Travel tripod

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone got cheap but decent suggestions on a travel tripod?

Im looking at the Gorilla Pod for my SLR but I have to have something to grip it to, otherwise its useless.

I want something light and small that can collapse to say 1.5 foot could be 2 feet.

But can stand eye level. also when collapsed it is not too bulky.

My tripod is a bit bulky when collapsed.

Illum

Flashaholic
I've traveled with a hand-down tripod frommy father when I enrolled into photography way back from high school.

Slik Gazelle 95D, at least 30 years old and back before i was born this would be his choice of carry during mountain hikes and field photography.

About 2 pounds, 21" closed, 4.6 feet extend...so its chest high only...but I absolutely love it.

I wish I can be of more help but its the only tripod I've used and tested:shrug:

Aquanaut

Newly Enlightened
You can't get any cheaper or more convenient for travel than a monopod. They can be quite steady. They are especially useful when you have to follow horizontal movement.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Currently, I'm using a Velbon Ultra Luxi M, it's ideal for travel. It collapses down to about 1 foot (13.5"), and extends to 4.5 feet (54.5"), about 2.5 pounds and can take a load of 5.5 pounds. It helps that it comes with its own carry bag.

Last edited: