Well, I've been selling off my best lights...

curtispdx

Enlightened
Why? Dunno, but in the last few months I've sold some sweet lights and I'm not really replacing them. (Two LED Zeppelins, a Milky, a Gatlight, a Megalennium, and I just mailed off a JHanko EX10 today.)

The only thing that interests me nowadays is the Surefire E series and I think I've got enough of those too...

Is the flashahol wearing off?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think things slow down a bit after a while when you start to find the lights that actually suit or needs. I have settled for Surefire 6P lights lately and find these lights with suitable drop ins suit most of my needs. My Ra Clicky 140Cn only gets used for low mode use these days.

Maybe when the next cycle of emitter upgrades hits the stores your enthusiasm may improve!!

James....:thumbsup:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went through a similar phase a few months back. I was preparing financially for a life changing situation, however now that I am back on my feet my flashaholicism is back in full force :D

In the past 3 weeks alone I have purchased:
Malkoff M61
Malkoff MD3
Surefire Z2-S
McGizmo Haiku XP-G Warm BB
GatLight

I think there is some more to add on the list... :thinking:
I can't remember :laughing:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It comes in waves. I've been on a buying binge lately after a few quiet years purchase wise. I'm partial to Surefire incans myself. Lately I've picked up an A2, E2e, E2x, M3, C3, 12ZM, M6, and M3T.

SFfanman

Enlightened
I went through a similar phase a few months back. I was preparing financially for a life changing situation, however now that I am back on my feet my flashaholicism is back in full force :D

In the past 3 weeks alone I have purchased:
Malkoff M61
Malkoff MD3
Surefire Z2-S
McGizmo Haiku XP-G Warm BB
GatLight

I think there is some more to add on the list... :thinking:
I can't remember :laughing:

A Tri-V? :whistle: :devil:

Illum

Flashaholic
its wise in this day and age to turn as much assets into fluid cash...
though most people reinvest it elsewhere soon after:)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately I've sold some of my "shelf queens" and plan to sell some of my small Ti lights that don't get used. I'm on more of a user mode at the moment. I love this hobby because you can so easily switch the focus of your collecting and yet still be within the same realm of flashlights.

afraidofdark

Enlightened
+1 on the incans. I still love them LEDs but I've been piling up more than a few of the ole yellow'n'hot ones lately (A2s, G2 P60, D3 P90, ROP ...)

curtispdx

Enlightened
Perhaps you're just getting more practical/discerning in your approach to flashlights? :thinking:

BTW still feeling the love for that A2 I picked up from you ;)

Glad you're enjoying the A2. I saw the all-LED version at the local gunshow and liked it enough to look at the price. (Uh, no, but it's a nice light...)

This thing I'm about to say next should have my CPF credentials revoked: I offered to buy my wife a vacuum with my Paypal balance. :eek: (She said no.)

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you're enjoying the A2. I saw the all-LED version at the local gunshow and liked it enough to look at the price. (Uh, no, but it's a nice light...)

This thing I'm about to say next should have my CPF credentials revoked: I offered to buy my wife a vacuum with my Paypal balance. :eek: (She said no.)
:banned::banned:
At least your wife had the good sense to refuse the vacuum cleaner!!

James...:naughty:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
tools not toys,

sell the expensive shelf/safe queens, keep the practical useable light sources.

a new led/emitter is no doubt around the corner that will make the sst 50/90s look weak,

check back soon :twothumbs

signal 13

Enlightened
I went through the same thing. I downsized to some bare essentials. Then bought some more stuff I didn't really need. I think for some the flashaholism comes in waves.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for some the flashaholism comes in waves.
I think so.

Lately I've been wondering why I bought so many lights, batteries, chargers, etc.

Last week my wife asked me if there were any flashlights I wanted for Fathers Day and I honestly could not think of one.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal will still love you regardless :crackup:

Last week my wife asked me if there were any flashlights I wanted for Fathers Day and I honestly could not think of one.

Think harder! :grin2:

curtispdx

Enlightened
tools not toys,

sell the expensive shelf/safe queens, keep the practical useable light sources.

a new led/emitter is no doubt around the corner that will make the sst 50/90s look weak,

check back soon :twothumbs

Well said. I dropped my brand-new E2DL on the garage floor two days ago and now it has a tiny ding on the bezel and I really didn't worry about it. I figure that it's my new EDC (with the LX2 clip) and it'll get dinged up anyway. The super-nice lights that I sold off were so expensive I didn't want to take them to work with me so they ended up being unused.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it wears off, but usually comes back with a VENGANCE! I think there were three periods where I would rarely even visit CPF, but those periods were always followed by some intense buying/trading.

I think I am in the same boat with the OP at the moment and am on the waning end of my flashlight cycle.

curtispdx

Enlightened
I say all this then I start thinking about the Milky E series head or T1A that are now for sale... I think I've fallen off the wagon...