New 100 Lumen BluePoint LED Pen Light

KLowD9x

Banned
Browsing through the SnapOn tool catalog, I found a pen light rated at five times the luminous output of my current Streamlight pen lights. Streamlight claims around 20 lumens, Bluepoint claims 100 lumens.

I thought you all might be interested in this, so here are some pictures and a bit of a write up.

2QFv1.jpg

A comparison between my two Streamlights.

For some reason, it comes with a silicone sheath around the end of the light. I think it is because the end of the light, near the emitter, gets very warm when left on for a long time. However, this sheath makes it nearly impossible to slide it easily into my shirt pocket. So, I removed it.

W39yT.jpg

59fOr.jpg

As you can see here, the emitter is tiny. I am blown away by the output of this emitter, especially when compared to the output of my two Streamlights. The emitter in the blue point appears to be mounted directly onto the aluminum reflector (which is actually just a machined cone with a rough surface) to be used as a heat sink.

HRGrT.jpg

HUGE difference in light output.

QlB4m.jpg

2eGWB.jpg

And, just to show off:

My LEDs:

NW8hX.jpg

All my lights:

dmmFx.jpg

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
that looks like it could be a golden dragon.... but what appears to be the reverse polarity red diode is too close to the middle.. hmmm. :thinking:

ama230

Enlightened
it looks like a great penlight. It strongly resembles a sunlite penlight with the silicone sleeve that you mentioned. Then also the emitter doesn't look the the sunlites so it must be a new type. They sell theirs with a 65lumen head or a 100lumen head so they are rather close to what the bluepoint offers. Again being a snapon and bluepoint fan thy picked a good platform regardless. This seems to be a very versatile light. Also just to ask is how much was the bluepoint man asking for the light because these are 40 bucks but without the famous warranty you get with bluepoint.

Slim3w-b_r-600x214.jpg

Slimsmall.jpg

Slim3W-2small.jpg

slim-with_head-2-600x302.jpg

KLowD9x

Banned
Wow, that is the exact same light.

The light was 45 dollars.

On the box, it has part numbers for all of the attachments and LEDs you have shown in your post above.

ama230

Enlightened
they seem like great lights and they didnt get much attention on here due the name brand not meeting the criteria. It seems like it has the most options of any small light on here and the head getting hot is perfectly normal as this light is very small to dissipate that much power in a small package. I think the silicone sleeve is for impact safety as the lens is glass and helps a little with the impacts. Also have you tested the runtime?

Also whats the black small light next to the bluepoint light? Type of Led, batteries brand and overall impression? Just curious...

Last edited:

KLowD9x

Banned
they seem like great lights and they didnt get much attention on here due the name brand not meeting the criteria. It seems like it has the most options of any small light on here and the head getting hot is perfectly normal as this light is very small to dissipate that much power in a small package. I think the silicone sleeve is for impact safety as the lens is glass and helps a little with the impacts. Also have you tested the runtime?

Also whats the black small light next to the bluepoint light? Type of Led, batteries brand and overall impression? Just curious...

No, I have not tested the run time.

The black light is my UV led light for leak checking HVAC systems.

I don't know anything about it other than it is very bright for a UV lamp, I would estimate it to be about 75 lumens.

This is as much information as I can find: Link to Cornwell Tools Catalog

spoonrobot

Enlightened
Thanks for the look! I love the recent crop of high output AAA penlights. What kind of switch is that?

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
Wait, Sunlite buys Cree dies and uses their own phosphor?

well, cree does make like 1/3 of all blue (meaning white) and green led dice for the entire planet, mostly for other companies to put their own phosphor dope on.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
it looks like a great penlight. It strongly resembles a sunlite penlight with the silicone sleeve that you mentioned. Then also the emitter doesn't look the the sunlites so it must be a new type. They sell theirs with a 65lumen head or a 100lumen head so they are rather close to what the bluepoint offers. Again being a snapon and bluepoint fan thy picked a good platform regardless. This seems to be a very versatile light. Also just to ask is how much was the bluepoint man asking for the light because these are 40 bucks but without the famous warranty you get with bluepoint.

Slim3w-b_r-600x214.jpg

Slimsmall.jpg

Slim3W-2small.jpg

slim-with_head-2-600x302.jpg

THANKS!! Where? When can I get one of these?

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I love the Sunlite brand.....perhaps this Bluepoint light is Snap-On's name placed on a Sunlite light.

Anyways, in my prior days on this forum, I placed a few reviews of Sunlite lights....here is a few if you all are interested. I heavily use the Utility and the 8w. The Slims have had their use until I kept losing them! :mecry:

Sunlite Slim 2

Sunlite Slim Jr

Sunlite 8wFP

Sunlite 16wFP

Sunlite FP80

Sunlite Utility