• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD: Polished Nickel Silver & Flame Colored Copper Mokume Gane Killer

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, this light has been sold.

Basically, this is another Mokume Gane Killer AAA Light--composed of two metals--nickel silver and copper.

Once the light was machined, it was heavily etched and then the copper's color was deepened with a torch. Of course, that left an oxide layer on the nickel silver, too, but due to the deep etch, I could machine down the nickel silver, leaving it bright and shiny, without touching the copper at all.

The net result:

Polished%20NS%20MG%20Final-1.jpg

Polished%20NS%20MG%20Final-2.jpg

Polished%20NS%20MG%20Final-3.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the Killer AAA lights, it uses a 5-die 5mm LED driven at 90mA, which provides about 15-18 lumens. The battery can be any AAA from 1.2-1.8V and the light comes with an eneloop rechargeable AAA installed. The light is O-ring sealed for waterproofness.

This particular light has been coated with Protectaclear, which will keep the copper from oxidizing for years. It can be removed with a commonly available solvent, however, should you want to do so.

Price: $500, delivered world-wide via EMS shipping.

For insurance or other mail service, please PM, or e-mail me. Any loss due to non-delivery by the Post Office will be your responsibility, unless you have paid for insurance.

PayPal cash to: PayCashPal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal with credit card to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Since PayPal often does not forward your payment details, please send an e-mail to fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com detailing what you are ordering.

Thanks.

P.S.: The original WIP thread.

Last edited:

E-J-J

Enlightened
Re: Polished Nickel Silver & Flame Colored Copper Mokume Gane Killer

Wow!!
This is a too beautiful work :faint:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Awesome, as usual.

Bill

ps. How is steering silver one going? LOL.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool of you to offer one of these amazing MG creations on the Marketplace Fred! :thumbsup:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened

I've lusted after these magnificent MG creations for months, and I cannot resist, so :takeit:

Please PM me with insurance costs for shipping to Australia so I l know how much to PP to you.

Thanks,

Greg C
Australia

Last edited: