Keep2Go Personal Travel Tube Review

Monolith

Enlightened
I won a Keep2Go Personal Travel Tube Container at the Flashaholic Camping Weekend (FCW-6) that was provided by Going Gear (www.goinggear.com).

The small Keep2Go retails for $1.99 and has the following specifications:

*1 oz / 40 ml capacity
*Dishwasher safe
*Floatable
*Available in a wide range of colors and sizes (small, medium, large)
*Tether point on top of container
*Simple screw on / screw off top
*Waterproof

Package contains:
*Container top
*Container
*Instructions

Operation:
*Unscrew top, insert items, screw top back on

Factory website:
*www.bluedesert.co.il/k2g.html

Contents of "package" shown in pic:

IMG_4472.jpg

A multitude of uses are listed on the hang tag. Note that it says "Sealed & Waterproof" - this will be tested later.

IMG_4473.jpg

I selected the small sized and clear tube because I had salvaged a 3-colored flashing LED circuit from another gizmo, and the small tube size looked perfect for inserting the circuit.

IMG_4476.jpg

Ahhhh, turned out the circuit fit perfectly in the tube:

IMG_4477.jpg

Poor camera skills, but essentially a shot in the dark of the blinking LEDs while inside the Keep2Go tube:

IMG_4504.jpg

I hope to upload a video later of the circuit flashing while in the tube and submerged in a glass of water to show that the Keep2Go is sealed and waterproof.....

Use Comments:

With the circuitry in the tube and a JetBeam lanyard (from www.BugOutGearUSA.com), it makes a great LED signaling device to hang from a backpack, canoe, etc. without concern for the weather or environment. The flashing LEDs are quite bright and can be seen from a good distance.

nbp

Flashaholic
Nice little review. These tubes rock. I have the somewhat larger one that fits 4xCR123 and I use it anytime I go on a trip to bring a few spare cells with me. They are nearly indestructible and provide a safe place for batteries without risk of shorting or crushing or whatever else might happen in a piece of luggage. Great little tool, I should get some more, just in case.

bltkmt

Enlightened
Do you tape the ends of the batteries when in the tube? I am never clear if this is necessary...thanks.

vudoo

Enlightened
Those tubes look very handy. My friends and I occasionally smoke cigars and we have found the tubes the cigars come in are also perfect for storing CR123's. You would need to tape the ends of the outer batteries though to prevent a short as the tubes are metal.

Last edited:

ziptrickhead

Newly Enlightened
Do you tape the ends of the batteries when in the tube? I am never clear if this is necessary...thanks.

You only need to cover the contacts of batteries when they make contact with a conductor (such as metal) that will cause a short between the two ends. With plastic tubes, it is unnecessary since there is no closed electrical path to short the batteries.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a load-out of 4x123's in a keep-to-go tube. The tubes are thick and strong and seem durable (survive a bicycle accident, tipping from a canoe, banging down a rappel).
Thing is, the tube with its big top more than double the volume of the cr123s, and most times I just pack them in the little cheap 2x18650/4x123 battery cases from DX, KD, that AW now ships in. So the Keep2go tube is really thick and strong, but many times so much so that it's not worth the extra bulk for me to carry.

I also have a load-out of 4x123's in a keep-to-go tube. The tubes are thick and strong and seem durable (survive a bicycle accident, tipping from a canoe, banging down a rappel).
Thing is, the tube with its big top more than double the volume of the cr123s, and most times I just pack them in the little cheap 2x18650/4x123 battery cases from DX, KD, that AW now ships in. So the Keep2go tube is really thick and strong, but many times so much so that it's not worth the extra bulk for me to carry.

I agree with Linger...the tubes are too large for backpacking, but because of their waterproof construction I consider them essential for canoe or kayak trips (the tubes impose no weight penalty in a craft capable of floating 1,000 pounds of people and gear).

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

A common water bottle top will fit the small tubes. There are many different types threaded tops but I know a few common water bottle tops fit. This decreases the overal height by 1in.

I believe there is a sales thread for all three sizes over on CPFmarketplace.com in the Misc. Non-Lights section.;)

Last edited: