Ryobi 35W, 18V HID

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I was at my local Home Depot tonight picking up parts for a MAG-MR16 flood light.

In the tool corral they had a Ryobi 18V HID spotlight. Reflector size is about the same size as the stanley. It accepts their standard Lithium 18V pack, package specs claimed 2800 Lumens and 60 minute run time. Nice thing about it though is that the cells are easily (and relatively cheaply) swapped in/out in the field.
Price was $49, but that does not include the charger + battery

Looks like a nice alternative to the stanley for the budget conscious HID crowd wanting longer run times.

Last edited:

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I found 2 for sale on Ebay, but it isn't listed on the Ryobi website (it may be there, but I couldn't find it in a logical place).

Man, I wish this had been out a few months ago, I would much rather have this one than the spotlight I have.

Anyway, a scouring of the web (including Home Depot's site) and I can only find this thing at the 'bay for $65+. How much was it in the store? I may have to swing by there tomorrow for a look.

stollman

Enlightened
Stopped by Home Depot today:
Light: $49.00
18V Battery: $39.00
Charger: $29.00

Looks o.k. for a work light, but I don't think it is water resistant based on how the battery pops into the bottom of the handle.

Total weight for Light and Battery is close to 5 lbs in my opinion.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute...pops in thebottom, is this part of the One+ system?
I have a number of those tools ad batteries.....I think I "need" another!!!!

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Stopped by Home Depot today:
Light: $49.00
18V Battery: $39.00
Charger: $29.00

Looks o.k. for a work light, but I don't think it is water resistant based on how the battery pops into the bottom of the handle.

Total weight for Light and Battery is close to 5 lbs in my opinion.

Dang, I have the lithium One+ system.........but my visit to [my local] Home Depot came up with nothing. They didn't have it, or even a place for it. Argh.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Wait a minute...pops in thebottom, is this part of the One+ system?
I have a number of those tools ad batteries.....I think I "need" another!!!!

OOps looks like I forgot one little detail.

The battery pack loads and unloads through the handle, just like most of the hand tools in the series. If you already have the charger + cells, it looks like a nice setup. Field replaceable cells could make it a nice alternative to the Stanley.

Note its not this light here. The light I saw is green and black.

Last edited:

SiMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
If it's 4200K you have my attention. :huh:

Unfortunately, it's more of a 6000k or higher. Still very bright and even with the big 4.5ah lion not too heavy. Hopefully we can figure out a way to swap in a 4200k bulb, as I feel that would make this a great light.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Here is some info, looks like Home Depot has them on sale. They are in the flashlight area as opposed to with the Ryobi One+ tools.

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/power_tools/lifestyle/P716

Ryobi.jpg

Last edited:

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have these at my local Home Depot also. Since I have two 18v Ryobi Li-ion extended batteries already I might have to pick one of these up. We shall see. :)

357mag1

Enlightened
My wife picked one up as a gift to me for Father's Day. I have a bunch of the Ryobi 18v tools and batteries so this is a great addition.
It seems to be on par with the Stanley HID but a little brighter and not quite as much throw.

JHCANDLEPOWER

Newly Enlightened
Greetings!
Would you be able to provide some beamshots and/or comment on the runtime? Learning about HID only recently, does this give max output over it's runtime then shut off or does it decay immediately like the old alkaline incand?

Best regards

My wife picked one up as a gift to me for Father's Day. I have a bunch of the Ryobi 18v tools and batteries so this is a great addition.
It seems to be on par with the Stanley HID but a little brighter and not quite as much throw.