packaging and according to the wikipedia article, the lithium series batteries are manufactured outside of the US. If you click on the seller, they sell a variety of other size batteries too.

mfm

Enlightened
im confused on how you know they are fake? they have oem packaging and according to the wikipedia article, the lithium series batteries are manufactured outside of the US. If you click on the seller, they sell a variety of other size batteries too.
Because I have seen the volumes of fake Duracell CR123A batteries in the streets of Hong Kong.

Also, I think someone sent their package from HKasiaMall to Duracell that came to the conclusion that the cells were fake.

Illum

Flashaholic
they might not be fakes, as duracell packaging in Taiwan looks almost just like that....but either way thats not what this threads inquiring on. we're talking about AA's, like energizer AA lithiums "L91/L92" Lithium cells, NOT Cr123As

Obalux

Newly Enlightened
Looks like these are available now!

4444599493_0a33896a91.jpg

http://professional.duracell.com/en/ultra-lithium

http://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/pno/lf1500-x4.html

Datasheet:

http://professional.duracell.com/downloads/datasheets/product/Ultra Lithium/Ultra-Lithium_AA.pdf

Any experiences yet? Are these as good or even better as Energizer lithiums?

HooNz

Enlightened
I did not know they were new a few months back when i purchased 24 in a box from a supplier here in Oz they were cheap compared to a local store also , and i can not recall who it was yet . but no trouble from them here , in a thirsty camera and a D11 with drain! .

HooNz

Enlightened
I still had the link in favorites , hollyshock - batteries , the bulk link , but i got it wrong after relooking , it was 24 normal ultras and a couple of cards of the Lithium , the 2+2 cards and prices seem to have gone up from then too. look up just on the link to AA .

(no affiliation with them either)

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see both the Duracell Bunny and Duracell Lithium AA's...somehow, I don't think the site is intended for US visitors. I thought Duracell Lithium AA's have been out for a while outside of the US?

Makitamike

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know Duracell didn't release these in the US because Energizer's patent is still valid of a few more years. Once that expires every manufacturer will have a version out.

flame2000

Enlightened
As far as I know Duracell didn't release these in the US because Energizer's patent is still valid of a few more years. Once that expires every manufacturer will have a version out.

That doesn't sound good for consumers....a patent to stop other competitors from releasing a similar or competitive product in US. :(
Meaning if Sanyo or other manufacturers have a primary lithium AA, they can't sell it in US?

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the same with prescription drugs, that's why generics aren't immediately available. It's to ensure that the manufacturers get back their R&D costs.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
That doesn't sound good for consumers....a patent to stop other competitors from releasing a similar or competitive product in US. :(
Meaning if Sanyo or other manufacturers have a primary lithium AA, they can't sell it in US?

The US has stricter patent protection than a lot of other countries so we end up paying more and longer for products that other countries get for cheap. I would like to see how cheap they can make and sell lithium AAs for myself. If they can make and sell them for $1 each then when energizer's patent expires it could get interesting as less alkaline batteries litter store shelves