Cheap diffuser

matt_o

Newly Enlightened
I was looking around the house for something I could use as a diffuser for my E2DL. I found that the caps off of my 1 pound camping size propane tanks worked perfectly. They fit my E2DL and my Jet 1 Pro V3.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I took these pictures at the same exposure so you can see that it lowers the overall output considerably, but diffused the beam really well. This is the E2DL on high output in both shots in a completely dark room.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The inside diameter of the caps is hard to measure since they are pretty flexible, but the outside diameter of the E2DL is pretty close to 1" and the Jetbeam is about 10 thousandths bigger. The caps fit well on both though. Anyone looking for a cheap diffuser, give it a shot!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Those caps also fit over the tailcap of the E2DL. I get the black ones for that so the light doesn't scuff things up when in my gear bag.

lumenosity

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys! this saved me a few dollars. I was looking for a diffuser for my aa rebel mini mag and a water bottle cap top fits perfectly :grin2:

prof student

Enlightened
Anyone.....anyone....? Cheap diffuser for SL Strion? Anyone.........?

Last edited:

Mange

Newly Enlightened
Ha Ha I just went out and tore apart my garage to find one of those caps for my Jetbeam....works good Thanks..:wave:

Last edited:

UpChUcK

Enlightened
Don't forget the Chapstick caps for your ITP A3 EOS and Maratac AAA lights.

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

The Lip Butter caps gives a warmer light and allows more light to pass. There's a ridge on the inside of the caps that snaps onto the grove on the light bezel for a solid fit.